Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Pearson out?

You need to understand your own language. The thread title is a question, not a bloody statement.

3Go back to school you numpty, and stop being so pathetically boring.

If hes a numpty, then I am humpty Dumpty. Even with a question mark, and being a free speach forum, I suppose like me

he is questioning, the idea of just having that thought.!!!!

That said it opened up, the forum to see how fans are thinking.

IMO , NP gets 2-3 seasons , including a relegation, if thats to be, unless we turn out consistent performances like yesterday.

So I think vs west brom

KS

PK

LM

WM

DS

MA

MJ

DD

RM

JV

LU

Away from home even go DS right back and RDL right midfield

That's a decent team and must be close to our best line-up. So long as he gives them time. We're forgetting that Albrighton, as bad as he's been in his little cameos, is good winger. If we can get him to work a little harder; make more runs, get in behind full backs, do his defensive duties etc. he'll be a key player.

He deserves to be given time, however if we fail to muster a decent amount of points off WBA, Sunderland and QPR (Southampton any point is a bonus) and the performances match the last couple, the owners are bound to evaluate, especially if Pulis is still out of work. That said they didn't rush after Watford so they may hold their nerve and see it through, confident this is a blip,after all 3 of these 4 games were away.

So I think vs west brom

KS

PK

LM

WM

DS

MA

MJ

DD

RM

JV

LU

Away from home even go DS right back and RDL right midfield

The only change I would like to see to that is Cambiasso in for either James or Drinkwater.

As for Pearson he does need to be given time but how much time are the owners likely to give him and who at the club was holding the purse strings in the summer when we should have strengthened more than we did. Now don't get me wrong I am not advocating wholesale changes I think we needed at least 2 more quality signings but the amount of players we were allegedly interested in and didn't sign is mind numbing we chased Cambiasso for ages and lost out on James McArthur why, we were supposed to have been interested in Pelle who went to Soton these are the questions that need to be answered.

Why was GTF offered an extended deal was it because Pearson wanted to give the players that took us up a chance at playing in the Premiership if so I hope for the clubs sake it doesn't backfire, anyway I shall be at the WBA game and Southampton and QPR.

Can I make a few predictions.

We'll win a few, we'll lose a few.  We'll lose more than we win.  We'll bob around the bottom 6/8 all season.  We'll slip into the bottom 3.  We'll be outside the bottom 3.  We won't know which division we are playing in until next season until the final game of the season.  We'll lose to an awful side.  We'll get a point or win against "world beaters".

Did folk honestly think that the prem would be a stroll in the park?

The core of the side is good enough but most of the team are still learning.  They are going to make mistakes.

This season is about hanging on.  4th bottom and all that.  Next summer, it will be easier to sign players as an "established" prem club.  No one will be overawed by the "big boys" etc etc etc.

Pearson out ? er no. Anymore than "sack the board".

It will be interesting to know what the owners feel. They have invested heavily to get to the Premiership, I'm not sure that they'll allow free fall into relegation without changes. Having said that i would think that they'll give him a lot more time yet including the new year transfer window.

Do I want him gone, of course not but if he continues with the recent strategies I shall take some convincing that he's up to the job.

I don't think we can blame Pearson for the players deciding they can't pass it to each other. However, I would like him not to play Vardy out wide as he's wasted out there. I would also prefer it if Hammond wasn't so prominent in matchday selections. He is not the midfielder we need to succeed at this level. He was just a stopgap while we had injuries etc... That's just personal opinion though and it wouldn't necessarily get better should those two things happen.

The worrying thing is how clueless we look going forward at times. Teams are far more organised and far less prone to mistakes in this league. This puts the emphasis on us having to break them down. When we play slowly we look hopeless. We have been good during the last couple of years when we look to move the ball quickly and unsettle the opponent. We seem to be doing a lot more pondering on the ball this year and it's costing us because we're just making the wrong decisions at the moment. Hopefully the players will learn soon though. We have plenty of time and I still believe there are 3 worse teams than us in this league. We are probably fortunate in that respect.

If hes a numpty, then I am humpty Dumpty. Even with a question mark, and being a free speach forum, I suppose like me

he is questioning, the idea of just having that thought.!!!!

That said it opened up, the forum to see how fans are thinking.

IMO , NP gets 2-3 seasons , including a relegation, if thats to be, unless we turn out consistent performances like yesterday.

I certainly believe he should have a full season, and if we get relegated, then see what position we are in at Xmas, next year.

He should stay even if we get relegated. Who would you rather have to get us promoted again?

Like I said not even worth discussing yet, but what your saying is, no matter what, or no matter how poor we are, keep Pearson?

Pearson isn't the only manager out there, that would be able to get us promoted, if we did get relegated I would like a manager that could get us promoted and keep us up.

Like I say, not even a discussion worth having yet, he's done good barring the last 4 games, so hopefully he can return us to the early performances, and the results will come, and he will be here next season because he kept us up, and looking at moving us on.

It wasn't the manager that couldn't pass accurately, it wasn't him that passed to team mates already under pressure, or didn't backtrack with their players or mark their assigned man when required , etc, etc. Fundamental mistakes from highly paid professionals who know they should do better but could not raise their game when it was clear to everyone in the ground we were not doing the simple things well enough. They should not need management motivation to do their best. I hope they feel as bad as we do about their inept performance.

I said this in the summer. Stick with him come what may.

Many said today, sod it, attack them.. Pearson put out an attacking formation. We went for it.

And now people criticise him...

Not even Einstein, with his imagination, could conceive of that being an attacking performance.

If we had one shot of any note in the first half I can't remember it. 

Our "attacking" was about as rousing as The Epilogue on days-past tv. 

Yes we might have selected some attacking players. But either they were guys in disguise or they'd forgotten where the target was.

At one stage they were more threat to our own rearguard with the number of players passing backwards.

Someone summed it up when he mentioned tempo - there was none. We drove forward like so many waves rippling gently into the seashore on a calm day. Everything was predictable and one wave looked just like the other while it lasted, which was never very long.     

For too many players, if they'd passed wind as badly as they passed the ball they'd have shit themselves.

If this was the great joy of playing in the Premiership for City's players, I'd wonder if they ever get excited even in the bedroom.

Where was the energy, the selfless runs, the imagination, the determination or the atttitude - right up to the point Swansea took the lead? Our whole demeanour was like so many tired troopers conducting a damage limitation exercise a million miles from the safety of their home barracks.  Even the normally warriorlike Vardy was made to look like he'd been abandoned in some distant field, too far from the action to fire anything that might have been deadly. Attacking wise we'd have been more threat with fairground rifles and cork bullets.

It wasn't the manager that couldn't pass accurately, it wasn't him that passed to team mates already under pressure, or didn't backtrack with their players or mark their assigned man when required , etc, etc. Fundamental mistakes from highly paid professionals who know they should do better but could not raise their game when it was clear to everyone in the ground we were not doing the simple things well enough. They should not need management motivation to do their best. I hope they feel as bad as we do about their inept performance.

See where your coming from, but he assembled this squad, and picks the team and formations, and see's them in training everyday, so should know who can do the job and who is in form.

Yes they let him down, but why have they gone from a good passing side, and turned into a squad with no confidence and committing so many unforced errors.

When we romped the league last season, he took all the plaudits for assembling the side and getting the players winning, can't have it both ways, virtually the same group, so he has to take the criticism when we play poorly, or go on a bad run.

Let's just hope the players get a kick up the arse, and play with the energy and commitment, which the lack of is more concerning, and take the pressure off the bloke.

He deserves to be given time, however if we fail to muster a decent amount of points off WBA, Sunderland and QPR (Southampton any point is a bonus) and the performances match the last couple, the owners are bound to evaluate, especially if Pulis is still out of work. That said they didn't rush after Watford so they may hold their nerve and see it through, confident this is a blip,after all 3 of these 4 games were away.

its different to the watford defeat. we are in the top flight now and if that status is under threat I'm certain he will be sacked.

Why does Mr Pearson alway sit in the stand ?

because he wants a better view of the game,

He's not really the sort of manager to shout instructions from the sidelines but he has a earpiece and mic linked to Kevin philips if he wants to change something

cant say i like it but its his style

what's that saying about the definition of madness? "repeating the same behaviour over and over expecting a different result"  so sacking NP will bring us the success and security we crave?

Well let's hope the owners are slightly less receptive to the siren voices of manager change  than previous incumbents.

that said if NP is quoted in the papers once more saying "we didn't manage the ball properly" I could be persuaded that we can do better

Archived