Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Omfg I know I've mentioned cyclists in my area before but this one takes the biscuit:  Driving through a small village with a bike lane on either side of the road, I get slowed by a man in full casual dress ambling down the centre of the road on his bike, and when we came to a parked car in our lane, instead of nipping into the bike lane to pass it safely off the road, he makes a conscious decision to block the oncoming lane with his manoeuvre instead.

I'm very proud I managed to restrict myself to simply driving past him as close as possible at full rev and zooming off with half my car on the fvcking bike lane, instead of committing vehicular manslaughter as I was morally mandated to do.

• Like 2

Talking of cyclists, was on a long stretch of A-road the other day and could see two spandex cyclists in the distance. As I got nearer the one at the rear either fell off his cycle or threw it to the ground and started walking back the way they'd come from towards me. Had a right mardy face on and am sure he was having a strop. I found it hilarious and slowed down to watch in the mirror. He continued walking off for as long as I watched!

Waiting 10 minutes at a set of temporary traffic lights on a blind bend then realising they were broken, decided to tentatively go anyway.....

The policeman driving the police vehicle who had the same idea coming from the other direction who wasn't sure either if the lights were broken saw the funny side, fortunately.

I've had this before in town, sat at a set of traffic lights for about ten minutes until I realised they were stuck on red. Is it still illegal to drive through them if this is the case or are you supposed to sit there until somebody comes to fix them? lol

I've had this before in town, sat at a set of traffic lights for about ten minutes until I realised they were stuck on red. Is it still illegal to drive through them if this is the case or are you supposed to sit there until somebody comes to fix them? lol

Apparently you're supposed to "find a police officer". So my dad says anyway lol

A few years ago I waited at a set that were stuck on red for a few minutes before going through. Passing back through about 10 minutes later the other way I could see they were still broken and could see that there was nobody coming from the opposite direction so I went straight through. Turns out the headlights behind me were from a police car. >_<

Luckily he pulled me over within sight of the lights and could see they were stuck on red after talking to me for a few minutes so he let me off.

Edited by potter3

On blue lights today approaching a line of traffic giving way to us, a van coming the other way forced me to take an evasive manoeuvre as he kept on coming towards us. He went past on our offside as I tried to find space to avoid him. The twat was laughing into his mobile phone. Had me worried, stressed and therefore ANGRY!!

People hogging lane two on the M1 any fvcking motorway in England you all drive like cvnts.

Joined the M69 last night with virtually no cars on whatsoever and took a look in my mirror to see some guy indicate to move into the centre lane, I was going quicker than him and there were no other cars in sight. I thought that maybe he'd just misjudged his/my speed and would move back over again, but nope.

I just don't understand that mindset whatsoever, and never will. There must be somebody who posts on here who drives like that and can hopefully shed light on it.

People who block exits, particularly at roundabouts, just to get a few inches further forward as opposed to waiting. The extra 30second wait for the lights to change again before you pull off really isn't that difficult, but no, you must block roundabout completley because your journey is so much more important than the 50 cars who can't move off from the lights thanks to you. 

Joined the M69 last night with virtually no cars on whatsoever and took a look in my mirror to see some guy indicate to move into the centre lane, I was going quicker than him and there were no other cars in sight. I thought that maybe he'd just misjudged his/my speed and would move back over again, but nope.

I just don't understand that mindset whatsoever, and never will. There must be somebody who posts on here who drives like that and can hopefully shed light on it.

People who block exits, particularly at roundabouts, just to get a few inches further forward as opposed to waiting. The extra 30second wait for the lights to change again before you pull off really isn't that difficult, but no, you must block roundabout completley because your journey is so much more important than the 50 cars who can't move off from the lights thanks to you. 

I know some people do it because they say that lane 1 is full of pot holes caused from the heavier vehicles (HGVs) always using it. That's not really an excuse though!

• Like 1

Drivers that sit in the middle or outside lane on the motorway doing 65-70mph without overtaking anyone. Stop making me cross two lanes to overtake you and pull back in front of you into the inside lane you clueless wankers.

Pretty sure I'm not just imagining that 90% of the time it's a middle aged/elderly woman.

I'm sure that the law states you can under cut any vehicle on a motorway if said vehicle is driving slower than the lane you are in. when I'm driving towards a car in the middle lane doing 65 and I'm doing 70 I stay in the inside lane and go past them. Usually but not always the car pulls over. I have never been pulled over for this and ive done it with police cars behind me.

Traffic lights at roundabouts, not simply just that though, what idiot decides 'hmmm right we've got some traffic lights at the roundabout, what else can we do?.....I know! Let's put more traffic lights literally on the roundabout!'

Did they not consider this would block the roundabout up, cause congestion?

To get round 1 roundabout that they have redeveloped (took them about 6 months+ to complete the work may I add) I think you need to go through 3 sets of traffic lights!!

****ing idiots. It's scary some of the decisions and ideas made nowadays.

Edited by Matt

An idiot motorcyclist (not even a learner) assuming the filtering position but not actually going any quicker than 10mph traffic despite there being plenty of room to pass, thereby holding me up and no doubt annoying the driver directly ahead of him. My bike's horn is so useless I had to rev it a treat before the **** got the message. 

I'm sure that the law states you can under cut any vehicle on a motorway if said vehicle is driving slower than the lane you are in. when I'm driving towards a car in the middle lane doing 65 and I'm doing 70 I stay in the inside lane and go past them. Usually but not always the car pulls over. I have never been pulled over for this and ive done it with police cars behind me.

I believe you can only undertake a vehicle if you are in a queue of slow moving traffic and the lane you are in is moving faster than the lane to your right.

From Highway Code - 268

Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake. In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions, you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right. Do not weave in and out of lanes to overtake. -

Edited by Parafox

My opinion on this is that the act of undercutting can be useful for making it clear to middle-lane twats that they need to pull over.  They're contravening highway code by being there in the first place so in this scenario I conclude that a second wrong causes a right, therefore acceptable imo.

• Like 1