Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

I used to think that Audi owners had the worst balanced ratio of dickheads to normal drivers, but Seat are doing a good job of challenging that belief.  In the past 2 days I've had the following happen:

One chased me down a motorway on-ramp with his friend angrily hanging out the window ranting at me for having the nerve to pull into the same lane as him having indicated my intentions and left him a generous amount of road to respond to my presence (about 3-4 car lengths - this was on the main road leading up to the motorway where the limit was still 70 km/h - I was stuck behind someone stuck at around 60). The weirdest thing is I'd got back up to max speed and passed a couple more cars before he even reached the car I was initially passing so in nobody's right mind was it an act of cutting-up, in fact I hadn't even realised he was mad at this point. so when I saw him suddenly slam on the accelerator and start racing towards me I just figured he was a bit of a speedy dick and pulled over to let him pass, but instead of overtaking he matched my speed so they could have the aforementioned verbal offload. It gets even more bizarre because once we'd joined the motorway proper it became apparent they were from the slowly-hug-the-inside-lane school of driving as they disappeared into my rearview mirror, so it wasn't a case of some speed nuts thinking they had a divine right to power down the outside lane as you might expect. I genuinely have no idea what the problem was.

Then today I was on the motorway again (limit 120km/h) and this guy in a Seat's doing 110 in the outside lane, in no way travelling past the focus in the inside lane, but thankfully he became aware of my presence (I wasn't tailgating, just calmly holding the lane behind him hoping he'd notice what a huge arse he was being) and sped up a bit to overtake and pull over.  Then, when I went to overtake him so I could carry on down the road at a steady 125 (you get a 10% leeway with speed cameras here), this man who we've established to prefer driving at 110 starts getting faster and faster, such that once I'm at my natural speed I figure I'll let him go on ahead and pull in behind. But then he stops accelerating too, leaving us level, so I speed up to overtake him and he accelerates again too, until I finally get past him travelling at 140.  The second I was ahead of him and back in the inside lane he dropped off immediately back to his initial speed and like the last guy disappeared off into the rearview.  

Absolutely baffling.

Had a similar thing last week with some guy angrily tailgating, flashing his lights because I was overtaking steadily at 75mph on a dual carriageway and wouldn't go out of my way to let him past. Moved over as soon as I got a reasonable opportunity and the guy overtook at about 76mph and after a few hundred metres had slowed down to about 72mph. What was the point of getting angry if he didn't even want to go any faster than I was going in the first place.

Another one last week, a woman in a flashy BMW undertakes a row of cars because she failed to realise that everyone was in the outside lane of a dual carriageway because of an upcoming busy junction. Having realised at the last minute she pulled in front of me leaving about 2m gap and then preceeded to wave her arms at me and flash her brakes. I don't know whether she was criticising my correct decision to be in the outside lane or if she was concerned by the size of the gap between us which was entirely of her own making. Either way what a tit.

I put it down to the start of hot-car season.

• 4 weeks later...

Dropped the Father in Law off at work this morning in Groby and as i turned a corner i see a Land Rover trying to parallel park.

Now this space is quite tight so i think to myself you have no chance mate. He reverses slowly before touching the bumper of the car. Im waiting to go past as i cant get by whilst he is parking so im watching very closely. Once he touches the bumper i think nope you best go. What does he do. He continues to reverse in an attempt to nudge the car so he can swing the front into the space. At this point i pull up next to him and tell him hes wrecking the front of the parked car. You could see visible damage to the paintwork. He just says 'i know' and stops. I carry on past him on my journey but not without writing a description of the car and its number plate.

Im not normally one for getting involved but the ignorance of the **** got me annoyed. I will be leaving my details with the car later when i pick up the Father in Law so this w***** can cough up and pay.

Then as i go around the corner a paperboy just decides to cross the road without looking. I dont slow down i make sure i give him the fright of his life. Little scrote

I'm a new driver at the grand old age of 35, I think the Soar Valley Way, Lutterworth Road junction is going to give me a brain aneurysm. The amount of utter utter cockends (Usually Asian, usually driving an Aldi, BMW or Golf) that shoot up the left hand lane on Soar Valley Way, knowing very well that it's just for left turns only, and then proceed to just swerve into the middle lane to go straight on when they get to the junction.

I'm going to take one for the team soon and just ram the feckers as they cut me up.

I'm a new driver at the grand old age of 35, I think the Soar Valley Way, Lutterworth Road junction is going to give me a brain aneurysm. The amount of utter utter cockends (Usually Asian, usually driving an Aldi, BMW or Golf) that shoot up the left hand lane on Soar Valley Way, knowing very well that it's just for left turns only, and then proceed to just swerve into the middle lane to go straight on when they get to the junction.

I'm going to take one for the team soon and just ram the feckers as they cut me up.

Cant stand arseholes that do that. They then go mad at you if you dont let them in. Ehh aye up mate hows about you get on your knees and suck off your dad. Ignorant ****

Cant stand arseholes that do that. They then go mad at you if you dont let them in. Ehh aye up mate hows about you get on your knees and suck off your dad. Ignorant ****

When I see anyone doing that and trying to get in front of me I just match their speed. It's great knowing how furious they become

When I see anyone doing that and trying to get in front of me I just match their speed. It's great knowing how furious they become

I keep trying but my poor little 1.25 Fiesta has trouble lol

The joys of only just having passed your test.

definately. I never let them in. Same with going Fosse Park. The queue is long in the left hand lane so people go middle lane and try and cut in at the last minute. I end up shouting at the car in front of me to close their gap to not let the fvckers in.

• Like 1

definately. I never let them in. Same with going Fosse Park. The queue is long in the left hand lane so people go middle lane and try and cut in at the last minute. I end up shouting at the car in front of me to close their gap to not let the fvckers in.

Aye, in heavy traffic when people leave 3 cars distance ahead of them despite only travelling 10mph you're just asking for people to swipe that space. Then they back off from the car that has just cut in so someone else does the same! I ride a motorbike so it's a risky game but I'm willing to take it if it means I'll cause an arsehole a bit of inconvenience

People that take the piss with lane hopping are annoying but best to just ignore them. You can save a lot of time if you're clever though and can spot a gap that you can take without getting in people's way.

Road side memorials. I can understand people laying/tieing flowers on a lampost/street sign near to a tragic accident, but if you want to leave a fitting memorial go back a week or two later to remove the dead flowers/tatty ribbons/paper etc.

I've passed a couple recently the just look like someone has been fly tipping!

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 1

Driving down a single carriageway with lots of traffic blocked up coming the other way and coming up to someone stopped behind a car parked in your lane, but making no effort to assert themselves on the cocks stuck in the jam coming the other way so that one of them will let you both through.  I went mad gesticulating at this person to just fvcking indicate so at least they know she's trying to pull out.  Gave her the whole sarcastic clap when she finally twigged and everything.  

Talk about awkward when they pull into the work car park and you realise it's one of your colleagues... lol

Almost got into a crash once with someone who wouldn't let me in. It was pitch black and raining, and this guy was driving a black car and was so close to the car in front that when I was trying to merge in I could see neither his lights in the mirror nor his car when I looked over my shoulder, so it looked like a space. Went for the space and luckily he beeped his horn and we narrowly avoided collision. He then gave me lots of abuse, but if you're going to drive so close to the car in front that nobody can see your lights then it's your fault. I wasn't even trying to push in either, I'd just joined the road from a junction and had no choice but to be in the closed lane.

Had a classic for this thread a few days ago. Was driving out of Nottingham and this dick in a Range Rover blocked off 4 cars so he could have a conversation with a pedestrian, the car behind me beeps and drives past him and I do the same. 10 seconds later the tossed pulls up at traffic lights next to me and shouts "oi, willy puller, you only drive a ford" then drives off. His reg was V00GEE, you sir are a Cnut.

Hahaha I always laugh at people who do that. Like oh you're not driving straight into the parked car? Nice well done.

Also people who indicate when in a right only lane. You're in a right only lane you are going right. We already know pal.

Not havin a go just think it's funny. Same with people who indicate on corners when they aren't actually corners they're just roads that bend. Like yeah obviously you're going right here cos the only other option is to drive into that hedge you idiot.

It's how you are taught to drive. Can understand people not indicating but can't understand having a go at people for doing the correct thing.

It used to be but it certainly shouldn't be anymore, unless the driving instructor isn't up to date with current practices.

Im sorry but i totally disagree. If you are stopped behind a parked car then you should indicate to signal the car behind you that you are pulling off again. About 3 years ago i was driving up Chestnut Road in Glenfield (anybody who knows that road knows its always full of parked cars) and i was waiting for the car to come past me so i could pull out. I indicate then the car in front of me decides to pull out right next to me. There was nothing to tell me that car was pulling out. No lights on and no exhaust fumes. Nothing suggested that car was even on. It looked like another parked car along the road.

I fvcking hate people who dont indicate properly.

Now if you're moving and go to overtake a parked car then your indication is sending a clear message to other drivers and more importantly pedestrians that you are carrying on.

If you were to hit someone you would be liable as you didnt tell them that you were performing a manoeuvre which as silly as it sounds its still a manoeuvre to go onto the other side of the road to overtake a parked car.

If people think its stupid to indicate then im sorry but you are a fvcking div.

• Like 1