Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

I drove Glasgow to Perth and back on Thursday and Friday.

Plenty of snow about. Some snow lying on the outside lane, where it had frozen solid.

Several dycheheads driving like it was a July afternoon, swerving in and out, tailgating, using their brakes a lot etc.

As always, most of the fvckwittery coming from drivers of German made cars....

Plenty of snow about. Some snow lying on the outside lane, where it had frozen solid.

Several dycheheads driving like it was a July afternoon, swerving in and out, tailgating, using their brakes a lot etc.

Strewth mate, thats a long drive.

Same over in East Lothian. Ice on the roads, still trying to overtake on blind corners when I'm already doing the limit. Seen some massively dangerous moves in the last month or so.

I am constantly annoyed by Leicester's roads.

All the bloody speed bumps, all the traffic lights, the ridiculous bus lane on Lutterworth Road, the amount of traffic, the speed cameras.

They all a source of incredible annoyance to a bloke who spends part of his day traveling between bases.

Are all inner city road systems this bad?

It's one reason why I'd like to finish up in a place like Norfolk actually. Apart from Norwich, you simply get in your car and drive.

Utter bliss......

I am constantly annoyed by Leicester's roads.

All the bloody speed bumps, all the traffic lights, the ridiculous bus lane on Lutterworth Road, the amount of traffic, the speed cameras.

They all a source of incredible annoyance to a bloke who spends part of his day traveling between bases.

Are all inner city road systems this bad?

It's one reason why I'd like to finish up in a place like Norfolk actually. Apart from Norwich, you simply get in your car and drive.

Utter bliss......

Jill, what do you think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich town centre? I’ll be honest I’m dead against it. People forget that traders need access to DiiIIIIXons... They do say it’ll help people in wheEEEeelchairs…

• Like 4

Not so much annoyed as incredulous at how people are still insisting on turning left out of East Street by the 'super crossing' near the station, even though the road markings, layout and signage (now bolstered by a big portable light up thing saying 'all traffic turn right' or words to that effect, scream that you can't do that.

It wouldn't matter so much but if you do left out of there when the lights are green, you instantly find yourself in the middle of the 'super crossing' where pedestrians are merrily ambling across the road because the green man tells them it's safe to do so.  Some drivers realise their mistake, and stop, before sheepishly moving forward when everyone's crossed, whereas more seem to think 'what are these cretins doing in the road' and just driving through them.  I'm genuinely surprised that no-one's been badly hurt yet.

I was stood by the lights chatting to my mate about it today, and lo and behold some bellend does just what I'm talking about, and actually mounts the pavement to do it.  Needless to say, he wasn't stopping for anyone.

There's nowt so queer as folk

• 4 weeks later...

I'm driving home doing 50 in a 50 zone and there's a cop car way behind me but catching up really quickly so I think I must be going too slow and speed up a bit to around 60 as I'm still pretty sure this is a 50 zone but the policeman's driving like it's a 70. I'm coming to my junction anyway and as I'm turning off I happen to spot an old man tumble headfirst off his bike on the pavement so I do a 360 and pull over to see if he's alright.  As I pull up I notice the cop's pulled up behind me which I thought was nice of him until he flashed his lights and sirened me.  Instead of coming to help the old man, the cheeky bastard wants to try and do me for speeding on that 200-metre at most stretch where he was barrelling towards me, as well as driving without a seatbelt.  So while this poor old man slowly pulls himself out of the dirt and eventually cycles off, I spend 5 minutes searching my cluttered glovebox for documents and explaining to the policeman that taking my seatbelt off because I plan on getting out of my car doesn't constitute a criminal act and trying to convince him I was going 55 at most.  He didn't say he was fining me so hopefully it's alright, I'll seriously consider challenging it if I get a letter through my door.

I'm driving home doing 50 in a 50 zone and there's a cop car way behind me but catching up really quickly so I think I must be going too slow and speed up a bit to around 60 as I'm still pretty sure this is a 50 zone but the policeman's driving like it's a 70. I'm coming to my junction anyway and as I'm turning off I happen to spot an old man tumble headfirst off his bike on the pavement so I do a 360 and pull over to see if he's alright. As I pull up I notice the cop's pulled up behind me which I thought was nice of him until he flashed his lights and sirened me. Instead of coming to help the old man, the cheeky bastard wants to try and do me for speeding on that 200-metre at most stretch where he was barrelling towards me, as well as driving without a seatbelt. So while this poor old man slowly pulls himself out of the dirt and eventually cycles off, I spend 5 minutes searching my cluttered glovebox for documents and explaining to the policeman that taking my seatbelt off because I plan on getting out of my car doesn't constitute a criminal act and trying to convince him I was going 55 at most. He didn't say he was fining me so hopefully it's alright, I'll seriously consider challenging it if I get a letter through my door.

-ing criminal.

I'm driving home doing 50 in a 50 zone and there's a cop car way behind me but catching up really quickly so I think I must be going too slow and speed up a bit to around 60 as I'm still pretty sure this is a 50 zone but the policeman's driving like it's a 70. I'm coming to my junction anyway and as I'm turning off I happen to spot an old man tumble headfirst off his bike on the pavement so I do a 360 and pull over to see if he's alright.  As I pull up I notice the cop's pulled up behind me which I thought was nice of him until he flashed his lights and sirened me.  Instead of coming to help the old man, the cheeky bastard wants to try and do me for speeding on that 200-metre at most stretch where he was barrelling towards me, as well as driving without a seatbelt.  So while this poor old man slowly pulls himself out of the dirt and eventually cycles off, I spend 5 minutes searching my cluttered glovebox for documents and explaining to the policeman that taking my seatbelt off because I plan on getting out of my car doesn't constitute a criminal act and trying to convince him I was going 55 at most.  He didn't say he was fining me so hopefully it's alright, I'll seriously consider challenging it if I get a letter through my door.

Surely if you did a 360, you'd be facing the same way you were already going? 

Surely if you did a 360, you'd be facing the same way you were already going? 

Yeah, there's a little island dividing one of the roads in the T-junction so I had to manouevre around to get to the nearest spot to safely pull over. I suppose technically it was a 270 but whatevs.

If you're doing 50 in a 50 zone why would you think you're going too slow?

If a copper wants to do 70 in that zone, let him. If he needs to overtake you, then he'll do so?

Like I said, the speed he was going confused me.  He'd have had his lights on (and wouldn't have taken the time to chat to me) if he was en route to a scene, since he didn't I figured that as an authority figure he was driving the correct speed for the road. Call me naive if you like.

Like I said, the speed he was going confused me.  He'd have had his lights on (and wouldn't have taken the time to chat to me) if he was en route to a scene, since he didn't I figured that as an authority figure he was driving the correct speed for the road. Call me naive if you like.

Maybe he thought you were speeding so he sped up to catch up with the vehicle in front (you) and when he was there, well, you were speeding which justified his suspicions therefore pulling you over?

Maybe he thought you were speeding so he sped up to catch up with the vehicle in front (you) and when he was there, well, you were speeding which justified his suspicions therefore pulling you over?

That's just it - I asked him to be specific about where I was speeding and he clearly indicated the small zone where I had actually gone above the limit after he'd been bearing down on me, so he didn't think I was speeding beforehand.

That's just it - I asked him to be specific about where I was speeding and he clearly indicated the small zone where I had actually gone above the limit after he'd been bearing down on me, so he didn't think I was speeding beforehand.

Or didn't have the evidence beforehand? Beforehand he had suspicion, but when he caught up with you he confirmed and knew you were speeding?

I don't know how they'd work just a thought :dunno:

Or didn't have the evidence beforehand? Beforehand he had suspicion, but when he caught up with you he confirmed and knew you were speeding?

I don't know how they'd work just a thought :dunno:

Maybe.  I still think it's a bit dodge, fingers crossed nothing more comes of it.