Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Pearson out?

If we went down I would want him to stay, it's all new to him too

If we go down, or if it looks more likely than not that we're going down, then he'll most probably face the fate of other Premier League managers who come up and look out of their depth. See Adkins, McDermott, Holloway, Warnock, Mackay, McCarthy. And there are few examples of managers who have been allowed to continue in charge after relegation and who go on to enjoy subsequent success.

Our board will be aware of this. And their ambitions should and will go somewhere beyond us being a perpetually top-six Championship side with a manager who isn't good enough for the PL.

And it isn't new for him. He played at this level for most of his career and was a senior coach at a PL club just seven years ago. It's no more new for him than it was for Lambert, Rodgers, Pulis - or O'Neill - or any other manager who has come up and proven a success. Or even Monk, Pochettino, Irvine or Poyet. And if we look like going down, then the club would be insane to let us be relegated on the grounds that the manager doesn't have any experience at this level, and will probably be a bit better next time around.

The point is that he most probably IS good enough. But it's equally reasonable for members of a football forum, when their club is one place above the relegation zone in November, to wonder what will happen if he proves not to be good enough over the coming weeks and months. If he is, then thank God, but if he's not then he'll be gone. Whether that proves to be a sensible decision or not I don't know, but the last time I looked we didn't have Karl Oysten in charge, so that's what we should expect.

And this demented notion that we shouldn't discuss the possibility is nonsensical. If we applied the same logic to our players, and whether or not they should be dropped or sold (and if loyalty is the issue here, then we SHOULD apply the same logic to our players), then we wouldn't have a forum. So please, keep arguing that Pearson should be in charge, because he should, but stop trying to tell people not to discuss what would happen if he proved not to be up to the job.

At the end of the day the only possible reason we should consider a change is if they sound out Jurgen Klopp on the sly and it turns out he fancies it, if not Pearson should get until at least Xmas 2015. Klopp of course will not fancy it, so NP in.

FACT.

At the end of the day the only possible reason we should consider a change is if they sound out Jurgen Klopp on the sly and it turns out he fancies it, if not Pearson should get until at least Xmas 2015. Klopp of course will not fancy it, so NP in.

FACT.

To even think we are a team that klopp would come to shows just how deluded some comments are,like we're one of European finest going through a bad spell which requires change,

We are a newly promoted team,still learning,

Pearson is learning game by game,

Seems that we win as a team,we lose and it's Pearson fault,god help him if we lose today with the majority on here?

To even think we are a team that klopp would come to shows just how deluded some comments are,like we're one of European finest going through a bad spell which requires change,

Did you actually read his post?

The entire point?

Completely agree with foxile, ealingfox was basically saying we aren't going to get someone like Klopp, and I guess, realistically if Pearson goes, who are we going to get that won't be just as much a gamble as keeping Pearson would be. We aren't going to get a top drawer manager, and even if we do, it could be another Sven. Usually with City we get a successful lower tier manager and we have to gamble on 5 before we get one that gets us promoted. They then get sacked or poached and the cycle repeats itself. I've supported City since Brian Little (I was around 10 at the time), and this is the cycle that we live with as foxes fans. Hopefully the Thai's can break this cycle, but sacking Pearson and replacing him with a medicore manager isn't the way forward anymore surely?

Its time for Pearson to go. He's taken us as far as he can.

A few games lost in a row and now it's time to go? Give him more of a chance. 

Who would you replace him with that's guaranteed to improve performances 1) straight away and 2) for the rest of the season?

The only thing is, the earlier you do it the more chance the next guy has. People forget Pulis had a lot of last season and only secured safety with a good run near the end of the season. Ditto Poyet.

I don't want Pearson sacked but if we got Moyesy in and gave him some cash I'm pretty confident he would keep us up.

If we go down, or if it looks more likely than not that we're going down, then he'll most probably face the fate of other Premier League managers who come up and look out of their depth. See Adkins, McDermott, Holloway, Warnock, Mackay, McCarthy. And there are few examples of managers who have been allowed to continue in charge after relegation and who go on to enjoy subsequent success.

Our board will be aware of this. And their ambitions should and will go somewhere beyond us being a perpetually top-six Championship side with a manager who isn't good enough for the PL.

And it isn't new for him. He played at this level for most of his career and was a senior coach at a PL club just seven years ago. It's no more new for him than it was for Lambert, Rodgers, Pulis - or O'Neill - or any other manager who has come up and proven a success. Or even Monk, Pochettino, Irvine or Poyet. And if we look like going down, then the club would be insane to let us be relegated on the grounds that the manager doesn't have any experience at this level, and will probably be a bit better next time around.

The point is that he most probably IS good enough. But it's equally reasonable for members of a football forum, when their club is one place above the relegation zone in November, to wonder what will happen if he proves not to be good enough over the coming weeks and months. If he is, then thank God, but if he's not then he'll be gone. Whether that proves to be a sensible decision or not I don't know, but the last time I looked we didn't have Karl Oysten in charge, so that's what we should expect.

And this demented notion that we shouldn't discuss the possibility is nonsensical. If we applied the same logic to our players, and whether or not they should be dropped or sold (and if loyalty is the issue here, then we SHOULD apply the same logic to our players), then we wouldn't have a forum. So please, keep arguing that Pearson should be in charge, because he should, but stop trying to tell people not to discuss what would happen if he proved not to be up to the job.

I haven't told anybody not to say anything, I just gave my opinion

He has 3 games, Soton understandably we will struggle but the real acid test is the following 2 matches, inept displays against QPR and sunderland and he will be gone i feel. Gives whoever is coming in December to assess before january transfer window.

I said he'd be lucky to last ten games in the Prem in one if the last posts I was allowed to make last year - I admit I was wrong, he made it to ten but it ain't looking good he failed to buy any quality in the close season (possible excepting Cambiasso) and you have to wonder that even if he did buy quality whether he would have the nouse to play it.......still we looked a bit better today to me so maybe he can turn it around.

Never been one of the Pearson out crew but after the last 5 performances im starting to think they are right. He changes the team each week. He starts Nugent every week !

We need to stick to a formation and team !

2 more loses and I think it's time for a change . Mr Moyes is free still and used to making teams over perform.

With Tony Pulis lurking around which owner will press the panic button first?

Not saying Pearson should go,gar from it, but the owners mindset will be thinking about the TV money etc not last season.

Pearson I think will be given time and the January transfer window to strengthen areas we look weak.

However, if we lose poorly to Sunderland and QPR big decisions will be made, fair or not, too much money at stake.

That said we could win next week at Southampton and all will be right with rhe world again!

Archived