Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbo17J2

Pearson has to go!

Mark's quite correct though isn't he? If it's 'too early to judge' then people like him are spot on in their defence of the manager.

I think a fair amount of our bad run can indeed be attributed to Pearson's decisions. I just don't think that it's enough to warrant him being removed from his position.

Thats not telling us why YOU think we have got 2 points from 18? (Ish) or why we didn't have a shot on target today. How is Pearson making bad decisions? Tell us.

So maybe they and perhaps even the manager need a bit of time to adapt? And maybe they deserve that because they stormed the Championship? Maybe a newly promoted side shouldn't be panicking about being in the bottom three with over two thirds of the season to go, for precisely that reason.

And if I remember correctly, from last time you were calling for his head, 3rd-6th in the Championship is as far as Nigel Pearson can take Leicester City Football Club. God knows why people don't listen to you all the time.

You can say what you like Mark, but you can only give a manager so much time. It's a results business & we have picked up 1 point from 18 available. The squad was brilliant last season, but yet again time comes into it, how long will it take for these players to adapt, will some of them even adapt at all?

Have hardly ever called for his head, only time was when we went through that massive depressing bad patch in the Championship, and yet again I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was having doubts at that particularly time. 

How long would you give him, especially if we don't see any improvement?

Why does Pearson keep on saying that we need to take our chances?

Erm, Nigel, the problem is that we aren't creating anywhere near enough. 

A half chance or two at Palace, a chance in the 93rd minute 2-0 down at Swansea, couple half chances vs WBA, chance at 2-0 down 87th minute today.

Not good enough, if we had Costa up front he wouldn't be scoring for us with past 6 weeks.

Remember in the summer we were linked with someone called Pele for about 8-10 million but that was crazy money and plenty on here questioned our ambition and then he went elsewhere. plenty on here were calling for the championship winning squad to be given a go so what do people want?

Yes I remember. People ask for better quality signings. Give us some names then? We were linked with Pelle, we were linked with Cresswell at LB. They went elsewhere. We aren't going to attract quality/better players as a newly promoted team. 

Remember in the summer we were linked with someone called Pele for about 8-10 million but that was crazy money and plenty on here questioned our ambition and then he went elsewhere. plenty on here were calling for the championship winning squad to be given a go so what do people want?

Get rid and replace with who? Pulis, Mancini do you want them and will they come and will they attract a better quality of player, with our start many expected us to be where we are, home form is what we need and lets get behind the team for Sunderland.

If Crystal Palace can get Pulis then we can. We would be the biggest club he has ever managed. Not Mancini though, that's a ludicrous suggestion.

You can say what you like Mark, but you can only give a manager so much time. It's a results business & we have picked up 1 point from 18 available. The squad was brilliant last season, but yet again time comes into it, how long will it take for these players to adapt, will some of them even adapt at all?

Have hardly ever called for his head, only time was when we went through that massive depressing bad patch in the Championship, and yet again I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was having doubts at that particularly time. 

How long would you give him, especially if we don't see any improvement?

If we're outside the top six of the Championship at the end of next season then I'd begin to entertain the idea.

Yes I remember. People ask for better quality signings. Give us some names then? We were linked with Pelle, we were linked with Cresswell at LB. They went elsewhere. We aren't going to attract quality/better players as a newly promoted team. 

If we offer decent wages we can!

In my LCFC supporting life I have been through this farce too many times... knee call's for a managers head.. then expecting Mr, new guy to to come in and make an instant transformation ..who is the mythical genius? and why is not already employed?

Because he left the club because it didn't share his ambition going forward.

That is obviously the name on most lips.

Oh, and if you hadn't heard before, he hasn't been relegated. And has been in worse positions than this with smaller clubs.

That's not down to being a newly promoted side, that's to do with being cheap skates. If we offered the right money we could get almost anyone.

Our target this season is 17th and upwards. We are currently 1 goal and zero points away from that.

If we had lost to Everton, arsenal and Utd but beaten burnley and palace, we would be in the same position but we'd all be saying what a tough fixture list we started with.

All about perspective. Yes we are on a bad run, but that's all it is, a run. We have quality and a great manager. It is still just over a quarter of the way through the season and we are a goal from safety.

I like Pearson, I like the current squad. Last year was amazing. But some fans need to get a grip. This is the clubs chance to grow and set foundations to move the club forward. There is literally tens of millions at stake. I'm at a loss as to why fans are so defensive of the current regime - I expected this season to be difficult, very difficult. But the manner of the defeats is embarrassing, we barely put together one decent attack together today. Never looked like scoring, and it hasn't been much better in previous games. Regardless of what NP has done for the club, and he deserves massive credit, you have to be realistic, the facts don't lie. We have barely had a shot on target in a number of games. And, in the great run we had! On another day Stoke would have had us well beaten, we were very lucky that day. I am normally extremely positive, stick by the manager etc but there seems to be a strange mentality amongst our fans that if you want pearson to stay your a) more knowledgable b) a better fan.

NP deserves QPR and Sunderland, but lose them and his time is up.

After the International Break we have 11 league games before the next international break and imo sacking a manager half way through a season is a huge mistake, we either back NP or we sack him owners call, either way I want City to stay in this division.

I don't think managers should be sacked at any point during the season. I don't see the value in it. It leads to a manager merry go round. The next manager won't have his players in place and will not be successful, so he will go at the end of the season. The third manager won't be picked until near the end of the summer and won't be able to get his players either, so he will be gone by December, and then the fourth manager... Well you get my drift.

We need stability, both at the managerial and team levels. We didn't play terribly today against a good team, and we had a more stable side.

Would I like to see Hamer and Mahrez playing in the place of Kasper and King/Drinkwater/James? Would I like to see a proper 4-4-2 with wingers? Do I think Pearson is making mistakes? Yes.

Do I think a new manager can do better? No.

Because he left the club because it didn't share his ambition going forward.

That is obviously the name on most lips.

Oh, and if you hadn't heard before, he hasn't been relegated. And has been in worse positions than this with smaller clubs.

That means Fook all in my book, his temporary positions have no reflection on his current ability to lose the last 5 games

If we offer decent wages we can!

That's not down to being a newly promoted side, that's to do with being cheap skates. If we offered the right money we could get almost anyone.

You mean do what QPR do, which the same people wanting us to offer more money criticize? 

Thats not telling us why YOU think we have got 2 points from 18? (Ish) or why we didn't have a shot on target today. How is Pearson making bad decisions? Tell us.

I think the big swings in team selection and formation are unsettling what was a fairly stable side. That isn't helping. A switch to a more defensive approach hasn't worked either although the awful performances from our wingers makes it harder for him to pick them. We've also been unlucky at times and not got what we deserved in a few games, something that appears to have gone unsaid on this forum.

I don't how any of that's important to the question being asked though. I certainly wasn't trying to hide my views, I didn't state them because they didn't seem relevant.

I like Pearson, I like the current squad. Last year was amazing. But some fans need to get a grip. This is the clubs chance to grow and set foundations to move the club forward. There is literally tens of millions at stake. I'm at a loss as to why fans are so defensive of the current regime - I expected this season to be difficult, very difficult. But the manner of the defeats is embarrassing, we barely put together one decent attack together today. Never looked like scoring, and it hasn't been much better in previous games. Regardless of what NP has done for the club, and he deserves massive credit, you have to be realistic, the facts don't lie. We have barely had a shot on target in a number of games. And, in the great run we had! On another day Stoke would have had us well beaten, we were very lucky that day. I am normally extremely positive, stick by the manager etc but there seems to be a strange mentality amongst our fans that if you want pearson to stay your a) more knowledgable b) a better fan.

NP deserves QPR and Sunderland, but lose them and his time is up.

Most sensible post on this thread by far

I don't want Pearson out yet, but the stigma being attached to supporters who want him out is unjustifiable given how valid their criticisms are. 

I think the big swings in team selection and formation are unsettling what was a fairly stable side. That isn't helping. A switch to a more defensive approach hasn't worked either although the awful performances from our wingers makes it harder for him to pick them. We've also been unlucky at times and not got what we deserved in a few games, something that appears to have gone unsaid on this forum.

I don't how any of that's important to the question being asked though. I certainly wasn't trying to hide my views, I didn't state them because they didn't seem relevant.

There we go, you expressed your own view, rather than pee taking. Well done.

My view is that Pearson shouldn't be sacked. But we've seen these type of runs before and it can be discussed, rather than glossed over. If it continues along this vein, our confidence will be shot by Christmas.

Archived