Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Radio Leicester - Stringer

Don't moan then you idiot,my little brain seems far bigger than yours right now

Don't be a ****. For those who want to follow the games and can't afford to go to the matches or live too far away, they rely on the radio commentary to let them know what's going on. They have to put up with stringer if they want to follow the games, but he's still a really shit commentator. Commentary can be hard if things aren't set up right - I've had to commentate on rugby without a proper teamsheet and with my gantry set up so the bench blocked a third of the pitch before, but it's not much to ask for the focus to be on the pitch and not on the commentators ego.

Don't be a ****. For those who want to follow the games and can't afford to go to the matches or live too far away, they rely on the radio commentary to let them know what's going on. They have to put up with stringer if they want to follow the games, but he's still a really shit commentator. Commentary can be hard if things aren't set up right - I've had to commentate on rugby without a proper teamsheet and with my gantry set up so the bench blocked a third of the pitch before, but it's not much to ask for the focus to be on the pitch and not on the commentators ego.

Don't go name calling pal,il have a discussion but don't start insults,by all means listen to radio etc,but the point I'm making is if you don't like what stringer sez after the game then turn it off,that's not stopping you listening to the game

Don't go name calling pal,il have a discussion but don't start insults,by all means listen to radio etc,but the point I'm making is if you don't like what stringer sez after the game then turn it off,that's not stopping you listening to the game

lol You called someone an idiot for saying they wanted to listen to the matches, and then taking this high-ground? It's not just what he says after matches, he's a shit commentator to boot.

You've answered my question brilliantly,

Council tax won't go away its a out up or shut up scenario,

And the same with listening to stringer,

You've demonstrated you have a brain,you just need it to function better on here

What question? You're right council tax wont go away, but Ian Stringer might do one day, hopefully.

What question? You're right council tax wont go away, but Ian Stringer might do one day, hopefully.

the only way stringer will go anywhere (or even tone down his insidious agenda towards NP) is if people get motivated and contact the heads of BBC Leicester directly and let them know what they think.

BBC Radio Leicester

9 St Nicholas Place,

Leicester,

Leicestershire.

LE1 5LB

317496a096d6c86486a71d4521994bcd171a6bb3

Telephone: 0116 251 6688

Text message: 07786 205080

Text message: 0116 253 6935

Phone-ins: 0116 251 1049

Actionline: 0116 201 6644

Fax: 0116 251 1463

E-mail: [email protected]

Editor: Kate Squire

Where Stringer lets me down is in the fact i want to hear what Pearson has to say. I want to hear what ideas he has to get us off the bottom.

Stringer asks his questions in such a way that he gets Pearson immediately defensive. There's tension, there's hostility.

So Pearson reverts back to telling us nothing much.

So Stringer's approach is letting me down as a fee paying customer. I only get to hear what is like a couple of kids having a soppy argument. Thats unacceptable. Its almost like the pair of them require mediation.

Embarassing.

lol You called someone an idiot for saying they wanted to listen to the matches, and then taking this high-ground? It's not just what he says after matches, he's a shit commentator to boot.

I was taking the piss at him calling me,

If stringers commentary is shit then don't listen to it,there's plenty of app with text commentary,

The majority will just moan about anything and everything,we will agree to disagree and stringer

the only way stringer will go anywhere (or even tone down his insidious agenda towards NP) is if people get motivated and contact the heads of BBC Leicester directly and let them know what they think.

BBC Radio Leicester

9 St Nicholas Place,

Leicester,

Leicestershire.

LE1 5LB

Telephone: 0116 251 6688

Text message: 07786 205080

Text message: 0116 253 6935

Phone-ins: 0116 251 1049

Actionline: 0116 201 6644

Fax: 0116 251 1463

Editor: Kate Squire

Thought Ild seen it all when so idiots tried to get along young reinstated outside the radio leicester office,now your trying to get stringer sacked,

They'll laugh at you

Stringer as wanted Pearson out even since he rejoined Leicester back in 2011. Relationship between him and stringer and even bourne as got worse.

No different to our fans then is it

I was taking the piss at him calling me,

If stringers commentary is shit then don't listen to it,there's plenty of app with text commentary,

The majority will just moan about anything and everything,we will agree to disagree and stringer

Text commentary is a load of tripe - it's even less in depth about what's going on than Stringer. You are completely missing the point - Radio Leicesters commentary should be a service for those not at the game, not a bandwagon for Stringers ego. Moaning is justified in this case - Stringer is an awful commentator, spends too much time talking about hats and hairstyles than actually commentating on the game. He's like a toddler with ADHD. And that's before we even consider that he's peddling his vendetta against Nigel rather than being a neutral(ish) point describing exactly what happens

Jason Bourne is now being used as a little puppet too, I expect he idolises Stringer. Elliott was talking about how we can turn it around last night and Jason just butted in ''HOW CAN WE THOUGH MATTY HOW'' trying to be all controversial, its so fake.

He also called a caller last night Ryan, then called him Wayne and then said ''bye Terry'' at the end. He then said ''Hello terry'' to the next caller. I know no one is perfect but he can't get the basics right. Its becoming too painful to listen to Radio Leicester ( + a few morons ringing in with an IQ of 30) vs Nigel Pearson.

They are stirring it all up

I think that Stringer finds Pearson a tough cookie, doesn't give great soundbites, doesn't make Stringer sound good and so therefore wants him gone. I think this would be the case even if we were about to win the Premiership or in the FA Cup final, Stringer would be talking him down in snide ways and trying to undermine him because theres one thing that comes first ahead of everything to Ian Stringer and that is Ian Stringer.

We know you have an FT account Mr Stringer, why not come on and defend yourself?

Whilst Pearson, nor the fan have any moral high ground - the issue is this: You swear, or verbally abuse anybody, in any walk of life - you're going to spark a reaction.

What is probably more, upsetting - if you will. Is the Pearson masterminded our success last season. Not only did he get us out of League One, he has also got us to the Premier League. Remember celebrating on the pitch? Remember the all back at ours party? Remember the trophy parade? How amazing did they feel? All forgotten in what, 14 matches?

The boys aren't playing well, but hurling abuse at the management team who saved us from our lowest point in history - whilst being 3-1 down at home to Liverpool - WHO ARE PLAYING IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, is a little unreasonable.

Most will say "but what about Burnley, Newcastle, Swansea...". Every team will hit poor form. Burnley's was at the start of the season, Newcastle's was at the start of the season - look at Newcastle now. 

Have a little patience, it took us 10 years to get here - lets not write them off after 14 games. 

If he keeps pushing and pushing Pearson, and the owners keep backing and backing Pearson, it will only end up against Stringer and against BBC Radio Leicester. Stringer hasn't been banned yet, but the minute Leicester are back in-form, if Stringer continues to piss off the manager, I can hazard a guess that Pearson will be one to pull the plug and ban him from the ground. 

I think that Stringer finds Pearson a tough cookie, doesn't give great soundbites, doesn't make Stringer sound good and so therefore wants him gone. I think this would be the case even if we were about to win the Premiership or in the FA Cup final, Stringer would be talking him down in snide ways and trying to undermine him because theres one thing that comes first ahead of everything to Ian Stringer and that is Ian Stringer.

We know you have an FT account Mr Stringer, why not come on and defend yourself?

Stringer just doesn't have the rapport with Pearson, he burnt his bridges long ago and last nights pathetic antics aren't going to help.

Did anyone hear the but added on the end about Stringer 'just doing his job' amazing how when Nigel uses this he won't let it lie.

The annoying thing about these 5 pages is that Stringer will read them and think "i'm really good at my job, because I'm stirring up opinion" and not the reality "I'm a knob cheese that's not doing my job properly and getting information from a football manager, because my own ego gets in the way".

Yeah...errrr...and so might council tax,

And more realistically our plastic fans next season

Ha! You really are deluded if you think that. Think there might be a better chance of Stringer not being on Radio Leicester than council tax disappearing mate.

Thanks for the insight Nige!! :thumbup:   How does it feel talking third person????

not sure if your taking the pi$$ or not there.

but you are aware who that is right?

Come on then who is it?? I'm like Singhy.... I've no idea who it is.    @talkSPORTgeoff???

Archived