Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

Atmosphere

I think the Burnley fans were fantastic today, especially second half at 2-1. Really inspired their team on to a very deserved point.

On the other hand, we were very subdued. Before kick off was quiet, and was quiet throughout. Never really got behind the players and made the atmosphere nervous for them in the second half.

the whole second half we knew they were going to score, their fans knew they were going to score. it was weird. they were almost pre celebrating for 20 minutes and we were already cryin about throwing the game away. then we did.

I've blamed the team, performance, now us, the fans.

We were just as poor as the team and performance, the place has been rocking (literally) all season so far, it's been brilliant but today was awful.

We have our part to play and we have done so up until today.

Think I saw Pearson said he wanted the fans to replicate the atmosphere like against Man Utd, it was anything but that (even pre match/when were 2-1 up compared to when we were losing against Man Utd).

We failed on our part, I'm not saying we'd have won or it'd have changed anything if it was a better atmosphere, but I'm sure it would have seemed a lot more postive as opposed to a dreary, boring, negative atmosphere.

Says it all when we have 150 people already on the post match thread and 5 on this.Nobody gives a shit about creating a noise,way to busy analyzing play and being total football geeks.Sad days indeed.

well the first post summed it up really, the atmosphere was crap. not much more to add. there is, however, an awful lot to talk about in the post match thread.

I blame the half-time entertainment.

****ing terrible half-time entertainment.

I go to the football to be entertained not to be reminded that the capacity of our ground dies from cardiac arrest each year.

Looked like half our team needed the defibrillator second half.

lol.

Erm, Burnley fans were shit. I heard them for about 10 minutes in the whole game. None of the travelling support has been impressive but the other 3 that have come to us in the league have all been far better than Burnley.

It was no suprise that it was a shite atmosphere,  you just knew nobody would be up for it bar the lads in SK1.

well the first post summed it up really, the atmosphere was crap. not much more to add. there is, however, an awful lot to talk about in the post match thread.

That's my point in a way,fvck watching the game like your a MOTD pundit and get behind the team for 90 minutes.I can't really add much in the post match thread cause I don't follow the ball around the pitch like most people seem to in our ground.Why I get wound up I don't know,I just do.

Erm, Burnley fans were shit. I heard them for about 10 minutes in the whole game. None of the travelling support has been impressive but the other 3 that have come to us in the league have all been far better than Burnley.

It was no suprise that it was a shite atmosphere,  you just knew nobody would be up for it bar the lads in SK1.

Not sure how L1 was. I don't generally hear it on a good day due to the direction they face, hence why they don't hear us either.

Rest of the ground was silent all game. That isn't good enough and to me just proves that expectations dictate 100% of what goes on in our crowd.

It was no suprise that it was a shite atmosphere, you just knew nobody would be up for it bar the lads in SK1.

I sit in sk1 and heard Burnley more, and louder, than I did the sk1 group throughout the game. In a ground where "sound doesn't travel", remember. I've thoroughly enjoyed the work of the sk1ers so far this season but today was poor from them as well as everyone else in blue. Onto the next...

I thought SK1/Union FS are not interested in banter with away fans, so why it bother you?

Just keep focus on your own effort, lads...

That's exactly what I was getting at wasn't it?

A home crowd that was described pre-match as 'one of the loudest in the country' was quieter than about 2,000 Burnley fans. Don't let that get in the way of pretending it was a snipe at L1 though.

Burnley's support from about 60 mins onwards was the best I have seen at this ground in years. Consistent and really inspired their team to believe they could get something from the game, which clearly they ultimately did.

We didn't hit the heights atmosphere-wise today which is a real shame considering the importance of the game. People need to wake up to the fact that this season is going to be a struggle and not one game is a gimme. The team therefore need our undivided support throughout every game.

Subdued moaning helps no one and does nothing except making yourself miserable. As for the boos, blimey.

Archived