Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Radio Leicester - Stringer

Mark W, What sort of question is that?

Fans pay good hard earned money to go to watch Lcfc like many have done so for a lot of years. No matter who or what it is no man is bigger than the club that includes the manager.

i don't know if you listened to the post match interview but Np did not come across at all well? He again resorted to his seemingly arrogant couldn't care less attitude any question that was put to him he appeared to answer churlishly and arrogantly.

Telling fans not to come if they dont like it doesn't endear him to anyone. He needs to remember we fans contribute towards his wages with the revenue we pay in ticket sales and merchandise we buy from the club.

Well saying that certainly endears him to me.

The people he retaliated to weren't fans. They can keep their money for all I care because they contribute nothing to LCFC, they are simply customers. Look up the definition of fanatic in the dictionary and I'm sure none of the cvnts who spent 10 minutes abusing Pearson would satisfy that definition.

I pay money to go to see a play, does that give me the right to call the Actor a fvcking idiot and just expect them to accept it. Financially football clubs at this level could run without the fans. Sky pay us 180 million pounds, you think buying a £1.99 David Nugent mask contributes anything to the footballing economy?

It's hard to believe it's the same interviewer.

"So Sven, tricky 3-0 defeat at home to Millwall today, any positives to take from that, wwe'll get it right won't we?"

"Another defeat Nigel, what happened with the fans? For the 45th time....Do you fear for your job?"

It's hard to believe it's the same interviewer.

"So Sven, tricky 3-0 defeat at home to Millwall today, any positives to take from that, wwe'll get it right won't we?"

"Another defeat Nigel, what happened with the fans? For the 45th time....Do you fear for your job?"

The very first words of every interview are so unprofessional ..... He basically tells NP what he thinks as a poisonous little nobody within the question .....

His arrogant "what do you put that one down to?" .... Subtext: yet another loss, let's hear the excuses you useless tosser.

You can see why Pearson treats Stringer with contempt. There was one game a few years ago (I think it was Derby away in 2010) when Pearson had a slipped disc and spent the whole game sat on the bench. Stringer started questioning Pearson's 'commitment' without first finding out why he was sat down for the whole game.

Ian Stringer's biggest agenda is getting more publicity for Ian Stringer.

It's easy to see why Stringer was so easy-going with Sven, because Sven was a media circus unto himself. There was a stupid amount of attention being thrust upon LCFC at the time (especially for a team that wasn't constantly setting the division alight), so of course Stringer would want to hitch his wagon on that.

Nigel Pearson, obviously, has a much different m.o. than Sven did. NP couldn't give two shits about the media and has even more contempt for media types that try to coach the team. Stringer doesn't nearly have the access he once had under Sven (gong back to what SamW said, NP even shut him out completely for a while). Now that Leicester are in the Premier League, and are getting covered by several more major media outlets and not just BBC Radio Leicester and the Merc, Stringer faces a lot more competition for a story. Radio isn't the most popular medium now, and the amount of TV coverage of the Premier League makes BBC Radio Leicester a little less relevant. So, if there's no story for Stringer, he's got to create his own news, and there's no news like bad news.

I'm with everyone here that says Stringer isn't "just doing his job" as a journalist. Stringer is pushing a narrative and creating a story that isn't there to boost his own ego, not to be some sort of reporter. The situation could easily be that Nigel Pearson does have the backing of the board, but as an extremely competitive person with somewhat of a short fuse, he's just really stressed out over an especially bad run of form for his team. That wouldn't make much of a story, though.

It's quaint and perhaps a little bit sad that we (myself included) are reduced to having a discussion about this when there are much more important concerns about Leicester City right now than their match commentator.

Well saying that certainly endears him to me.

The people he retaliated to weren't fans. They can keep their money for all I care because they contribute nothing to LCFC, they are simply customers. Look up the definition of fanatic in the dictionary and I'm sure none of the cvnts who spent 10 minutes abusing Pearson would satisfy that definition.

I pay money to go to see a play, does that give me the right to call the Actor a fvcking idiot and just expect them to accept it. Financially football clubs at this level could run without the fans. Sky pay us 180 million pounds, you think buying a £1.99 David Nugent mask contributes anything to the footballing economy?

Can't agree with any of this. A football stadium isn't a theatre. Do you start yelling the actors' names and chanting boisterously every time you approve?

Fans should make noise. Some of it, especially when you lose, won't be positive. I remember McGhee saying 'please make noise, create an atmosphere, even if it's having a go it's better than silence.' That was the sort of atmosphere generated at Filbert Street in the 1990s - it could be critical, it could be euphoric, but it demanded success.

The people he responded to were fans. Of Leicester City, perhaps, as opposed to Nigel Pearson, but only because they believe that he isn't what's best for their club at the moment. Plenty of chairmen who have successfully navigated their way out of our position would look at our club right now and agree with them. Others wouldn't.

Make no mistake, what Pearson did tonight was either born out of a complete loss of his cool - which would be highly unprofessional and suggest a manager who had lost a grip on events - or of a calculated move to remind his players that he is 100% behind them and will defend them against anyone. He is trying to motivate his side. But there's no need to defend his actions on a moral or professional standpoint.

And make no mistake, this is a big call. If he doesn't get a result in the next game then telling fans they can 'stay home' if they don't like what they see could come back to haunt him. That's not the sort of thing you tend to see from managers in his position. And whereas it went almost unnoticed in the second tier, tonight it's all over the national news.

What it actually comes down to is that we genuinely have a select group of fans who are more loyal to Stringer than Pearson lol

These weirdos (together with Stringer) need banning from the stadium and putting in an asylum on matchdays, they are absolute poison.

Their agenda is so obvious I would not be surprised if the 'abused' fan was on Radio Leicester's payroll. Their employees' actions over the last few weeks have been counterproductive at best, verging on vindictive at worst. Absolute vermin. I'm sure plenty would threaten never to listen to them again if they weren't already protesting about Youngeh's departure... lol

Football 2014.

What it actually comes down to is that we genuinely have a select group of fans who are more loyal to Stringer than Pearson lol

These weirdos (together with Stringer) need banning from the stadium and putting in an asylum on matchdays, they are absolute poison.

Their agenda is so obvious I would not be surprised if the 'abused' fan was on Radio Leicester's payroll. Their employees' actions over the last few weeks have been counterproductive at best, verging on vindictive at worst. Absolute vermin. I'm sure plenty would threaten never to listen to them again if they weren't already protesting about Youngeh's departure... lol

Football 2014.

Or it could be that some think both are at fault?

Yes, Stringer asks loaded questions. That's his job, but I think it's clear he asks them in a provocative way. To get a reaction.

Then Pearson goes all mardy and bites.

The two are like kids having a little spat.

IMO they should both grow up because their 'interviews' are embarrassing.

Can't agree with any of this. A football stadium isn't a theatre. Do you start yelling the actors' names and chanting boisterously every time you approve?

Fans should make noise. Some of it, especially when you lose, won't be positive. I remember McGhee saying 'please make noise, create an atmosphere, even if it's having a go it's better than silence.' That was the sort of atmosphere generated at Filbert Street in the 1990s - it could be critical, it could be euphoric, but it demanded success.

The people he responded to were fans. Of Leicester City, perhaps, as opposed to Nigel Pearson, but only because they believe that he isn't what's best for their club at the moment. Plenty of chairmen who have successfully navigated their way out of our position would look at our club right now and agree with them. Others wouldn't.

Make no mistake, what Pearson did tonight was either born out of a complete loss of his cool - which would be highly unprofessional and suggest a manager who had lost a grip on events - or of a calculated move to remind his players that he is 100% behind them and will defend them against anyone. He is trying to motivate his side. But there's no need to defend his actions on a moral or professional standpoint.

And make no mistake, this is a big call. If he doesn't get a result in the next game then telling fans they can 'stay home' if they don't like what they see could come back to haunt him. That's not the sort of thing you tend to see from managers in his position. And whereas it went almost unnoticed in the second tier, tonight it's all over the national news.

You're still defending moronic paying customers who thought the product they bought which can get broken can't get broken sorry, "fans" (cough) who are attacking and repeatedly shouting abuse in the direction of a professional.

I'd like to see you in a football manager's shoes in the Football League and how you deal with it. Because everyone crumbles when faced with that sort of constant negative remarks - some earlier, some later.

Following up on the "Say No to Racism" campaign, can we start a "Say No to Dickhead Fans" one?

Or it could be that some think both are at fault?

Yes, Stringer asks loaded questions. That's his job, but I think it's clear he asks them in a provocative way. To get a reaction.

Then Pearson goes all mardy and bites.

The two are like kids having a little spat.

IMO they should both grow up because their 'interviews' are embarrassing.

I have to disagree, I just listened to the post match interview and its stringer who is embarassing. he doesn't HAVE to ask questions about what the chairman said to nigel, it's idiotic and disrespectful. why ask questions that you know someone can't or won't answer, for any reason other than to try and get a reaction. it's easy for you to sit there tapping away with your pseudo-analytical posts criticising nigel for getting pissed with stringer. the fact is the man is trying to do his job, has seen his team lose, has had to defend our teams players from vitriol from one of our teams 'fans', is obviously not happy anyway and then has to deal with the weasel deliberately trying to undermine his position. #stringerout

Anyone see his tweet from a couple of hours ago? Surely now this is a personal vendetta?

https://twitter.com/StringerSport/status/539902349004009472

I just wish one of the players who was interviewed had seen this before hand and gone on the radio to defend Pearson and have a pop at stringer.

That tweet made my blood boil.

I have to disagree, I just listened to the post match interview and its stringer who is embarassing. he doesn't HAVE to ask questions about what the chairman said to nigel, it's idiotic and disrespectful. why ask questions that you know someone can't or won't answer, for any reason other than to try and get a reaction. it's easy for you to sit there tapping away with your pseudo-analytical posts criticising nigel for getting pissed with stringer. the fact is the man is trying to do his job, has seen his team lose, has had to defend our teams players from vitriol from one of our teams 'fans', is obviously not happy anyway and then has to deal with the weasel deliberately trying to undermine his position. #stringerout

But shade, whether you like stringer or not, the blokes a journalist. Its his job to ask questions no matter if you or I perceive that question as bollox or not. He'd be out of work if he didn't.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I really don't understand some of our fans, Ian stringer is a journalist by trade. It's his job to ask questions that are uncomfortable but people want to know the answer to. People comparing his interview style with Sven is stupid, that was a few years ago now and inevitably people change the way they work, perhaps he's become a 'better' journalist by asking the tough questions now. Of course he wants to further his career. Who here would say they wouldn't want to further their careers? I'm not a fan of Ian stringer neither am I a hater. It's his job!

As far as Pearson is concerned he's in a position where unfortunately some fans will get annoyed and take their frustration out on him. It's part of the job and he has to take it on the chin. Let's ask a question - if Gerrard called everyone that sang 'Steve Gerrard Gerrard...' a c#&t or told them to f7"k off would he not be reprimanded?

The interview again showed a real arrogance by Pearson, yes stick by your players however if you really believe that the commitment is the same as what it was last year or at the beginning of this season then I'm afraid he's delusional.

I actually don't want Pearson to go, however he does need to change his attitude and not be so stubborn.

Perhaps it is time to come back down to the bench for the full game. He only went up there because of the run we had when he was sent up to the stands.

I hope we buy or loan intelligently for the here and now. Not for the future. Why did he buy powell, Simpson etc for our first premiership season in 10 years and not play them. It wasn't really the right time to build a team for the future, it was a time to buy a team to enable us to have a future in the premiership.

But shade, whether you like stringer or not, the blokes a journalist. Its his job to ask questions no matter if you or I perceive that question as bollox or not. He'd be out of work if he didn't.

No, he's not a journalist. He thinks and says he is one, but in the end, he's a bloke and that's it.

He works for THE institution in the country and is much more up for scandals or active fabrication of stories than actually covering stories.

In Stringer's defense, that's the way newspapers and radio have been going in the last 15+ years in general, so it's not just him.

What makes his actions inexcusable is that he's working for the BBC who, at least to my knowledge, pride themselves on maintaining a high standard of reporting.

No, he's not a journalist. He thinks and says he is one, but in the end, he's a bloke and that's it.

He works for THE institution in the country and is much more up for scandals or active fabrication of stories than actually covering stories.

In Stringer's defense, that's the way newspapers and radio have been going in the last 15+ years in general, so it's not just him.

What makes his actions inexcusable is that he's working for the BBC who, at least to my knowledge, pride themselves on maintaining a high standard of reporting.

If he was that bad fella, he'd be out on his arse. The BBC can't afford to have shit workers on their books in "todays world". Just because people don't like him, it does not make him bad at his job, he asks questions that I sometimes wonder where he's going with them, but, its up to whoever is being interviewed to answer appropriately. Pearson is under a vast amount of pressure atm and if the accounts of spat with a spectator are true, he has got to tread carefully when being interviewed by anyone. One thing said out of line/context and the media, let alone stringer, will be on him like a shot. Not what the club needs at this minute.

He's doing his job very poorly ... It's his job to interview the person in front of him and extract as much interesting and useful information for his audience.

What he achieves is to get his own opinion made very clear and to make the interviewee clam up and hate him .... The antithesis to his objective.

5waller5, on 03 Dec 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

He's doing his job very poorly ... It's his job to interview the person in front of him and extract as much interesting and useful information for his audience.

What he achieves is to get his own opinion made very clear and to make the interviewee clam up and hate him .... The antithesis to his objective.

Like much modern reporting. If the question is aggressive, the interviewee inevitably becomes defensive.

Questions like:

'You dominated the Championship last season, but clearly are finding it tough in the Prem now. Is there anything about the Prem that has surprised you', might lead to more interesting and revealing answers.

He's not going to slag off his players in public. He certainly shouldn't, anyway.

I think Ian does his best and really cares, but I think he needs to prepare slightly less confrontational questions in order to produce a more revealing interview

Its as clear as glass that Stringer doesn't like Pearson and he has the platform to be able to show him up. It seems to me its all for his ego and to boost his career opportunities, at the expense of 'his beloved team'. Bollocks mate, you're not a Leicester fan. 

Nigel Pearson, obviously, has a much different m.o. than Sven did. NP couldn't give two shits about the media and has even more contempt for media types that try to coach the team. Stringer doesn't nearly have the access he once had under Sven (gong back to what SamW said, NP even shut him out completely for a while). Now that Leicester are in the Premier League, and are getting covered by several more major media outlets and not just BBC Radio Leicester and the Merc, Stringer faces a lot more competition for a story. Radio isn't the most popular medium now, and the amount of TV coverage of the Premier League makes BBC Radio Leicester a little less relevant. So, if there's no story for Stringer, he's got to create his own news, and there's no news like bad news.

Yet at the start of the season, after a year of Stringer holding back, Nigel was giving him exclusives and telling a member of the  press to **** off when they interrupted his interview. It's not just an incredible lack of gratitude on Stringer's part, he's making it less and less likely that he'll get anything out of Nigel. He's doing himself no favours.

Schullp,nugent,kasper,de laet,ulloa,pearson,

And now stringer

It's laughable,

We're all the best at playing football,

Manageing a team,

And being a commentator/journalist aren't we,

Has anyone thought of applying for any of the above professions seeing as most of us seem to be experts and how the should and shouldn't do thing

Archived