Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbo17J2

Pearson has to go!

I don't like seeing managers to go but you have got to look at the team as a whole.

Last season we looked like a premier league team in the championship, now we look like a championship team in the premier league. We set up against teams with too much respect and play as if we're holding out for 1 chance like cup football.

The frustrating thing is we know how good our team can be and how well they play attacking yet it seems Pearson seems to restrict it from happening.

You watch the other teams and they play with a freedom, attack minded and create

Some very unintelligent people on here.

With this current crop of players I don't think it's as bad as people are making out. And also I don't see how any other manager coming in would suddenly change our fortunes, just think about it before coming out with ridiculous statements like 'he must go'. 

if the game plans is to not get beat. it is not working.

and can we stop with the man utd game. the reason we beat them is they tried to defend on the half way line and left space in behind. palace did the opposite and defended the 18 yard box as we looked clueless. as we have every game since.

You can't beat the best by playing open football can you, if you play openly you get thrashed by these teams.

Our game plan was to be negative and contain them for 90+ mins, sorry but that will not work and we will lose games without creating a chance. Rather we created some chances and lost to be honest, at least it shows ambition.

It wasn't to be negative, you have to be conservative playing very attacking form teams like Southampton who could of easily tore us a new one if we didn't play conservatively, it's to hold out and maybe get something extra, again, around the 60 - 75 mins mark we created more chances and looked in a much stronger position, that wouldn't have happened if we played 4 - 4 - 2 or variations as we'd be done and dusted already likely. All hypothetical, but Pearson knows what he's doing. 

I'd have preferred it to be 6-2 and have a go and play how we want than 2-0 parking the bus.

Then you're clueless.

If we can get a better manager in, by all means get rid.

We can, and his name is Tony Pulis. Won Premier League manager of the year last season, he has never been relegated as a manager, and he knows how to grind out results. Yes, his style of football is ugly like our current style but at least he has mastered it to perfection and can get results playing that way. Pearson has got the next two games to get no less then six points for me, any less and I'd like to see Pulis come in and try and turn this season around.

We can, and his name is Tony Pulis. Won Premier League manager of the year last season, he has never been relegated as a manager, and he knows how to grind out results. Yes, his style of football is ugly like our current style but at least he has mastered it to perfection and can get results playing that way. Pearson has got the next two games to get no less then six points for me, any less and I'd like to see Pulis come in and try and turn this season around.

Same as Pearson then.

FFS 11 matches into our first season in the prem in a decade and the doom merchants are out, all of you calling for his head were deluded if you thought this was going to be a cushy mid table season. He and the majority of players are finding their feet at the minute. If we do go down I couldn't think of anyone better to get us back up, especially with parachute payments etc. I seem to remember WBA bouncing between the top two divisions for a period of 5 years or so, didn't do them any harm.

All of you calling for him to be sacked, who replaces him and if we still get relegated who would you like in charge to bring us back up again?

I'm not saying he should go but the manner of the defeats is very worrying. We simply look absolutely clueless. Sadly you don't time to find your feet. The summer recruitment wasn't good enough and the manager has to take the blame for that. The Sunderland game is absolutely massive. A loss there and we are more than in trouble.

It's a results business, and since Manchester United his selections & tactics have been piss poor. Well he was the one who got us here, he has got us out of a mess before, well I'm afraid to say this isn't the bloody Championship anymore, this is the Premier League, a massive step up & right now he isn't handling it very well.

Just because we stormed the Championship, it doesn't mean the whole squad will instantly take the Premier League by storm. We have some players at this club who did extremely well last season, but look completely out of there depth when it comes to the Premier League. De Laet & Drinkwater have done bugger all so far, yet for some reason he sticks by them.

If he really thinks the team he played today is our best 11, then I'm really starting to lose faith, why on earth did he sign Simpson & Albrighton, when he is more than happy to stick with his favourites, who necessarily aren't good enough.

He has done wonders for this football club, but like other managers in the past, you can only take a team so far. I'd stick with him until Sunderland & maybe QPR and if we don't pick anything up from those games, then like it or not he will probably get his marching orders.  

If we sack him: Get a good manager who the players can get used to during the international break, assess the players through december and see who he wants to buy in january.

If we keep Pearson: ???

If we sack him: new manager loses vs. Sunderland and QPR. New manager wants to rebuy a whole squad. We spend a tonne and still go down. Gets sacked when we inevitably struggle early on in Championship. Rinse and repeat.

If we keep him: give him and the players the time to turn it around. We could start playing like we did earlier in the season.

There's so many situations that we can play this game all day. 

Ridiculous to say with certainty that a new manager will suddenly turn our fortunes around.

People wonder why there is a lack of loyalty in football. There's just as much of a lack of loyalty and patience coming from the terraces.

Just because we stormed the Championship, it doesn't mean the whole squad will instantly take the Premier League by storm.

So maybe they and perhaps even the manager need a bit of time to adapt? And maybe they deserve that because they stormed the Championship? Maybe a newly promoted side shouldn't be panicking about being in the bottom three with over two thirds of the season to go, for precisely that reason.

He has done wonders for this football club, but like other managers in the past, you can only take a team so far.

And if I remember correctly, from last time you were calling for his head, 3rd-6th in the Championship is as far as Nigel Pearson can take Leicester City Football Club. God knows why people don't listen to you all the time.

I don't understand what a new manager will do. It will take time for a new guy to settle in and understand the players. (Mind you Pearson seems to be learning the players at the mo).

It is expense we don't need.

How is it an expense we don't need? prem survival is a must tbh,

Managers are unattached: Pulis ( realistic), Moyes (maybe depending on whether he thinks we as a club have potentia with the Thais backing we do I believe) and Mancini ( pipe dream and very unrealistic, but if we could entice him than wow!)

How is it an expense we don't need? prem survival is a must tbh,

Managers are unattached: Pulis ( realistic), Moyes (maybe depending on whether he thinks we as a club have potentia with the Thais backing we do I believe) and Mancini ( pipe dream and very unrealistic, but if we could entice him than wow!)

Not financial but time.

I don't think any of the suggested names are necessarily better than Pearson. They are just 'big names'.

I doubt they could entice players here any more than Pearson could.

Same as Pearson then.

This is the Premier League now buddy, Pulis is a good manager at this level and has proven it with two different clubs both smaller then Leicester. Pearson is a good manager at Championship level. I hate to say it but I just don't think Nigel is good enough for this league, he is too naive. I wish things were different because I really did think we was on to something with Pearson.

Harry.. explain our dismal run..

In your own words..

Mark's quite correct though isn't he? If it's 'too early to judge' then people like him are spot on in their defence of the manager.

I think a fair amount of our bad run can indeed be attributed to Pearson's decisions. I just don't think that it's enough to warrant him being removed from his position.

At Prem level though.

This is the Premier League now buddy, Pulis is a good manager at this level and has proven it with two different clubs both smaller then Leicester. Pearson is a good manager at Championship level. I hate to say it but I just don't think Nigel is good enough for this league, he is too naive. I wish things were different because I really did think we was on to something with Pearson.

We can't say Nigel Pearson isn't a Premier League manager when he hasn't had a chance. Three months into a new position and some of you want him sacked? Well lets hope you never get promoted at work and face a challenge.

People ask for David Moyes. Do people not recall when he first joined Everton and they struggled? In fact the finished 17th when we were relegated in 2004.

He has to learn just like everybody else.

Remember in the summer we were linked with someone called Pele for about 8-10 million but that was crazy money and plenty on here questioned our ambition and then he went elsewhere. plenty on here were calling for the championship winning squad to be given a go so what do people want?

Get rid and replace with who? Pulis, Mancini do you want them and will they come and will they attract a better quality of player, with our start many expected us to be where we are, home form is what we need and lets get behind the team for Sunderland.

Not financial but time.

I don't think any of the suggested names are necessarily better than Pearson. They are just 'big names'.

I doubt they could entice players here any more than Pearson could.

After the International Break we have 11 league games before the next international break and imo sacking a manager half way through a season is a huge mistake, we either back NP or we sack him owners call, either way I want City to stay in this division.

Archived