Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Radio Leicester - Stringer

Some of the questions and the way he put it across in the presser yesterday made Jason look like an amateur reporter doing an internship. No wonder NP gets p*ssed off.

Couldn't agree with this more.

The quality of reporting/journalism or whatever you want to call it, is piss poor.

Stringer has done nothing wrong he is a journalist for gods sake. it s his job to ask questions. Never give an interview when you are angry. Nigel Pearson did that tonight. Big mistake we got the same old, "i don't care what people think, if you don't like it don't come etc etc.

Not good and not very professional, yet people still defend him.

Personally, I thought Nigel again came across like a complete bell-end tonight. His apparent arrogance knows no bounds it would seem. He did it once before a season or so ago, during he last terrible run.

This spot on.

Stringer has done nothing wrong he is a journalist for gods sake. it s his job to ask questions. Never give an interview when you are angry. Nigel Pearson did that tonight. Big mistake we got the same old, "i don't care what people think, if you don't like it don't come etc etc.

This spot on.

Oh, but Stringer was hell-bent on getting that reaction out of him. Sadly, he somewhat underestimated the latter's fury.

Too often, Stringer is to a journalist what an emu is to a bird.

This spot on.

Do you object to 'if you don't like it don't come' because it makes too much sense?

Do you object to 'if you don't like it don't come' because it makes too much sense?

Mark W, What sort of question is that?

Fans pay good hard earned money to go to watch Lcfc like many have done so for a lot of years. No matter who or what it is no man is bigger than the club that includes the manager.

i don't know if you listened to the post match interview but Np did not come across at all well? He again resorted to his seemingly arrogant couldn't care less attitude any question that was put to him he appeared to answer churlishly and arrogantly.

Telling fans not to come if they dont like it doesn't endear him to anyone. He needs to remember we fans contribute towards his wages with the revenue we pay in ticket sales and merchandise we buy from the club.

I don't like Stringer. In my opinion he had run out of things to say tonight and decided to push the job security issue. I think he does it in a way which is far more forthright and awkward than is normal on regional radio and Pearson handled that aspect of the interview very well.

Where he struggled was in being asked about his side's weaknesses. And this is what should interest us all far more. Pearson came across as a man who is convinced that his side is doing everything right, and is hostile towards anybody who would say anything to the contrary. A good interviewer would be able to challenge that.

If Stringer were a decent broadcaster then this is what he'd press Pearson on. Which aspects of our play have not improved as much as you'd wish over the course of this run? Which aspects of our play might have led the Spanish commentators to have come to the conclusion that this was the weakest Premier League defence they had ever seen? He doesn't seem to oblige Pearson to speak as a tactician, as an expert, he just seems to draw him into a series of off-the-cuff 'yes' and 'no' answers.

I don't like Stringer. In my opinion he had run out of things to say tonight and decided to push the job security issue. I think he does it in a way which is far more forthright and awkward than is normal on regional radio and Pearson handled that aspect of the interview very well.

Where he struggled was in being asked about his side's weaknesses. And this is what should interest us all far more. Pearson came across as a man who is convinced that his side is doing everything right, and is hostile towards anybody who would say anything to the contrary. A good interviewer would be able to challenge that.

If Stringer were a decent broadcaster then this is what he'd press Pearson on. Which aspects of our play have not improved as much as you'd wish over the course of this run? Which aspects of our play might have led the Spanish commentators to have come to the conclusion that this was the weakest Premier League defence they had ever seen? He doesn't seem to oblige Pearson to speak as a tactician, as an expert, he just seems to draw him into a series of off-the-cuff 'yes' and 'no' answers.

I agree ... I think it's because he's not actually interested in what NP says .... he's just looking for the next story and thing to bitch about .... He's not clever enough to realise his job would be easier if he actually was interested in asking real questions, without being hell-bent on getting his view across in his loaded questions.

Met the guy once or twice, seemed alright to be honest. These last few weeks though, he's been stirring with that massive spoon of his. It's poisonous, he's fuelling this whole negative atmosphere. Some fans can't get to the game, and only have RL to listen to. They must think it's meltdown at the KP. 

Archived