Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbo17J2

Pearson has to go!

I knew this season would be a struggle huge gulf between the championship and premiership. He lacks experience at this level and his tactics and the way he shows the opposition too much respect is evident.

I am reminded of a conversation I had with Hull fans when he came back to us. They said, "he is good at setting the team up not to lose games heavily. BUT we always asked ourselves where are the goals coming from cos we never looked like scoring."

The diamond isn't working but he persists with it. Not playing with wingers, players frightened to cross the halfway line, or played out of position, passing backwards and sideways or just hoofing it up front inviting pressure straight back on, pulling everyone back for corners.

The next two games are six pointers, nothing less than six points will suffice.

We have to start attacking teams and showing more in attack than we are if we dont we will be back in the championship next season.

I do believe to play in the premiership you do need experience throughout the playing staff and the management team. Due to our Summer recruitment unfortunately we are lacking in all departments.

Nigel is good at Championship level, unfortunately he doesn't cut it at this level.

Far too early to tell if he should go or not. What is true is we are playing badly. I said last week..look not only at points but PERFORMANCES..today we didnt have a single shot at goal. The usual suspects (Babs, Mark w et al) may all say that people are jumping the gun..but look at the STATS..which for the past few games make awful reading. Tough times ahead..

We look clueless..is the fact, currently.

So you start by saying it's too early to say, and then slate some people for saying people are jumping the gun... Make your mind up.

You don't just get promoted and expect to perform and pick up points week in and week out - we came up 1st and as the three promotion teams came up, they're all residing in the bottom 3, as expected, this IS expected. May be hard because Leicester were outperforming teams every week in the Championship, but we've entered a division where 17 teams are better than us, and have more experience than us, and more quality than us - you can't say Pearson out, you can't even say Pearson out if we end up relegated, he's been our most successful manager since O'Neil and developed a determined, well disciplined team - his team, that actually fight and will fight till the very end for him. He picks whoever he thinks will do the job on the day and I back him 100%.

You're entitled to your opinions, but you're ****ing clueless to suggest sacking a manager from a few poor performances and essentially some harsh luck and truths.

Wouldn't be saying this if the freak own goal last week went the other way, or if Burnley skied their free-kick a few weeks ago.

I don't want Pearson sacked, but he is going to have to remove his head from his backside, and do the job he is paid for.

He appears to have learn't nothing thus far, with regard to how to play his side, and is devoid of any tactical know how. If we don't perform in our next three games, I can see him gone by Xmas. If that is to be the case, then he will probably have deserved sacking.

100% Agree with this comment

How'd you work that one out? It's basic stuff mate, you being too clueless to grasp it is nobody else's fault. Do you understand what 'burden of proof' means? If you want Pearson sacked and replaced, you surely want to have evidence that this would be beneficial and not pointless or damaging? You can't just say 'Well you can't prove sacking him won't be good so we might as well get rid and see what happens lol herr derrr.'

The guy is already in the job and for the overwhelming majority of his tenure has done very well for us. If you have no evidence for your claim other than the fact that you feel butthurt when we lose then do everyone a favour and keep your Negative Nancy comments to yourself you dolt!

See my above post for the facts so far..

Pulis has never been relegated. As close to proof as possible, gives you the best chance at least. Football in opinions, from us to the manager but while our manager is of the opinion that parking the bus and playing 4 centre midfield players is the best way to stay in the division, I'll have little faith.

Is it a mistake to do it once? Maybe, he's done it 2 weeks in a row! and one could start to argue he is out of his depth in this league.

Get a grip NP this lame ass football your planning just isn't working and can someone please explain why we had 4 CM on and no wingers because that to me spells disaster for the start

Do you realise our game plan actually worked till Southampton found their bit of quality which has put them 2nd in the league?

It was a diamond which worked so well against Manchester United, we just couldn't find the attacking edge again. Southampton's width didn't kill us so you can't moan at the formation and player choice because it was spot on today.

He doesn't have to go at all. He needs to get a ****ing grip though and see where we are so clearly going wrong. Play with some attacking intent with intent, and actually try and create some chances, play our most influential players and don't be scared of the opposition. Yes we need to respect them and yes some might be better than us, but at least give us a chance by actually having a pair of big ****ing balls.

Nigel I love you but you need to love yourself and your players and believe in their ability to win games.

Nige definitely needs to pull his denims up

He's getting very stubborn. Mahrez needed a run out today. He will be rubbish against s'land as he will have been away so he prob won't be selected anyway.

U can be stubborn at a lower level but in the PL you need your best players. To say this is our best eleven is just aiming another kick at Riyadh. Why do it?

How long also depends on factors I have no idea about.

But I'll say this, are Palace, Burnley, Qpr, Villa, Sunderland looking to sack their manager?

We might go down playing as we all want us to, all I know is I'd rather go down having a go than playing it safe.

But that's the thing that annoys me most... We aren't playing the football we want. Its misplaced pass, one after another,

Do you realise our game plan actually worked till Southampton found their bit of quality which has put them 2nd in the league?

It was a diamond which worked so well against Manchester United, we just couldn't find the attacking edge again. Southampton's width didn't kill us so you can't moan at the formation and player choice because it was spot on today.

What was the game plan? Park the bus, bore everyone to tears and hope they didn't have quality to punish us? Good game plan bro..

What was the game plan? Park the bus, bore everyone to tears and hope they didn't have quality to punish us? Good game plan bro..

Keep it tight, force the turnovers - attempt to dominate the center for more possession, play on the break and work Vardy's pace. 

That's the best we could hope for away at a very in-form Southampton who ripped Sunderland apart for playing wide.

You can't have players like Mahrez and Knockaert against a team like Southampton otherwise the outcome would have been 4+

if the game plans is to not get beat. it is not working.

and can we stop with the man utd game. the reason we beat them is they tried to defend on the half way line and left space in behind. palace did the opposite and defended the 18 yard box as we looked clueless. as we have every game since.

Our game plan was to be negative and contain them for 90+ mins, sorry but that will not work and we will lose games without creating a chance. Rather we created some chances and lost to be honest, at least it shows ambition.

Keep it tight, force the turnovers - attempt to dominate the center for more possession, play on the break and work Vardy's pace.

That's the best we could hope for away at a very in-form Southampton who ripped Sunderland apart for playing wide.

You can't have players like Mahrez and Knockaert against a team like Southampton otherwise the outcome would have been 4+

I'd have preferred it to be 6-2 and have a go and play how we want than 2-0 parking the bus.

Please don't give him till January. When that window opens we need someone else in who knows how to operate at this level.

We'd probably end up bidding multi million pound deals for championship strikers Deeney and mcgoldrick

FFS 11 matches into our first season in the prem in a decade and the doom merchants are out, all of you calling for his head were deluded if you thought this was going to be a cushy mid table season. He and the majority of players are finding their feet at the minute. If we do go down I couldn't think of anyone better to get us back up, especially with parachute payments etc. I seem to remember WBA bouncing between the top two divisions for a period of 5 years or so, didn't do them any harm.

All of you calling for him to be sacked, who replaces him and if we still get relegated who would you like in charge to bring us back up again?

People who post **** off and label the OP as a plastic fan or anyone who dares suggest Pearson leaves probably deep down want the same thing....CHANGE. Can someone make any suggestions apart from crossing fingers that this will happen...especially with Pearson's stubborn approach and negative tactics?

Far too early to tell if he should go or not. What is true is we are playing badly. I said last week..look not only at points but PERFORMANCES..today we didnt have a single shot at goal. The usual suspects may all say that people are jumping the gun..but look at the STATS..which for the past few games make awful reading. Tough times ahead..

We look clueless..is the fact, currently.

If it's 'far too early to tell if he should go or not', then surely 'the usual suspects' saying that the Pearson Out gang are jumping the gun are absolutely right?

Pearson lost it when he failed to sign quality players during the transfer window.

When you get promoted to the Premiership you have to change half the team for quality Premiership player.

Most of the successful Premiership clubs have strikers from Africa who are the best around at present.

We can't sign anyone until January, so we need a new manager who will experiment extensively as we have nothing to lose.

Then during the January transfer window sign six African players. 

Like it or not, if you can't beat em join em !

Archived