Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Fighting-Over-a-Parking-Spot-Can-Only-Le

annoying or genius?

I saw the video of that and the guy in the little white car nicked her space. She's a lady and had obviously been trying to get in that gap for a while, and he just rolled into her spot as if he owned the place.

I was on the A38 recently somewhere near Sutton in Ashfield and got stuck behind some twat going dangerously slow. I had an OAP in the car and we had lorries catching us up rapidly having to brake or move into other lane. I couldn't get into the outside lane because we were about to turn off and it was very busy.

He pulled off in front of us so I burned past him on the off-road staring into his window and he was sitting there like nothing had happened with a spliff in his right hand. I know a hashish joint when I see one, it defo wasn't a roll-up. I was livid because he nearly caused a few accidents so I said sorry about this Nanna, got right in front of him and slowed down doing the willy puller sign in the back seat area. I was thinking if he wants a bag of potatoes round the side of the head he can have one (just been to Sainsbury's).

• 4 weeks later...

People who do u turns at mini roundabouts. I seriously wish they would make it illegal do to them rather than just "recommending" that they aren't done. If the roundabout is empty fair enough, but at a busy mini roundabout it's an accident waiting to happen. You do not indicate to come off a mini roundabout like you do a large one. So a right indication means you're going to turn bloody right not go all the way round. :mad:

• Like 1

People who do u turns at mini roundabouts. I seriously wish they would make it illegal do to them rather than just "recommending" that they aren't done. If the roundabout is empty fair enough, but at a busy mini roundabout it's an accident waiting to happen. You do not indicate to come off a mini roundabout like you do a large one. So a right indication means you're going to turn bloody right not go all the way round. :mad:

Amen to this. There's always some idiot that goes so slow that it just makes me paranoid that they do exactly that!

Should definetely be illegal.

I had a driving instructor do this in front of me when I was taking my bike test practical, I thought I'd failed the test because I started to move onto the roundabout and had to brake sharply, tester was fine with my reactions and had a right go at the instructor when we got back to the test station.

even worse when they want to go back the way they came and cant even make it around the mini roundabout so end up doing a 3 point turn whilst on the roundabout :blink:

I had a driving instructor do this in front of me when I was taking my bike test practical, I thought I'd failed the test because I started to move onto the roundabout and had to brake sharply, tester was fine with my reactions and had a right go at the instructor when we got back to the test station.

If there is an accident, who exactly would be at fault? Seems a grey area.

I nearly posted a link yesterday to a story but thought better of it after thinking about it. A woman was fined £100 for eating a banana in a  traffic jam. It made the papers. Face value it looks tough on her but I then thought was it the eating or not paying attention to the road and other drivers? Did she have hands on the wheel or just the banana?

Silly woman.

This is a new one, indicating that you have to turn your car to join a roundabout: I was coming up to one earlier and the car approaching from the exit before was already indicating right, ie. to any sane road-user they're going to join the road I'm leaving, so it's safe to enter the roundabout.  Had to slam the brakes on when they didn't exit, nearly driving straight into the side of them.  Ludicrous behaviour.

This is a new one, indicating that you have to turn your car to join a roundabout: I was coming up to one earlier and the car approaching from the exit before was already indicating right, ie. to any sane road-user they're going to join the road I'm leaving, so it's safe to enter the roundabout. Had to slam the brakes on when they didn't exit, nearly driving straight into the side of them. Ludicrous behaviour.

Tbf indicators are only an indication, you shouldn't move out until they have committed to their manoeuvre.

Because they're an indication that the car will be turning, people can make mistakes and leave them on by accident though.

I saw them turn on the indicator as they approached the roundabout.  I'm struggling to understand that anyone would object to the suggestion that it's a slightly cretinous thing to do if you don't intend to take the 1st exit.  Please tell me neither of you do this because it's terrible driving.  Fortunately like most people I'm capable of spotting when a car isn't actually turning and reacting accordingly, I still would rather the other road users know how to do so properly.