Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Radio Leicester - Stringer

Stringer's took his nobheadedness to a completely new level in the past 24 hours. What a nobhead. Seen him on Twitter now promoting more Daily Mirror hyperbole regarding Pearson. He's a total embarrassment at times.

I'd much rather he'd have been ****ed off than Young.

Although Stringer clearly thinks he's bulletproof because he holds a microphone for Radio Leicester don't be at all surprised if the plug is pulled on him after his antics in the last 2 post game interviews.

Mr "I'm stood 5yrds away from the manager & I don't care if he hears me" Stringer has never been liked by Pearson, the press officer doesn't like him and majority of players don't like him but they just put up with him.

His Twitter antics & Pearson vendetta won't go unnoticed and they'll simply tell Radio Leicester to send someone else to do the interviews or there won't be any.

hey guys, let's not forget we're talking about a guys job here, he has a family to think of (if he didn't really walk out?), it's his livelihood. that's being said he's a smut-peddling imbecile who can't report or interview and he should definitely be fired, again.

hey guys, let's not forget we're talking about a guys job here, he has a family to think of (if he didn't really walk out?), it's his livelihood. that's being said he's a smut-peddling imbecile who can't report or interview and he should definitely be fired, again.

You talking about Pearson or Stringer! Ha

While we are slagging him off let's also remember he's a bloke who cheated on his pregnant wife and left his family to go on the apprentice.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-550069/Apprentice-contestants-dumped-wife-says-paying-15-minutes-fame.html

Bellend.

As bad as that is, it's got nothing to do with his career and how he reports/we interpret how he reports.

The irony of that story is that a lot of people on here are taking it as gospel to suit their agenda against Stringer, exactly what he's being accused of. I don't like Stringer but there's some double standards here.

Just heard that interview. Bloody hell it's awkward.

Fact of the matter is you cannot succeed in interviews if you're on a run like this. Nothing you say will change anything. It's a results industry.

Stringer is a terrific commentator (although he needs to improve his description of the game). I love his enthusiasm and it's nice to have somebody who seems to have LCFC close to his heart.

BUT, when things aren't going well he becomes hysterical and clearly goes on the offensive. Looking for someone (the manager) to blame. I don't think he hates Pearson, but he will direct some heat at him and will happily see him put in trouble if he manages to secure a controversial moment or quote with him which then furthers his own profile.

People should make their own minds up on him. But ill say this. Why is it always Matt Elliot, Gerry Taggart or Alan Young who have to be the voice of reason?

Stringer will say it's to stimulate debate. When actually its just attempts from him to stir up negativity and get people to agree with him.

It's good that finally after all these years City fans are gathering round to try and remove this bloke, hes an absolute tit and the way he carries on like a little girl on the radio is horrid. Real men prefer Neville Foulger. Only in Modern Football could Stringer get a job,

Can you imagine how someone like Brian Clough would have treated this bloke? He's have spent the last three seasons on the sick with depression crying like a little girl.

#AMF #stringerout

It's good that finally after all these years City fans are gathering round to try and remove this bloke, hes an absolute tit and the way he carries on like a little girl on the radio is horrid. Real men prefer Neville Foulger. Only in Modern Football could Stringer get a job,

Can you imagine how someone like Brian Clough would have treated this bloke? He's have spent the last three seasons on the sick with depression crying like a little girl.

#AMF #stringerout

what have people done to try and get him re-fired though?

The irony of that story is that a lot of people on here are taking it as gospel to suit their agenda against Stringer, exactly what he's being accused of. I don't like Stringer but there's some double standards here.

Just heard that interview. Bloody hell it's awkward.

Fact of the matter is you cannot succeed in interviews if you're on a run like this. Nothing you say will change anything. It's a results industry.

I think it's a vicious circle with Stringer and Pearson. They clearly dislike each other. Pearson dislikes Stringer because of the shit stirring he insists on doing, the silly questions he sometimes asks. It's all very well people and Stringer himself saying it's his job to ask those questions but in my opinion, as the LOCAL radio station, they should be more supportive. It's fine to ask him about the team, results, transfers, but is it ok to constantly ask him about his own position? Not in my opinion.

Jason Bourne was totally out of order during Pearson's live press conference a few days ago when he brought up the Tony Pulis story. It was clear that it was the first Pearson had heard about it, and I don't think a local journalist should behave in that way. I felt sorry for Pearson, he was completely stumped as to what to say. Why did Jason Bourne do that? What does he expect Pearson to say? It was like he had transformed into a journalist from The Sun.

On the other side, Pearson can be very frosty towards Stringer when there really is no need. His interviews quite often come across as arrogant, rude and quite vicious. In a way I don't blame Stringer for giving it back to Pearson on occasion, because Pearson can be so cagey and rude, he's not like that with national press.

I think it'll end up with another ban for radio Leicester like we had a couple of seasons ago.

I think it's a vicious circle with Stringer and Pearson. They clearly dislike each other. Pearson dislikes Stringer because of the shit stirring he insists on doing, the silly questions he sometimes asks. It's all very well people and Stringer himself saying it's his job to ask those questions but in my opinion, as the LOCAL radio station, they should be more supportive. It's fine to ask him about the team, results, transfers, but is it ok to constantly ask him about his own position? Not in my opinion.

Jason Bourne was totally out of order during Pearson's live press conference a few days ago when he brought up the Tony Pulis story. It was clear that it was the first Pearson had heard about it, and I don't think a local journalist should behave in that way. I felt sorry for Pearson, he was completely stumped as to what to say. Why did Jason Bourne do that? What does he expect Pearson to say? It was like he had transformed into a journalist from The Sun.

On the other side, Pearson can be very frosty towards Stringer when there really is no need. His interviews quite often come across as arrogant, rude and quite vicious. In a way I don't blame Stringer for giving it back to Pearson on occasion, because Pearson can be so cagey and rude, he's not like that with national press.

I think it'll end up with another ban for radio Leicester like we had a couple of seasons ago.

Yeah but in that scenario the onus is on the interviewer to adapt.  An interviewer should just be the tool that allows the interviewee to give his views. Pearson just seems to have to comment on Stringer's opinions. It should be the other way around.

Pearson is the man we want to hear from, not Stringer. But Stringer constantly lets his own ego get in the way by turning interviews into some sort of equal rivalry between the two of them. In reality, it doesn't matter who asks the questions, but it does matter that we get to hear Pearson's views on the games.

Stinger just wastes our time by trying to goad Pearson into inappropriate responses. I mean, the question "Will you speak to the owners between now and Sunday?" What is Pearson supposed to say to that? It's a belligerent, smug question which really achieves nothing other than to suggest that Stringer is expecting that Pearson is likely to get sacked before Sunday. I've no problem with Stringer asking something like "Do you feel that your position is under threat at the moment?" because that just gives Pearson the chance to comment without Stringer subtlely implying his own view. No-one cares what Stringer thinks.

The trouble is, because of Stringer's idiotic questions, we actually don't get to know how secure Pearson feels about his position.

His questions to Matty James are even worse: "What went wrong tonight?" Why has the Man United game Killed you?"  Stringer knows if he'd asked them of Pearson he'd probably have a broken nose to add to his current woes! :D

Stringer and Bourne do have some clout though as local media reporters. If they mention new managers, Pearson's possible dismissal then fans will listen and the wider media will pick up on it. Stringer should not be asking if Pearson fears for his job and Bourne shouldn't be asking about potential replacements, Pearson is trying to do his job and the questions should be about the game and the squad. Saying the fans want this, want that isn't really relevant as it's a few fans on social media or the moan in.

There's no doubt Pearson hasn't come across well in some interviews over fairly light questions but I don't blame him for getting annoyed when his future is being questioned by local reporters when it's more than possible that the people who matter, the owners, have been nothing but supportive to him.

The one thing that confuses me about the Stringer/Pearson dynamic is how easily Stringer gets under his skin. Skinner asks questions in a provocative way. But Nige takes the bait time over..and goes all mardy.

I would think Pearson would just laff it off and come back with some witty retort. But he don't..

He probably did originally, but if someone continually winds you up it gets harder and harder to just laugh it off I suppose.

Archived