Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

But he was our top scorer last season.

The thing is, a striker is only as good as the service he gets - to be fair to Nuge, yesterday the service was just not there.

He had the service vs. Villa and did nothing.

He had the service all last season and scored a poultry amount for a team that were promoted with 102 points.

He had the service all last season and scored a poultry amount for a team that were promoted with 102 points.

7010918667_fddcd98d63.jpg

Think you mean this...

2yEHX4V.png

And either way you're wrong. 20 goals and about 15 assists. Yeah he didn't help us get to 102 points at all did he lol lol

Yh the midfielders certainly were egging him on against Villa with good play on the wings and he still couldn't make the ball fly into the net. Didn't even lay on an assist. We should have paid him in chicken feed for that game. 

He had one of those games against Villa. As for last season, well he scored 20 goals which is something we've (as a fan base) have been asking for since Dickov left.

Disregard this if it suits your argument, I don't care but how many of those 20 were penalties. Before some 'original Charlie' pipes up saying 'but penalties don't count', they do count towards a goal tally but they are unrepresentative of a players ability in open play. For our main striker to score 12 open play goals in 46 games with a team creating tons of chances is bang bleeding average.

This season his goal scoring record is once again, pathetic.

We play better when he plays with Ulloa. He seems to bring the best out of him. 

This is it, all over.

Quite why we have a reoccurring thread about David Nugent but not Jamie Vardy who has been an apology of a footballer in this league bar one game is quite beyond me.

Disregard this if it suits your argument, I don't care but how many of those 20 were penalties. Before some 'original Charlie' pipes up saying 'but penalties don't count', they do count towards a goal tally but they are unrepresentative of a players ability in open play. For our main striker to score 12 open play goals in 46 games with a team creating tons of chances is bang bleeding average.

But he wasn't our main striker, he played a withdrawn role linking midfield and attack...

He isn't our main striker. Last season he played behind Vardy, hence the amount of assists he got (and played a part in Vardy's development) and has been doing the same this season. We put two strikers out but we don't necessarily play two together up front in a 442. Nugent's movement is still the best we have too.

This is it, all over.

Quite why we have a reoccurring thread about David Nugent but not Jamie Vardy who has been an apology of a footballer in this league bar one game is quite beyond me.

Yes, me too.

As a Kiwi Croatian, can I ask on your opinion of Chris Wood. It's unfortunate that the guy I'm here supporting, Kramaric, will possibly be kicking out the guy I followed at Leicester from a Kiwi point of reference. Is he totally out of the frame? I mean, is he not even worthy of a mention when compared to a Nugent or Vardy? I followed Niko Kranjcar when he was at Portsmouth with Nugent many moons ago, 2007 in fact, and the Pompey forums then were exactly like this. He was roasted continually for not being premiership level back then, and that was 7 years ago for goodness sakes. I like the effort, but it took him 18 months to score his first goal for Portsmouth. Take him down a level and he's great, but I think you have to accept after 7 seasons of trying to get to grips with the top flight that it just ain't going to happen

No disrespect to the guy, because he works hard and really wants to be a success. But he's been found wanting at this level, and he'll be gone in the summer window if the team stays up. It needs to be the big guy little guy scenario, Ulloa and Kramaric playing off him. And they need time to gel, they can't be dropped if it doesn't work first game. They're the best strikers at the club, plain and simple

I've got to be brutally honest, I don't rate Wood at all. I think he's very good at shooting - both from inside and outside the box (he's scored a few like that Burnley goal) but that's literally all he can do. He's got no pace or agility, he's not particularly good in the air, he hasn't got a great touch or vision.

If you build your team around giving him chances then he'll score a lot, but I think it's too big a sacrifice to make. He's got some talent, just not enough.

Yeah I hear you on the Chris Wood comments. I have to say that when he first played for New Zealand at about 18 or so I was a bit surprised at his lack of pace. I immediately thought he might not make it at the highest level due to that alone. He has scored goals at every club he's played for in England I think, but if you don't have speed then the prem is the league where it will show up more than any other in Europe. He's done well for a Kiwi to make it this far, normally it's just defenders we produce that might cut it at this level like Winston Reid and Ryan Nelson. Cheers

• 2 months later...

Nuge needs 1 more to equal his best Prem tally, 6 for Burnley. I'd back him to get it - maybe even finish as our top scorer at this rate (9 for Leo). I'd certainly back him to be top league scorer for us - Ulloa only has 7!

Archived