Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

Atmosphere

How do you go on from now about starting some new chants?

I just hope that some of the chants that get suggested in the new chants thread do get started.

I am down for singing some older chants as well but IMO it's always nice to hear new chants started. If you don't like the chant just don't join in. It annoyed me when I heard that "that song is shit" chant. How is someone going to have the confidence to start a new chant if some of the crowd sing that back at them?

After all I stand further along to the left of the group so I'm a little bit out. But still join in!

Bit disappointed with the atmosphere at times yesterday. Sitting in the P2 block I don't expect a massive amount of singing, but there was silence for long periods. The 10-12 year old lads I go with were  singing their own versions of the Ulloa and Vardy chants a couple of weeks ago, but not yesterday. 

My excuse yesterday, slightly embarrassed about my screaming on the 4th and 5th goal at the previous home game. Didn't know I could still scream.

So, anybody else in that area thinking we should encourage kids to sing....'F***ing' in the Ulloa, switches to 'flipping',  Vardy's party you bring cola and smarties!  It's better than nothing.

I was there yesterday, SK1 KK, and thought the atmosphere was poor overall. I really wish that 'supporters' would be more vocal and encourage the team because I can't help thinking that it would encourage and positively impact on what was a sluggish and below par performance. I don't manage to go as often as I can because of costs and travel time from London so it's easy for me to say fans should do more, I'm not sure I would if I went week in and week out. But I think I would, and never stop at away games.

To those of you who try week in and week out I admire you, and don't give up. People will always have opposing views but stay positive and keep trying. It'll take time to evolve change.

It felt like an anti-climax game today and the fans around me were dreadful in the 'kop'... I'm always cheering my team on but it's like most other fans couldn't be arsed because it was Burnley!

Really poor today and it must rub off onto the players

Burnley, however, have the Kingpower stadium down just behind Old Trafford and Anfield for the most anticipated trip of the season.

I'd say this was the only game where we really expected to win hence some fans booing at full time (which I found pretty fvcking disgusting myself). That expectancy plus a fairly unexciting game meant it wasn't as good as it usually is although I still felt it was better than most Championship games.

Good reaction to conceding the first goal as I recall, which was good to see.

Very poor from our lot on and off the pitch.

I thought the Burnley fans were fantastic 2nd half and we had no answers, so fair play to them for that.

On another note, I was at palace last week and noticed how good our fans were in the pubs before the game and in the ground up till half time.

Second half when the alcohol wore off ( and the 2 quick goals) we just did nothing - the same happened at Chelsea.

We're not backing the team when they really need it imo - that's what the Burnley fans did yesterday

Its funny because I actually thought pur lot drowned out the Burnley fans a lot second half. Im sat in the family stand and all I could hear was the Ulloa song.

Im as critical of our home atmosphere as the next man but I think we have got behind the side when we've fallen behind all season and its something the players have cited as an influence too

SK1 were embarrassing today. Dreadful.

It's basically 10-15 scruffy looking kids, with a couple of flags designed on Microsoft Word. How they can be comparing themselves to Ultras or trying to act that way is embarrassing.

L1 were superb as always from what I could see throughout.

I would LOVE to see you try and get something organised.

I thought you were gonna try and get as close to L1 as possible anyway?

Burnley, however, have the Kingpower stadium down just behind Old Trafford and Anfield for the most anticipated trip of the season.

While sarcastic, you actually make a decent point - it's not a trip every fan highlighted in their calender - it's not a day-tripper going almost as a neutral, the burnleh fans that travelled down on Saturday were the sort of fans that go to get behind their team, regardless of who the opposition is. Any clubs travelling support is generally better than their home support for that exact reason.

It does make me laugh how FS get the stick yet those who sit in silence get none.

I'm totally behind whoever said it's little groups in a group though. Considering "Union" is in the name, it hasn't really been that so far.

It does make me laugh how FS get the stick yet those who sit in silence get none.

I'm totally behind whoever said it's little groups in a group though. Considering "Union" is in the name, it hasn't really been that so far.

It shouldn't be hard to all sing from the same sheet should it? The more I think about that little chorus of shit song the other day the more that annoys the hell out of me.FFS what was to be gained from that.

It shouldn't be hard to all sing from the same sheet should it? The more I think about that little chorus of shit song the other day the more that annoys the hell out of me.FFS what was to be gained from that.

It was just a bad day all round really, but any more of that kind of thing and it's never going to take off. I'm entirely behind what's being done and I'm sticking at it, but if we can't unite about 100 (if that) then what hope have we got of improving the whole ground?

Archived