Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thegaffa

If Pearson gets sacked, who would or could realistically be our next manager?

Neil Lennon - former player had a good run think because he's been here and done it and knows Leicester...

Failing that think we need those monks to come back.. The ones they had before Man U

Neil Lennon managed a poor Celtic team with no other team in the division.

He does not have experience in England and is yet to prove himself in a team that isn't a given to win a league.

Putting 11 men behind the ball at Barcelona et al and trying to scrape a draw is not new-age management thinking - it's what any Celtic manager would have done.

No thanks.

If NP goes, and it's getting harder to see the owners putting up with these results eve as a huge NP fan, it has to be Pulis, for better or worse.

There IS an argument that people are looking too long term, actually.

The remit is Prem survival is it not? If it isn't, say what it is...

And it IS possible that someone else could come in soon, identify targets in Jan, sign them AND have us playing better.

Is it not possible? If not, say why.....

We could take a punt on a Neil Lennon or a Eddie Howe, with the express remit of survival. To be reviewed at the end of the season.

What is clear is either these players are just not up to scratch (maybe?) or that Pearson, unfortunately, has not get them playing to their best. Which is it? Or is it both?

For all those people who say stick with him, all those who don't have an equally strong argument.

The myth of consistency is exactly that..a myth.

If it's possible to bring someone in now, to reverse this appalling run of form, which is now, frankly embarrassing, then there is an argument to do so. One which is becoming ever stronger.

Yeah you could argue perhaps player's are not playing for him....? I have thought there is something not quite right for a while now. Konckaert has gone from hero to zero quite literally, is there something in that.....? I would like to hear from the owner's what there view is to where there loyalties lay with Pearson? as in give him the vote of confidence or say result's must improve or in other word's we will look else where. If Pearson is the man they want to take us forward then come January they need to spend 20 million if they are serious about us staying up.

Regrettably - it is probably both - but we won't change many players in Jan (it  is not a time for value).  More worrying is that I am unimpressed with the suggestions of who could to take over from Nigel (which would be more possible than changing the players).  To date, I believed the players support Nigel and so he was the best one to work with them and turn things around.  Today I realised his choice for the starting 11 look so strange I just can't think he is thinking straight.   The rest of the club see him floundering but no one has the balls to say let's get help in...  Nigel needs to sit with some objective helpers (not yes men) in a quiet room and come up with a plan for achieving survival - and then do it.  IF the club can't facilitate this level of crisis planning then may be they have to find a new manager (though I don't expect the current candidates will achieve survival...)

Pearson being obstinate, arrogant, and pigheaded, can't see this happening? If the Owners were to suggest this he'd probably throw a hissy fit and walk out!

Pearson being obstinate, arrogant, and pigheaded, can't see this happening? If the Owners were to suggest this he'd probably throw a hissy fit and walk out!

In all walks of life denial is dangerous - I have often been helped by positive criticism from mrs foxinsocks.... hard though it was at the time... and hard to admit now...

Hmmmmmmmm Eddie Howe great shout NOT.

Proven record to jump ship to a club that has an average gate of about 2k more than the club he was at.

Yes he may have talent but would gamble and use us to step up one.

And he may do that in 6 months if he turned us round and a slightly bigger side came in for him.

IMO fvck him bad choice he is back with his so called club that he walked out on let him fvcking stop with them.

Archived