Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbo17J2

Pearson has to go!

We owe a huge debt of gratitude to Pearson for the job he has done so far.

However this is pretty irrelevant to whether he stays or goes now.  Someone has to make a decision as to whether he is likely turn it around or whether someone else would do a better job of keeping us in this division.  

That is the only question.  

I'm not quite ready to say I personally prefer the latter yet, but if things continue as they are, it will be in my opinion, time to try someone else.

All the people who say give him Sunderland and QPR, why give two more games?

Youre either the right man, or youre not.

And Nigel Pearson is without doubt the right man, and the best manager for this club.

This reminds me of the Paulo Sousa period.

A rapid decline in performances and results leading to an early sacking of a manager.

I think it was right to get rid of Sousa, and the only thing stopping me thinking the same of Pearson is his record with the club so far, which is excellent.

But will sentimentality over his past achievements cloud people's judgement over the present and the future?

This reminds me of the Paulo Sousa period.

A rapid decline in performances and results leading to an early sacking of a manager.

I think it was right to get rid of Sousa, and the only thing stopping me thinking the same of Pearson is his record with the club so far, which is excellent.

But will sentimentality over his past achievements cloud people's judgement over the present and the future?

There's a difference in struggling in the Championship and struggling in the Premier League, though.

How long also depends on factors I have no idea about.

But I'll say this, are Palace, Burnley, Qpr, Villa, Sunderland looking to sack their manager?

We might go down playing as we all want us to, all I know is I'd rather go down having a go than playing it safe.

I would hazard a guess that Villa probably are considering it actually. Because like us they started well but are getting worse. QPR and Burnley both had poor starts but seem to be getting to grips with the league and are improving, and Sunderland are just hit and miss. We, on the other hand, are getting progressively worse it seems with absolutely no signs that things will get better. That is the worrying part for me.

Forgot to add I agree totally with your last paragraph. We all know we're going to lose a lot of games but lets at least lose whilst trying to win.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9556967?

“And after that think about our next game because for moments we played well but the other team had more chances and scored. We need to think positively heading into the next game.

“There are positives from this game because we played well in the first half with the ball and when defending.

“The second half started well but they had the ball and created chances so we need to forget about this game and think about the next.”

"Think about our next game because for moments we played well"

Leonardo Ulloa

As for reasons regarding Leicester’s poor recent form, he added: “No, I don’t know why we changed. I think it’s our mentality and different situations.

“We need to remember the first games against Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton. We need to remember this.

“We need the same intensity, the same chase and the same play with the ball. We need this again and we are not doing this at the moment and we need to do this now.”

Leicester are the worse team in the Premiership.

Pearson must go, our only chance !

Really? After last season and the start of this season, you seriously think that we are the worse team in the league. We are capable of so much. We are far from the worse, we just need to prove it

Guest seanfox778

For me, I'd like him in charge even if we get relegated. I think he'll get it right soon, I'm sure he's just as frustrated as we are and he's doing all he can to put it right. I don't get why people think someone out there will do better, this is Pearson's squad and if someone new comes in it'll destroy everything we've built over the last couple of years in my opinion.

How can anyone make a decision on whether he is likely to turn it round. No one on earth knows the answer to that. He can only be judged on his previous long term record and not on his possible future results. If We beat Sunderland and all of a sudden there's a bit of hope. This is just turning into a kangaroo court full of shit stirrers and Seanfromenderby's.

Maybe Pearson just needs help? A couple more coaches perhaps? I don't know how it works. 

Maybe we need a team psychologist? That'll be a tough job "So you beat Manchester United, and then you've been shit since? Tell me how that works?"

Archived