Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Pearson out?

No ****ing awful post. 

3 maybe 4 average/bad games, and this is a genuine suggestion?

I'd like to ask people if we'd had those 3/4 bad games at the start of the season and we'd just taken a draw from Everton, Arsenal and beaten Stoke and Man United. Would people still be talking like this? No, of course they wouldn't. Football fans are outrageously fickle these days, some of you lot are worse than the Leeds chairman.

You're very blinkered aren't you; a real "you must not criticize Pearson" plank? Try to open your eyes and your mind, or is that too much to ask. It probably is.

This whole thread is a storm in a tea cup. By answering the minority who are questioning if Pearson should be sacked all you are doing is giving the subject attention.

It's a non starter - this is well and truly his team which is built around team spirit, work ethic and respect. To change anything significant at this stage would have a hugely negative effect and condemn us to relegation.

Exactly this. Why is everyone after a quick fix all of the time?

This whole thread is a storm in a tea cup. By answering the minority who are questioning if Pearson should be sacked all you are doing is giving the subject attention.

It's a non starter - this is well and truly his team which is built around team spirit, work ethic and respect. To change anything significant at this stage would have a hugely negative effect and condemn us to relegation.

Who has actually said we should get rid of him now?

Your last paragraph is utter bilge, imo.

Just for the record, I think we should keep him until the end of the season at least, but fairs fair; there is plenty to criticise him for over the past few games. Don't just blame the players; he picks them. He is paid to "manage", but like the players he is getting it wrong.

No ****ing awful post.

3 maybe 4 average/bad games, and this is a genuine suggestion?

I'd like to ask people if we'd had those 3/4 bad games at the start of the season and we'd just taken a draw from Everton, Arsenal and beaten Stoke and Man United. Would people still be talking like this? No, of course they wouldn't. Football fans are outrageously fickle these days, some of you lot are worse than the Leeds chairman.

People are talking like this because we are in a 4 game winless run against the weaker sides in the league and 1 point off relegation.

Oh and we have scored 1 goal away from home and conceded a lot of goals.

And finally we don't even look like winning. Swansea hadn't won for 5 games and best us in second gear. Newcastle registered there first win against us, and Burnley at the time tripled there total goals scored at the king power.

All is not well with leicester at the minute. Just admit it. And if it continues that way, he will be under pressure. Chairmans are sitting on millions and rarely does any manager last the whole season to be relegated, there is a reason. They aren't all just dumb.

You're very blinkered aren't you; a real "you must not criticize Pearson" plank? Try to open your eyes and your mind, or is that too much to ask. It probably is.

You can criticise Pearson. I think even biggest fans of his would admit he's got things wrong last couple of games. But surely you can see that calling for his head after said games is a bit far-fetched, no? 

You can criticise Pearson. I think even biggest fans of his would admit he's got things wrong last couple of games. But surely you can see that calling for his head after said games is a bit far-fetched, no?

It's early, but it wouldn't be after another 3-4 games without a win and It won't, I assure you. Now if we looked like we knew what we were doing that would sound ridiculous, but not many would put money against leicester not winning any of them games.

It's early, but it wouldn't be after another 3-4 games without a win and It won't, I assure you. Now if we looked like we knew what we were doing that wouldn't sound ridiculous, but not many would put money against leicester not winning any of them games.

So your solution is to sack the manager and effectively start all over again? 

People are talking like this because we are in a 4 game winless run against the weaker sides in the league and 1 point off relegation.

Clearly we're not 1 point off relegation. We have 29 games left. Should we sneak into the relegation zone we aren't suddenly going to get relegated. We're 1 point off being in the bottom 3. We're also 2 points off 10th. A bit of perspective? I'd agree we haven't looked great and that is concerning. We've got time though. Just as people were getting carried away after United, people are getting carried away in a negative sense. If it's the same after the next four games it could be a big worry.

This is concerning, I agree.

And finally we don't even look like winning. Swansea hadn't won for 5 games and best us in second gear. Newcastle registered there first win against us, and Burnley at the time tripled there total goals scored at the king power.

All is not well with leicester at the minute. Just admit it. And if it continues that way, he will be under pressure. Chairmans are sitting on millions and rarely does any manager last the whole season to be relegated, there is a reason. They aren't all just dumb.

A bit over the top, is it not? We're out of form but to say all is not well suggests there's something a lot deeper and more serious going on. Realistically there probably isn't. As fans we can only speculate really (which many love to do!!). In my opinion it's only a loss of form and a loss of some confidence.

I actually think we will win on Saturday and finally put in a performance. Maybe I'm seen as a deluded over-optimistic fan though?

If we reached that point, then it's certainly possible to bring in a fresh approach. And advantageous to do it before transfer window.

The key thing is, you're saying this point is now. There would be no sense in sacking him now. Does the start of the season not count for anything for you? It wasn't luck that we drew with Everton, Arsenal, beat Stoke and Utd. Something went right for us and Pearson has to take credit for that (and for getting us in a position to do so).

Obviously it is possible to bring in a fresh approach. Is it realistic though? Is it worthwhile? There's no guarantee a fresh approach will work. It's not like the players have got sick of Pearson and he's lost the dressing room. Teams are allowed a blip you know. 

Does it make you feel better that Arsenal have only won 3 games this season? It'd be totally nonsensical to sack Pearson right now on the basis of a few games. 

Well done you bloody weak kneed heroes..

Again idiots who have no idea, what football management is about.

Dont put your negative lives into the same ballpark with Nigel Pearson.

This thread puts this forum to shame.

Free speach needs not necessary intellectuals, lets face we football forum posters, are all a slice of bread short of a loaf, but common sense of some kind, must be a prerequisit.

Sack, sack, fire look at all the middle of the road clubs, who hire and fire, they are failures.

None of you negative posters have achieved anything, certainly not the right to judge a football manager who created successof over 2yrs, and is only 9 games into one of the hardest compagnes he has faced so far.

Social media, doesnt half help, in showing what dozzos, we have to share our stadiums with.

Many seem to think, they themselves would have no problem in buying and enticing top players for little money, and wages.

All I ask, go back to pre season where many fans were pleading, even to the neanderthals, to give the squad, and manager, a chance, time and patience. Godhelp some fans wives, girlfriends, even mates, if you judge and criticise your daily happenings in the same manner.

Did people expect us to find PL football easy and carry on last season form throughout this campaign?

We was bound to hit bad form sooner or later. The quality and step up from Championship football to Premier League football is massive.

Getting rid of Pearson is not the answer, it's still early doors.

This season is going to be long and hard. Get used to it.

Well done you bloody weak kneed heroes..

Again idiots who have no idea, what football management is about.

Dont put your negative lives into the same ballpark with Nigel Pearson.

This thread puts this forum to shame.

Free speach needs not necessary intellectuals, lets face we football forum posters, are all a slice of bread short of a loaf, but common sense of some kind, must be a prerequisit.

Sack, sack, fire look at all the middle of the road clubs, who hire and fire, they are failures.

None of you negative posters have achieved anything, certainly not the right to judge a football manager who created successof over 2yrs, and is only 9 games into one of the hardest compagnes he has faced so far.

Social media, doesnt half help, in showing what dozzos, we have to share our stadiums with.

Many seem to think, they themselves would have no problem in buying and enticing top players for little money, and wages.

All I ask, go back to pre season where many fans were pleading, even to the neanderthals, to give the squad, and manager, a chance, time and patience. Godhelp some fans wives, girlfriends, even mates, if you judge and criticise your daily happenings in the same manner.

Do you really like Nigel Pearson by any chance, little bit emotional there, don't think you know people enough to judge their lives, ok rant but it's football, these people put themselves in the firing line, and people come on here to express how they feel about the way things are going, good or bad.

But football has nothing to do with people's lives, so I think a lot of your post is over the top, as the majority are expressing concerns about the performances, and not calling for his head.

Cool story bro.

I'll be the first to admit that the last few games have been bad, both the team selection and the players, but that isn't my issue.

My issue is, we're in a thread named "Pearson out?" in October. This constant over reaction bollocks that Foxestalk is becoming synonymous with is what I have a problem with. It's also the people who will be booing at half time if we are losing on Saturday that I have a problem with. 

Some people need to get a grip, is really my only point. 

Crazy to talk of sacking him. 4 bad results.

We haven't lost at home yet, we have not been in the relegation zone yet.

We were always going to have bad spells but 3 out of the 4 have been away at places we haven't done well at over many years.

All teams of our stature will have bad runs. In 97/98 under oneill we didnt win in 7 between 29th November until 31st for January.

So let's not panic.

All I know is that we have a capable team and Pearson has managed to get it right. This is a steep learning curve, and he will make mistakes, but he's got to be given an opportunity to learn from them. Better he makes them now than at the end of the season.

Exactly, we have proved we can play in this league, and lesson are being taught, we just need to learn quick, just frustrating when we know how good we can be, but this league is new to most, including Pearson, just hope this is a blip, and nothing long lasting.

Do you really like Nigel Pearson by any chance, little bit emotional there, don't think you know people enough to judge their lives, ok rant but it's football, these people put themselves in the firing line, and people come on here to express how they feel about the way things are going, good or bad.

But football has nothing to do with people's lives, so I think a lot of your post is over the top, as the majority are expressing concerns about the performances, and not calling for his head.

I really did go over the top, no excuse.

Though many do make football their template for their own success in the week.Judge people never, just the contents of a Post and reactions on some posters expectations.Not forgetting forum posters like football proffessionals, put themselves in the so called firing line, by getting themselves involved on social media.Especially being premature on somebodies immediate job prospects.

Everybody deserves a fair chance and time especially if they have earnt it with quality achievements.

People on here would also like to be handled with a fairness and patience, from their bosses and customers, even peers, they

in fact all of us whether a promi, or a normal joe, should be able to expect a certain amount of critical decorum.

I really did go over the top, no excuse.

Though many do make football their template for their own success in the week.Judge people never, just the contents of a Post and reactions on some posters expectations.Not forgetting forum posters like football proffessionals, put themselves in the so called firing line, by getting themselves involved on social media.Especially being premature on somebodies immediate job prospects.

Everybody deserves a fair chance and time especially if they have earnt it with quality achievements.

People on here would also like to be handled with a fairness and patience, from their bosses and customers, even peers, they

in fact all of us whether a promi, or a normal joe, should be able to expect a certain amount of critical decorum.

To be fair mate, from what I have read, it's just frustration being posted, barring 1 or 2 nobody has really mention him going, and I think the op didn't intend it as a Pearson out thread, but more of a is he under pressure thread, just not worded well.

I am one of the original Pearson out brigade from the other season, but even I'm not even considering the idea that he could or should go, and after the start it's a bit pointless discussing it really.

I'm not his biggest fan, but early season I said as long as we are competing, he should get the season, as what he achieved last season he deserves a go at it, result do matter, but for me I expected an indifferent season, but the last few weeks has been hard to watch, and very frustrating, but hopefully we will get back to what we know we can do soon, but if these performances didn't change over the next 10 to 12 games, I would probaly be at the point where he's had his chance.

Let's just hope it's just 4 shit games, Pearson and the boys learn from what's gone wrong and we do enough to stay up.

To be fair mate, from what I have read, it's just frustration being posted, barring 1 or 2 nobody has really mention him going, and I think the op didn't intend it as a Pearson out thread, but more of a is he under pressure thread, just not worded well.

I am one of the original Pearson out brigade from the other season, but even I'm not even considering the idea that he could or should go, and after the start it's a bit pointless discussing it really.

I'm not his biggest fan, but early season I said as long as we are competing, he should get the season, as what he achieved last season he deserves a go at it, result do matter, but for me I expected an indifferent season, but the last few weeks has been hard to watch, and very frustrating, but hopefully we will get back to what we know we can do soon, but if these performances didn't change over the next 10 to 12 games, I would probaly be at the point where he's had his chance.

Let's just hope it's just 4 shit games, Pearson and the boys learn from what's gone wrong and we do enough to stay up.

Fair points, but another thing,your last sentence of 4 bad games, I cant concur,4 bad results, and yes Swansea, bad bad game.

Palace game, just not what some expected, but I thought like Burnley game some good moves, and for who and where we are at present, the 2 games were good to watch.Newcastle good and bad parts in the game, mistakes of any type part and parcel

of the game, but Swansea City just didnt turn up in any department, and the word crap is the only word for explanation.

Again I will mention until the midfield start doing their job consistently, dont expect chance creation, or mistake free defending.

Fair points, but another thing,your last sentence of 4 bad games, I cant concur,4 bad results, and yes Swansea, bad bad game.

Palace game, just not what some expected, but I thought like Burnley game some good moves, and for who and where we are at present, the 2 games were good to watch.Newcastle good and bad parts in the game, mistakes of any type part and parcel

of the game, but Swansea City just didnt turn up in any department, and the word crap is the only word for explanation.

Again I will mention until the midfield start doing their job consistently, dont expect chance creation, or mistake free defending.

Ok not all 4 games have been as bad as Swansea, but in patches the decline has been there to see, I have only missed the Newcastle game, so can only comment on what has been said on here, but from what I can make out it wasn't pretty to watch.

The palace game, we got bullied to he fair, and yes we had chances, but look off the pace, and miss placed a lot of passes.

The burnley game, flashes of what we could do, but again didn't seem quite on it, and drew due to not kiliing the game off, and naive defending.

Then the Swansea game, well we all know how bad that was.

Your right the midfield are to slow at creating, and picking the right pass and supporting the front players, but I don't know why we have changed our set up.

I don't know if Pearson is setting up to get a draw away, don't know if he's trying to be to clever tactically, or he's trying to keep certain players happy.

What is clear, the formation and tactics have not worked, and for me the players didn't look confident, threatening, or comfortable with the way we have set up.

I hope Nigel goes back to playing the system that suits us and has served us well, and let other sides worry about our threats, if we play the system we are comfortable with, I fear none of the teams around us.

Ok not all 4 games have been as bad as Swansea, but in patches the decline has been there to see, I have only missed the Newcastle game, so can only comment on what has been said on here, but from what I can make out it wasn't pretty to watch.

The palace game, we got bullied to he fair, and yes we had chances, but look off the pace, and miss placed a lot of passes.

The burnley game, flashes of what we could do, but again didn't seem quite on it, and drew due to not kiliing the game off, and naive defending.

Then the Swansea game, well we all know how bad that was.

Your right the midfield are to slow at creating, and picking the right pass and supporting the front players, but I don't know why we have changed our set up.

I don't know if Pearson is setting up to get a draw away, don't know if he's trying to be to clever tactically, or he's trying to keep certain players happy.

What is clear, the formation and tactics have not worked,Hz and for me the players didn't look confident, threatening, or comfortable with the way we have set up.

I hope Nigel goes back to playing the system that suits us and has served us well, and let other sides worry about our threats, if we play the system we are comfortable with, I fear none of the teams around us.

I have posted on a couple of occasions, we havent played our backbone of last year, simply because Pearson hasnt had those players available due to injuries.Vardy, James, even DD, have not yet played together.

Whats your take on that, doesnt it explain some things, also new players need time to bed down.Pearson, though not mentioning it, hasnt yet had his full squad ,fit or game fit.On all games including man.utd we havent shown the shape or On the ball discipline over periods of 20 minutes or more.

so playing the system that suits us, the 1st 9 games couldnt chose it if he wanted to, but with players available he is no moaning minny, but so far hes started from scratch, seeing if the picked players can, carry themselves.

Spot on. No loyalty from some on here

I think you'll find I said Pearson should not be fired, nor should we even be thinking about firing him.

But 'loyalty'? Do you seriously think that competent businessmen place personal loyalties over their objectives? Maybe, in some cases, where close family members or friends are involved, they do. But if it looks like Nottingham-born Nigel Pearson is going to get Leicester relegated, and cost Thailand-born Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha - who had never heard of him until a few years ago and didn't renew his last contract until five days before it expired - his dream of a successful top flight Premier League club, then what do you think he's going to do?

And my loyalty, by the way, is to Leicester City, not to its manager. It so happens that I feel my club would be best served by sticking with its manager. If the club decides it's time to make a change - and if this run continues for another month then it will, and trust me, there will be plenty of sharp-witted fellows out who'll assure them that it's the right thing to do - then my loyalty will remain with my club, and not with Nigel Pearson.

Archived