Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Pearson out?

Don't know, or really care if this was a serious suggestion, but let me tell you, it shouldn't even be seriously discussed until we are getting cut adrift like Burnley.

I wouldn't say that he 'deserves' time, more that he demands it given his record at LCFC, it makes sense as he is a proven winner.

Some managers just fit well with with certain club, like Eddie Howe at Bournemouth or Mou at Chelsea and NP - Leicester is one of those. The man knows our players and has started to implement a legacy here.

Getting rid of him should only be a last ditch resort in desperation, and I have every faith that the owners know this too.

yes lad those are the words i was looking for 'implement a legacy here' NP has a legacy to finish so u nutters wanting his head need to cut the shit right now tbh

For f---s sake look closer at the thread title. cityfanlee only asked the question. Can't you bloody well understand English?

I think that, on a forum, it's a reasonable hypothetical discussion - 'at what point would a club decide it has to change managers, even if its manager has been very successful?' I don't understand how, on a forum, people could be so alarmed by people saying 'look, I don't want to change manager, and I doubt the board does either, but at what point could that change?' And that point in time could only be a three or few weeks away in a worst case scenario. It's no different to O'Neill repeatedly reminding us that 'all managers are just six games away from the sack'.

On the topic of O'Neill, I remember March 1996, and standing in the Kop arguing with a couple of big scary guys from Barwell that they were crazy for calling for O'Neill to go. But even at O'Neill's very pinnacle, it would still have been reasonable to ask a similar question - 'what would cause us to want to get rid of him?' After all, we're not club employees, and a forum wouldn't work if we didn't have free and open discussions. And, unless you're ITK, all of those discussions are going to be largely hypothetical.

But if the discussion descends each and every time into 'you shouldn't be having this discussion because you're betraying a lack of faith' then it will make for a pretty dull forum.

As it happens this discussion will turn out to be very relevant, and not at all hypothetical, if November goes the same way as October. And that's just a sorry fact. The truth is that his job is no longer to win promotion, but to keep us up. I believe he will, and we may just have to be patient for a week or two before this run comes to an end. But if it doesn't, like it or not, they may be tempted to do what most other PL clubs (in recent years, at least) have done in a similar situation.

yes lad those are the words i was looking for 'implement a legacy here' NP has a legacy to finish so u nutters wanting his head need to cut the shit right now tbh

Is anyone calling for him to be sacked?

People are pointing out that at the moment we are 17th, we aren't cut adrift, our run has only gone on for a month and we shouldn't be thinking about it yet. But that, clearly, there would come a point where the club would think about it if the run didn't come to an end in the next month or so.

all joking aside we could finish rock bottom and id rather stick with Pearson. He romped the championship last season and no reason why he wouldnt do it again if the worst happened. Were all on a big learning curve and changing managers may not be the answer. I would like to believe that we as fans will stick by Pearson and get behind the team through thick and thin.

Also ive not actually seen anyone honestly say that they want Pearson out and id be very surprised that any sensible minded fan would wish for that to happen. Its a long season and there are bound to be bad runs but we will fight through them and get back to picking up points starting (hopefully) against West Brom

Is anyone calling for him to be sacked?

People are pointing out that at the moment we are 17th, we aren't cut adrift, our run has only gone on for a month and we shouldn't be thinking about it yet. But that, clearly, there would come a point where the club would think about it if the run didn't come to an end in the next month or so.

if the club thinks about sacking pearson in a month then ill be embarased of you fans that called for his head after all hes done for us we know what he can do tbh i started a thread about this but dont know where its gone now the pearson out brigade is strong here i see 

if the club thinks about sacking pearson in a month then ill be embarased of you fans that called for his head after all hes done for us we know what he can do tbh i started a thread about this but dont know where its gone now the pearson out brigade is strong here i see 

Really??

I think the Pearson in brigade is clearly stronger. Ive not seen 1 post in this thread where someone has categorically said they want Pearson out. The quick glance ive gave this thread tells me that alot of us (me included) would rather he stay on even if we get relegated.

Pearson is managing at a different level this season and, having learned how to be successful in the Championship, he now needs to learn how to cope in The Premiership and they are not the same beast at all. Many Premiership players are, by definition, achievers.

So far Pearson has mainly had to deal with people who either hadn't ever reached the levels he did as a player or, at best, had only achieved a comparable level. His authority is all but assured.

Now he's dealing with modern footballers who have been successful, do know the game and don't much like losing and especially for no good reason.

You can get away with shortcomings in The Championship but, in the Premiership,  the penalties for picking an unbalanced team, getting your tactics wrong, missing your own chances, making individual mistakes or even not delivering decent free-kicks or corners(your easiest chance of scoring) are harsher.

Even in The Championship I mentioned ruthlessness and attention to detail but now it's paramount. Starting with the fact that you have to get and keep the ball as efficiently as you can and you have to get into places where you win free-kicks and give yourself opportunities to score, providing you have strategies in place to deliver those goals.

There is no way we can survive by trying to constantly invite pressure because top quality players have seen all that before and are where they are because they've found ways around it.

Defensively we're not nearly so bad as some make out - but we cannot keep allowing teams to get forward in numbers. We have to stifle at least some of the pressure at source and we have to be aiming to score at least twice every match and that means our set pieces have to be practiced and deadly.

People like Vardy, Schlupp and Mayrez have the pace or trickery to hurt defences and others like King and Ulloa the skill to lay the ball off accurately to help effect that. Surely between them - and one or two optional others - it is not also beyond the imagination of our coaches to contrive something from dead ball situations.  

If not, the pressure will grow on Pearson and, if results keep going badly our options for picking up decent signings in the January transfer window will diminish and questions really will be asked about whether Pearson can manage successfully at Premiership level.

I was quite impressed by our opening few games this season - the Chelsea defeat included - but I've seen nothing to make me convinced that  our close-season signings have greatly improved us - rather than merely padding our squad.

Nor have I been much impressed selection-wise or tactically in recent games and that's not for the first time. Even when we've been doing okay or even winning. I still remember us going out and begging games in Division One or hardly having a shot in certain away games.

I want Pearson to succeed and believe he can. But he still seems to resort to what he mistakenly believes is a safety first philosophy when under pressure instead of really understanding the psychological aspects and evolving tactics and strategies that satisfy our ambitions.  

This aspect of his character even shows in his interviews with the number of times he rephrases a reply. You can see him slowly evaluating the impact of what he's going to say milliseconds beforehand instead of the answers being clear in his mind from the off.

Trouble is, in Premiership football, you often don't have three or four chances to rephrase your football effectively. One goal can have done for you.

I think that, on a forum, it's a reasonable hypothetical discussion - 'at what point would a club decide it has to change managers, even if its manager has been very successful?' I don't understand how, on a forum, people could be so alarmed by people saying 'look, I don't want to change manager, and I doubt the board does either, but at what point could that change?' And that point in time could only be a three or few weeks away in a worst case scenario. It's no different to O'Neill repeatedly reminding us that 'all managers are just six games away from the sack'.

On the topic of O'Neill, I remember March 1996, and standing in the Kop arguing with a couple of big scary guys from Barwell that they were crazy for calling for O'Neill to go. But even at O'Neill's very pinnacle, it would still have been reasonable to ask a similar question - 'what would cause us to want to get rid of him?' After all, we're not club employees, and a forum wouldn't work if we didn't have free and open discussions. And, unless you're ITK, all of those discussions are going to be largely hypothetical.

But if the discussion descends each and every time into 'you shouldn't be having this discussion because you're betraying a lack of faith' then it will make for a pretty dull forum.

As it happens this discussion will turn out to be very relevant, and not at all hypothetical, if November goes the same way as October. And that's just a sorry fact. The truth is that his job is no longer to win promotion, but to keep us up. I believe he will, and we may just have to be patient for a week or two before this run comes to an end. But if it doesn't, like it or not, they may be tempted to do what most other PL clubs (in recent years, at least) have done in a similar situation.

Brilliant post, and sums the situation up perfectly. Well done.  :appl:  :appl:

Really??

I think the Pearson in brigade is clearly stronger. Ive not seen 1 post in this thread where someone has categorically said they want Pearson out. The quick glance ive gave this thread tells me that alot of us (me included) would rather he stay on even if we get relegated.

maybe but i made a thread criticicising those who called for his head nd i cant find it now

maybe but i made a thread criticicising those who called for his head nd i cant find it now

I saw that thread and it was probably removed because you were calling everyone muppets and offering it out for people to meet up with you to talk about it. The moderators arent going to keep that thread open if your being abusive and suggesting to meet up and talk about it which generally means lets fight about it. Whether you wrote it in the view to a fight or not it certainly comes across like that.

Imagine the situation.

Somebody takes you up on that offer to meet up with you and talk about it. A fight starts and one of you gets glassed and killed. Police investigate and find that it was your thread that got the ball rolling.

Foxestalk is shutdown and we never find out a number of things

1. Have the members on tinder all married bots?
  2. Does DennisNedry ever have kids?
  3. Does LeedsFox95 ever reappear?
  4. Is Grandad still blocked from parts of the forum?
  5. Does Lamby ever lose his virginity?

So many questions to be answered. So threads like the one you made are deleted to ensure the safety of FT.

Plus without FT i would actually have to do some work during my working day and we cant be having that can we :thumbup:

Probaly because nobody is calling for his head, some people on here are so desperate to defend him, they are defending him even when nobody is asking for him to be sacked.

This has been a thread about how he's got it wrong over the last few weeks, nothing more, nothing less, the op just asked, how long before he's under pressure, playing as we are.

Even the most hardened Pearson supporters have conceded he's made errors of judgement, and want him to get us playing again.

Pearson is not above criticism, just because people do, doesn't mean they all want him gone.

Pearson is managing at a different level this season and, having learned how to be successful in the Championship, he now needs to learn how to cope in The Premiership and they are not the same beast at all. Many Premiership players are, by definition, achievers.

So far Pearson has mainly had to deal with people who either hadn't ever reached the levels he did as a player or, at best, had only achieved a comparable level. His authority is all but assured.

Now he's dealing with modern footballers who have been successful, do know the game and don't much like losing and especially for no good reason.

Which new modern 'Premiership footballers' is Pearson dealing with that he hasn't before? Only Albrighton and on the world stage, Cambiasso, neither of whom I'd suggest are questioning his authority too much. 

Pearson is not stupid, he knows it is a results based business as do the players.

At some point if things go badly wrong he knows he will get the dreaded vote of confidence from the board so he will do his best not to let things deteriorate, whether he has the players to sustain a campaign in the Premiership outside of the relegation zone is another story.

Pearson is not stupid, he knows it is a results based business as do the players.

At some point if things go badly wrong he knows he will get the dreaded vote of confidence from the board so he will do his best not to let things deteriorate, whether he has the players to sustain a campaign in the Premiership outside of the relegation zone is another story.

Completely. If anybody wanted Pearson out now I'd point to the results and say that right now they have us in a respectable enough position; not only have we not been cut adrift, but we're not even in the relegation zone.

But if we were to be cut adrift, then the board would naturally look at the alternatives. His job now is to sustain our top flight status for an ambitious board who have waited four years to get into this league. If he looks incapable of this undertaking, he'll be moved on. But at the moment it's not so much a case of the jury being out, as there being no case to answer.

As for those who say he should stay even if we go down, there are very few examples of managers keeping their job for a whole PL relegation season and plenty of cases of managers being sacked and clubs successfully staying up. Yes. it works the other way round too, but the norm is not towards boards showing loyalty to struggling bosses. But one strong justification for boards doing what they do lies in what happens when a manager takes a club down. There are very few instances of the same manager returning a club to the top and keeping them there afterwards - look at West Brom, Hull, West Ham, Newcastle, Sunderland, QPR and Burnley - only one of those clubs persisted with the same boss, and it's easily arguable that the damage was done before Redknapp took charge. As to whether he'll keep them up...

When clubs have shown patience upon relegation, it's more often than not gone wrong.

Which new modern 'Premiership footballers' is Pearson dealing with that he hasn't before? Only Albrighton and on the world stage, Cambiasso, neither of whom I'd suggest are questioning his authority too much. 

Pearson has already referred to the influence of Cambiasso but Italian football is so different to Premiership football, partly because it is so much hotter over there but also because they have a much more defensive "what we have we hold" mentality. I wonder if it's any coincidence we've started to be much less threatening or adventurous since his arrival.

Also it you're playing within a team which has provenly accomplished defenders it is more of an option to err on the side of caution but we don't have such players - at least not in terms of Premiership pedigree.

We need to score two goals a game. 

Pearson has already referred to the influence of Cambiasso but Italian football is so different to Premiership football, partly because it is so much hotter over there but also because they have a much more defensive "what we have we hold" mentality. I wonder if it's any coincidence we've started to be much less threatening or adventurous since his arrival.

Also it you're playing within a team which has provenly accomplished defenders it is more of an option to err on the side of caution but we don't have such players - at least not in terms of Premiership pedigree.

We need to score two goals a game. 

mate i dont knnow if ur being serious saying weve been less attacking since cambiasso came where were u for the stoke game where he turned it around i was at britannia stadium shitting myself buying beer at half time cos we were in crouch's hands for 45 mins and cambiasso comes on and changes the game and we win and have u forgotten man u too who was it that set the stadium on fire it was cambiasso

dont know what some muts are watching these days tbh not sure if ur watching the football or a foreign comedy at times poor analysis

forgot to say mate firstly have u been to italy winter is brutal there especialy milan right next to switzerland its not exactly philipines compared to england secondly not all italian teams play like that u clearly take that from bbc generalizations of seria watch roma napoli nd fiorentina play nd tell me again they are defensive teams, juve on the other hand is a defensive team il giv u that

mate i dont knnow if ur being serious saying weve been less attacking since cambiasso came where were u for the stoke game where he turned it around i was at britannia stadium shitting myself buying beer at half time cos we were in crouch's hands for 45 mins and cambiasso comes on and changes the game and we win and have u forgotten man u too who was it that set the stadium on fire it was cambiasso

dont know what some muts are watching these days tbh not sure if ur watching the football or a foreign comedy at times poor analysis

forgot to say mate firstly have u been to italy winter is brutal there especialy milan right next to switzerland its not exactly philipines compared to england secondly not all italian teams play like that u clearly take that from bbc generalizations of seria watch roma napoli nd fiorentina play nd tell me again they are defensive teams, juve on the other hand is a defensive team il giv u that

Are you, foreign by any chance? Your posts are unreadable! 

Probaly because nobody is calling for his head, some people on here are so desperate to defend him, they are defending him even when nobody is asking for him to be sacked.

This has been a thread about how he's got it wrong over the last few weeks, nothing more, nothing less, the op just asked, how long before he's under pressure, playing as we are.

Even the most hardened Pearson supporters have conceded he's made errors of judgement, and want him to get us playing again.

Pearson is not above criticism, just because people do, doesn't mean they all want him gone.

Then why's the thread called 'Pearson out?' not 'Pearson's mistakes?'?

I had this from DT earlier. The way the question was asked definitely led the witness:

If I started a thread called "Should we execute x?" And then said "I don't think we should, but his last four threads have been crap, and I've heard (mysteriously absent) people say he should be chucked off a cliff." then overtly or not I'm suggesting the possibility of executing x. It provokes a debate where none existed, because it's a fvcking stupid non-question.

Just let this thread die!

Then why's the thread called 'Pearson out?' not 'Pearson's mistakes?'?

I had this from DT earlier. The way the question was asked definitely led the witness:

If I started a thread called "Should we execute x?" And then said "I don't think we should, but his last four threads have been crap, and I've heard (mysteriously absent) people say he should be chucked off a cliff." then overtly or not I'm suggesting the possibility of executing x. It provokes a debate where none existed, because it's a fvcking stupid non-question.

Just let this thread die!

As I have previously said to another poster, the op hasn't named the title well, which he has admitted it wasn't an out thread.

I have lost interest in this thread, it's going round in circles, you say let it die, but if people reply to post, it's not going to is it.

I hope to **** we win tommorow, for no other reason than to end this thread, and get some interesting threads again, and maybe some positives ones.

Instead of having to discuss mistakes being made, and people jumping to his defence, like somebody had offended a family member.

Archived