Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

I was on the M69 the other night, very late it was with very little traffic, there I was in lane 1 catching up to a car and just as I am about to overtake, she moves (no indication) into lane 2.

There was nothing in front of her! NOTHING!

God know why she moved over, I went all the way out to lane 3 and as I was level with her, she only went back into lane 1....

She also had her damn high beams on so when I was back in lane 1 and I front of her I was minded in my mirrors too.

How can people this stupid be left with the responsibility of operating a piece of 2 tonne machinery that can kill people?

Saw a police car on Wednesday driving around at 7pm, and it didn't have it's headlights on. Anyone else tries that shit they'd be pulling them over and giving them a fine.

Saw the same in Loughborough a couple of weeks ago. Also saw somebody on a driving lesson driving around without lights on, which I couldn't believe either. How could the instructor not know?

Getting back to my car and some cvnt has clearly reversed into it and driven off. Nice bill for me mid-jan whilst this clueless inbred gets away leaving someone in the shit.

I saw someone do that in a car park before and drive off.

I took down details of the offending vehicle and a quick description of the driver and handed the paper I'd written it on into reception. No idea if the person whose car it was bothered to go into reception to ask if anyone had seen anything or just drove off annoyed though - didn't think about that until after.

A screw.

A screw that attached itself to my wheel, meaning a new tyre.

£182 lighter in my pocket now. Although got another quote for the same tyre at £315.

Just shows how you should shop around

If your tyres cost that much I take it you are not driving something shite.

Feel for those in high performance cars were you really should replace all four at once.

Edited by Jon the Hat

• 2 weeks later...

Driving home from work on Friday down Great Central street / frog island and was following a woman in a Vauxhall driving really eraticly . She was weaving all over the road and had full beam headlights on. Managed to get passed her as it goes into 2 lanes. She pulls up behind me at the Blackbird Road traffic lights , pulls some powder out of her pocket , and snorts it up her nose. Then lies back in her seat and relaxes lol

Where do you want them to learn?

Less busier roads until they're more confident at driving in rush hour/peak times (responsibility of the instructor, too).

When I learned, I went down village roads or side streets before I knew I was confident enough to handle bigger and busier roads. Just common sense, surely?

Less busier roads until they're more confident at driving in rush hour/peak times (responsibility of the instructor, too).

When I learned, I went down village roads or side streets before I knew I was confident enough to handle bigger and busier roads. Just common sense, surely?

I share your anger.  Driving under half the speed limit is enormously antisocial and the instructor should really command the situation better.  If you can't get someone to drive at least closer to the limit (or worse you don't have confidence in letting them do so) then you really shouldn't be on that road.

We've all been there.

Nope.  If anything my instructor had to slow me down.  I genuinely struggle with the idea that someone can drive so slowly and believe they belong in a car at the same time - I'd be too embarrassed to get in a driver's seat ever again personally.

I learnt on an industrial estate (that has junctions, roundabouts and give ways) before moving through the villages and back roads and then gradually went into the towns/cities and dual carriageways.

Edited by DB11

Technically not "today", as it happened last Friday:

Had to travel to Nuremberg for work purposes, three and a half hours each way the quickest route.

Left early in the morning, only to be greeted with precarious conditions on the road - icy surface and a nasty snowfall, with visibility within the ten-metre range.

Somewhere near Stuttgart, the snow turned to rain and it was a smoother experience.

On the way back, it was already late evening, after having experienced similar weather with four lanes all going at 40 to 50 kilometres an hour, I got stuck in a traffic jam for two hours straight. Nothing could move anymore, as a few lorries had turned over and had to be taken off the road using large cranes.

My first real massive traffic jam ever.

Edited by MC Prussian