Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

But he was our top scorer last season.

a lot of you keep knocking nugent, what about the other two clowns?

vardy just needs a saddle and a jockey,  because he is like a runaway horse,

and alloa runs like an old aged pensioner, also nugent has not even started

the last three or four games, fact is we have not got a single stand out player,

cambiasso if he was ten years younger absolutely, the rest forget it,

even if pearson splashed out on new players i doubt he would buy wisely,

sorry to say he is out of his depth, we need an injection of fresh ideas

i do not rate wood, but he could do no worse than current crop, give kasper

a rest, hamer was excellent  against stoke, give him a start, its all so lack lustre,

gawd help us.

Can't believe his terrible contribution tonight.

Yes he didn't play, but I watched him in the warm up and my god, after watching that our forwards were clearly affected by Nugents inability to hit the net, it's no wonder we had to rely on our wonderful 8 million pound striker cleverly aiming for back of Minolets head via the post, tekkers lads, utter tekkers.

The sooner we can fck him off to the first conference team that will have him the better, he's bringing the whole squad down with his constant smiling and lack of application during shooting practice.

NUGENT OUT

PEARSON OUT

DAVE RENNIE OUT. HOW MANY TIME DO WE WANT TO BE RELEGATED WITH THIS BLOKE?

Can't believe his terrible contribution tonight.

Yes he didn't play, but I watched him in the warm up and my god, after watching that our forwards were clearly affected by Nugents inability to hit the net, it's no wonder we had to rely on our wonderful 8 million pound striker cleverly aiming for back of Minolets head via the post, tekkers lads, utter tekkers.

The sooner we can fck him off to the first conference team that will have him the better, he's bringing the whole squad down with his constant smiling and lack of application during shooting practice.

NUGENT OUT

PEARSON OUT

DAVE RENNIE OUT. HOW MANY TIME DO WE WANT TO BE RELEGATED WITH THIS BLOKE?

Never heard a single 'we missed nugent' comment tonight...

Not in the ground, not on here and not on the radio.

Tonight he was where he needs to be during every 90 minutes from now until the end of the season, nowhere near the pitch.

I'll blame him for Vardy's shot in the first half as Nugent did exactly the same in the Sunderland game and as the more experienced player Vardy looks up to him for inspiration.

Exactly the same?

Ulloa flicked the ball on to Vardy meaning he had no support.....nuge was played the ball by james and had ulloa to his left, so yeah totally the same.

Tonight he was where he needs to be during every 90 minutes from now until the end of the season, nowhere near the pitch.

Exactly the same?

Ulloa flicked the ball on to Vardy meaning he had no support.....nuge was played the ball by james and had ulloa to his left, so yeah totally the same.

Glad your happy, great to see the team have really benefited now the obvious problem has been removed, the team were fantastic last night and our strikers were on shit hot form, just a shame we didn't think to drop him sooner we could have had several more electrifying performances like last night. :xmasdry:

Exactly the same?

Vardy decided to shoot from a long way out with options to check and wait for support or do what he did last season and take players on. He had a rush of blood and carelessly shot from a wide angle. Like Nugent did.

Only Vardy is riding the crest of a wave of love from the fans whilst every move Nugent makes is scrutinised and slagged off, despite both being vital to our promotion last season and our best victory this.

Vardy was shit yesterday. There was a time he had a chance to really skin skrtel and he took a touch so far ahead of him that the fact he outpaced skrtel was irrelevant because there was about 3 covering defenders to get the ball before him. Frustrating to watch.

Exactly the same?

You might want to have a look now, numerous suggestions he should be bought back, probably as people have realized we were actually putting points on the board when he was playing!

I think 5 games was your threshold wasn't it? Yes, I'll hold my hands up to you if neither of them plays five games.

But you're still massively missing the point. I want Nugent to play in every game but I just think he needs to offer more than he has in the past at this level if he is to maintain that place, over a prolonged period of time.

If he replicates his current form over the whole season - i.e. zero assists and about 6 goals, all from penalties, then it would be remarkable if he remained in the side. What you don't seem to grasp is that I believe he will either do better than that - it's very likely he will, as I see it - or be dropped.

We're only going round in circles because you've paid next to no attention to what I'm saying. And clearly, if you don't see that two new players being brought into the first team squad to compete for his place constitutes a greater chance that he'll be dropped, then we're going to struggle to have a meaningful argument.

Do you want to do this now or do you want to drag out till the end of the season?

The problem I have with Nugent is that we can do better for the role he plays in this team in the Premier League. It was all fine against Championship teams last season but this season he is getting found out a little in that role behind Vardy. He's getting caught on the ball etc... and I don't think he has that sharpness on the ball to play the withdrawn striker role. However, he has played his best for us in that role so where does he stand in the squad now? I don't think he's a hopeless case but I don't think he can play a role in the team like he did last year. It's a strange one. What you can't say is that he hasn't contributed this season. Played well vs. United. Important in the win vs. Stoke with the build up to the goal. A few other decent performances.

I just think there are much better options for us out there in that withdrawn striker/linking role. Although, Ulloa is not one of them! It seemed he was playing there on Tuesday night and he has dropped deep quite often in other matches. Then that leaves us with a problem as to where to put Vardy. His work-rate and energy is important yet his finishing has been poor. As the main striker he needs to do better with his chances, even though he is causing teams problems as well. 

For me, Nugent gets slated far too much, Vardy not enough and Ulloa is trying to hard to get the ball or is being told by the manager to play too deep. Either way, we haven't got the balance right up front and we haven't been clinical enough. Service has lacked at times but we probably don't possess the strikers (bar Ulloa) to take those chances when they come. A serious dilemma up front for me, which is why I think we need to buy another.

The problem I have with Nugent is that we can do better for the role he plays in this team in the Premier League. It was all fine against Championship teams last season but this season he is getting found out a little in that role behind Vardy. He's getting caught on the ball etc... and I don't think he has that sharpness on the ball to play the withdrawn striker role. However, he has played his best for us in that role so where does he stand in the squad now? I don't think he's a hopeless case but I don't think he can play a role in the team like he did last year. It's a strange one. What you can't say is that he hasn't contributed this season. Played well vs. United. Important in the win vs. Stoke with the build up to the goal. A few other decent performances.

I just think there are much better options for us out there in that withdrawn striker/linking role. Although, Ulloa is not one of them! It seemed he was playing there on Tuesday night and he has dropped deep quite often in other matches. Then that leaves us with a problem as to where to put Vardy. His work-rate and energy is important yet his finishing has been poor. As the main striker he needs to do better with his chances, even though he is causing teams problems as well. 

For me, Nugent gets slated far too much, Vardy not enough and Ulloa is trying to hard to get the ball or is being told by the manager to play too deep. Either way, we haven't got the balance right up front and we haven't been clinical enough. Service has lacked at times but we probably don't possess the strikers (bar Ulloa) to take those chances when they come. A serious dilemma up front for me, which is why I think we need to buy another.

It is strange. I mean, Nugent is a skilful hard-working footballer. You'd have thought he'd have done a lot better this season.

I think maybe the problem is that he's been playing too far forward. Maybe he just needs to drop deeper and link up more with the midfield. He's never been an out-and-out striker and so might have more success as a midfielder who can get forward?

It is strange. I mean, Nugent is a skilful hard-working footballer. You'd have thought he'd have done a lot better this season.

I think maybe the problem is that he's been playing too far forward. Maybe he just needs to drop deeper and link up more with the midfield. He's never been an out-and-out striker and so might have more success as a midfielder who can get forward?

he has been playing that role

Yeah I guess so. He just seems so isolated though whenever he gets the ball.

I'm thinking he just needs to start as a more conventional midfielder? Clutching. At. Straws... ?

Yeah I was saying he's playing that linking position and not really performing/isn't good enough for it in the Premier League. He is a fairly limited footballer after all and that role requires a lot of creativity and a bit more awareness/technical ability than he has shown.

• 1 month later...

I've given him another month.....

Seems like we've got to give him another month whether we like it or not. He's going no-where, unfortunately.

I'm struggling to get excited when I see the name on the teamsheet though, it instantly winds me up.

We got what we deserved today starting with him and Vardy.

Archived