Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

I was also taught (in Belgium) to indicate when manoeuvring around an idling vehicle if doing so would take you into another lane.

But then I was also taught not to go past a green light if there's no clear route out of the junction and you may end up blocking traffic when the lights change and no other cvnt seemed to be doing that today.  Wankers.

The car transporter lorry that always seems to park up when I'm driving down abbey lane to deliver cars to that car showroom, means everyone has to overtake just adding to the already busy traffic going into leicester. If you're going to build a car showroom makes sure there's enough room for a lorry to deliver without blocking the road

One of those wannabe gangsters clearly on the phone and the passenger, who must have only been about 5 or 6, if that, not wearing a seatbelt and not in a booster seat or anything. It's actually quite frustrating knowing you can't do anything at that moment in time. 

The car transporter lorry that always seems to park up when I'm driving down abbey lane to deliver cars to that car showroom, means everyone has to overtake just adding to the already busy traffic going into leicester. If you're going to build a car showroom makes sure there's enough room for a lorry to deliver without blocking the road

Could they not drop them off at 6am so as to not hold up traffic? It's almost every day at rush hour, seems ridiculous. Same for Sandicliffe on Welford Road. With all the dicks in the middle lane (straight ahead only) barging over to the left at the last minute and the car transporter taking up the leftmost lane, it's only a matter of time until there's a major incident there

I'm a new driver at the grand old age of 35, I think the Soar Valley Way, Lutterworth Road junction is going to give me a brain aneurysm. The amount of utter utter cockends (Usually Asian, usually driving an Aldi, BMW or Golf) that shoot up the left hand lane on Soar Valley Way, knowing very well that it's just for left turns only, and then proceed to just swerve into the middle lane to go straight on when they get to the junction.

I'm going to take one for the team soon and just ram the feckers as they cut me up.

Much much worse since they built the ridiculous bus lane on Lutterworth Road.

• Like 1

20150519_084955.jpg

This is on my way to work. If I hit a bit of traffic I end up driving past here as the barriers come down. The train is only on the road for about 5 seconds but the barriers stay down for 5 minutes, making me late for work. So enfuriating.

20150519_084955.jpg

This is on my way to work. If I hit a bit of traffic I end up driving past here as the barriers come down. The train is only on the road for about 5 seconds but the barriers stay down for 5 minutes, making me late for work. So enfuriating.

Leave 5 minutes earlier then :thumbup:

Traffic lights that go red for NO REASON.

You get stopped, then sit there whilst the other lights go green despite their being no cars there waiting.

This is especially annoying at late nights when there are no cars anywhere to be seen and you still get stopped.

• Like 2

Traffic lights in Leicester per se....

How many?!!

When I was at Uni in Leicester my flatmate rang me in hysterics saying she'd had an accident and could I go and get her. She was in such a state the only thing she could tell me was that she was near some traffic lights! Didn't help to narrow down her location, tbh! >_<:doh: 

• Like 1

Every road near me seems to have been resurfaced with those stone chips .20MPH( advisory) difficult one don't want the car chipped due to hooning about but get impatient .Take great delight in saying on many occasions ( to myself,I spend a lot of time in the car) when I see the sign " skid Risk" "" The only skid risk is going to be in the pants of the drivers I overtake"

Edited by cambridgefox
  • Like 1

This isn't actually a complaint for once, but since there's no "what on the roads has made your day" thread (and tbh those moments are so scarce it hardly seems worth making one), I'll put it in here:

I've found a great mini detour to take when I get stuck behind buses on a particular stretch of road, where the bus has to deal with a couple of speed bumps and a bus-stop on a road with little chance for overtaking.  Rejoining the road in front of the bus, and seeing it dwindle into the distance along with the car that was tailgating you for not tailgating the bus, is a marvellous feeling.

Edited by Carl the Llama

Waiting 10 minutes at a set of temporary traffic lights on a blind bend then realising they were broken, decided to tentatively go anyway.....

The policeman driving the police vehicle who had the same idea coming from the other direction who wasn't sure either if the lights were broken saw the funny side, fortunately.

Waiting 10 minutes at a set of temporary traffic lights on a blind bend then realising they were broken, decided to tentatively go anyway.....

The policeman driving the police vehicle who had the same idea coming from the other direction who wasn't sure either if the lights were broken saw the funny side, fortunately.

Yeah I had a similar thing the other week, right by my house. I never did find out why they coned off such a large area either, no obvious signs of work. :/

i really hate it when you're at the boss point in a great song and going dead fast round corners like a scouser an the phone you're playing the music off starts ringing and just kills your rhythm an your flow 

anyone else hate that? 

also speed bumps, i often say the key to speed bumps is in the name, speed. but that is often not the case. 

also people who actually go 20mph in 20mph zones need to re-evaluate their lives i mean come on it's 20 for a reason and that reason is so you go 30 you ugly bitch in yer nissan micra put your foot down 

also speed bumps, i often say the key to speed bumps is in the name, speed. but that is often not the case. 

also people who actually go 20mph in 20mph zones need to re-evaluate their lives i mean come on it's 20 for a reason and that reason is so you go 30 you ugly bitch in yer nissan micra put your foot down 

The numpties who drive over those speed cushions as if they think it's some kind of IED and will blow them up if they cause any measurable inpact.

Also those who swerve so that they go over them with two wheels hitting the bump instead of lining the car up so the thing goes between the wheels. it's quite comical to see from behind, their heads wobbling from side to side almost hitting the door pillar.

Edited by Parafox

When you're on a slip road, joining a motorway/bypass and there's some dickwad in the first lane who doesn't budge over in to the outside lane. Meaning you have to make more of a decision to slow down or speed up whilst not knowing if the car in front of you will then pull over in to the next lane (who has no obligation to) or if the guy already on the motorway/bypass is gonna do it either. 

• Like 1

That and the similar problem of having to follow a slow vehicle, (typically those 8-wheeler quarry lorries) onto a motorway. If there's any degree of heavy traffic about, you invariably get stuck behind the bloody thing and have to wait for it to pick up a decent speed before you can think of trying to manouvre round it!

yep. the temptation is there to overtake on the slip road but I don't think that is allowed lol