Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Radio Leicester - Stringer

Don't know how to put a smiley :-) on here as I'm technically inept as well as being an average commentator but I would if I could. Peace

It happens. Never mind.

Up the City

It happens. Never mind.

Up the City

Average?

Talk about ideas above your station.

You absolutely sure about that Ian?

I've got some footage that suggests otherwise...

Nowrich.jpg

Post of the millenium!

Loving the 'got the bastard!' smirk on Nige's face!

Don't know how to put a smiley :-) on here as I'm technically inept as well as being an average commentator but I would if I could. Peace

It happens. Never mind.

Up the City

What a post, delusions of averageness followed by possibly the greatest example of a man oblivious to the situational irony he's creating.

Love him or loathe him next time Forest or Derby are on the tele listen to the radio commentary on the local BBC and be careful what you wish for. I imagine his job includes dividing opinion and getting people talking and he does that we could do a lot worse than Ian Stringer

Love him or loathe him next time Forest or Derby are on the tele listen to the radio commentary on the local BBC and be careful what you wish for. I imagine his job includes dividing opinion and getting people talking and he does that we could do a lot worse than Ian Stringer

He might be better then them but as a person he is a knob.

Thankfully being in the prem means now there are various ways to watch/listen to away games than having to use Radio Leicester.

Stringer - stop talking opposition goals in 15 minutes before it happens. Seriously man have some compassion for those of us on the verge of a coronary.

That picture is utter genius. Think my dog thought I was having a coronary. Only just finished wiping away the tears.

As for fisting and the art of anal annihilation, preliminary use of a hose pipe can avoid a brown outcome. I've seen certain videos.

I'm sure I heard during the West Ham cup commentary Stringer commenting on Zarate and how 'impressed' they were when  they saw him play against us last season for QPR and how he was one of the leading lights for a poor QPR team. He never played for either QPR or West Ham against us last season and made only 4 appearances for QPR and by all accounts was a crock of shite.

People need to be careful what they wish for. You only have to tune into Radio Nottingham to see what I mean. Dull, monotone and boring. Stringer isn't perfect, I don't think he claims to be. Im not perfect at my job. But atleast he shows some passion and excitement in the game. All too easy to criticise others when you're sat in you're armchair. There is a lot of time to fill in dead ball situations.

I don't care if it is dull monotonous or boring, I'm not listening to be entertained, I'm listening to find out what is going on in the game.

I want ball by ball commentary and get objective views on how all the players are playing and not just selective comments on whichever players are flavour of the month or in the firing line.

I don't know if he has access to up to date in depth stats but hearing about things like pass completion, distance covered, tackles won would really interest me.

I do wonder with BBC cut backs how long they will continue with local radio commentaries it isn't efficient to send commentary teams from BBC radio Leicester, BBC radio Norfolk, plus commentary teams/ reporters for 5 live and 5 live extra.

Would be quite interesting to have a proper action calling commentator with 2 pundits one from each local station to provide the insight.

Archived