LeicesterLuke91 Posted 2 February 2015 Posted 2 February 2015 So at least we did one piece of transfer deadline day activity by signing Huth on loan from Stoke until the end of the season. I know he's still banned for another game so we'll have to wait slightly longer, but who will he replace? For me personally as much as I like Wes Morgan he has to take a step back and reassess his game. His shot stopping is great but his decision making at times is awful, not to mention he lacks a decent ability to clear the ball to a safe area of the pitch. Adding Huth along side Wasyl will add height, prem experience and a better aerial threat from set pieces. The only question is does NP have the balls to drop his captain. Personally nobody is undroppable and I think this could prove a decisive area of thought for our manager. What are your opinions? Should he be dropped? If not then who else? If you were NP how would you implement Huth into the squad. My back 4 would be: Simpson - Wasyl - Huth - De Laet
Stadt Posted 2 February 2015 Posted 2 February 2015 So at least we did one piece of transfer deadline day activity by signing Huth on loan from Stoke until the end of the season. I know he's still banned for another game so we'll have to wait slightly longer, but who will he replace? For me personally as much as I like Wes Morgan he has to take a step back and reassess his game. His shot stopping is great but his decision making at times is awful, not to mention he lacks a decent ability to clear the ball to a safe area of the pitch. Adding Huth along side Wasyl will add height, prem experience and a better aerial threat from set pieces. The only question is does NP have the balls to drop his captain. Personally nobody is undroppable and I think this could prove a decisive area of thought for our manager. What are your opinions? Should he be dropped? If not then who else? If you were NP how would you implement Huth into the squad. My back 4 would be: Simpson - Wasyl - Huth - De Laet No wonder he keeps giving away penalties
LeicesterLuke91 Posted 2 February 2015 Author Posted 2 February 2015 No wonder he keeps giving away penalties Didn't realise getting hit in the face applied to the criteria of reasons for a penalty being given
Guest Cujek Posted 2 February 2015 Posted 2 February 2015 Regardless of anything, I think Wes needs a rest as much as anything, I dont think him being the captain will affect anyone to much. make Was captain, if he told me it was Christmas, i would be singing carols. As our local neighbourhood commentator once said.
ealingfox Posted 2 February 2015 Posted 2 February 2015 Some legs to the theory that he needs a rest. He may well be mentally and physically fatigued. At the start of the season he looked every bit like he could cut it in this league, pocketing Lukaku, Sanogo, Falcao and almost Costa as well early doors. This forum intently tracks the international appearances of Schmeichel, Mahrez, Schlupp etc but I think a lot of people forget that when the international breaks come around, Morgan is also off, and plays for Jamaica consistently a long way away, Japan, the Caribbean etc. Add to that he plays for us the whole 90 in pretty much every game and I could forgive him for being fatigued.
Jimmy Posted 2 February 2015 Posted 2 February 2015 if we sign Lennon I think Schlupp will be our left back
Stadt Posted 2 February 2015 Posted 2 February 2015 Didn't realise getting hit in the face applied to the criteria of reasons for a penalty being given Shot stopper? goalkeeper
LeicesterLuke91 Posted 2 February 2015 Author Posted 2 February 2015 Some legs to the theory that he needs a rest. He may well be mentally and physically fatigued. At the start of the season he looked every bit like he could cut it in this league, pocketing Lukaku, Sanogo, Falcao and almost Costa as well early doors. This forum intently tracks the international appearances of Schmeichel, Mahrez, Schlupp etc but I think a lot of people forget that when the international breaks come around, Morgan is also off, and plays for Jamaica consistently a long way away, Japan, the Caribbean etc. Add to that he plays for us the whole 90 in pretty much every game and I could forgive him for being fatigued. Completely agree fatigue could be an underlying issue. I also agree with a the start Morgan looked like he could handle the majority of what the premier league had to throw at him. I just feel it we are to survive then starting from the back working forwards is the appropriate measure. Suring up the defence will hopefully mean more time on the attack Shot stopper? goalkeeper You know what I meant
Monsell1976 Posted 2 February 2015 Posted 2 February 2015 It will be shocking if huth doesn't replace Morgan, and big was is replaced. I think was and huth would be a solid pairing, but time will tell.
Witch Posted 2 February 2015 Posted 2 February 2015 captain is undroppable. simple as. Nope. The armband does not give the bench immunity.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot Posted 2 February 2015 Posted 2 February 2015 Love the guy, but if Huth is here to play, between the 2 you need to keep Was in the 11, no questions.
sylofox Posted 2 February 2015 Posted 2 February 2015 Is Wes our second highest scorer? Seems to have been on the score sheet a few times all be it the wrong end. Don't blame him as he is trying to block shots but seems very unlucky.
weller54 Posted 2 February 2015 Posted 2 February 2015 Absolutely needs a break!!... Dropped.. Call it what you want!... Think Huth will replace him!
Matt Posted 2 February 2015 Posted 2 February 2015 I mentioned earlier in the season I didn't think he was captain material and I stick by that.
sylofox Posted 2 February 2015 Posted 2 February 2015 Nope. The armband does not give the bench immunity. In most clubs you are right. Seems in ours Nige has a liking for some. Not anti Nige but do think he needs to sort out his loyalty to players and what is best for the club. If he really thinks Vardy Wes and Drinky are going to save us fine but they need to start and do that. Albrighton and hamer should be first choice too. I do hope Nige sorts this but starting to think he could be out of his comfort zone.
Snooty Fox Posted 2 February 2015 Posted 2 February 2015 I'd stick with Morgan and Wasilewski against Palace, Huth isn't match fit. See how he trains etc but if he's to come into the side for either of the two, I'd email dropping Morgan.
reynard Posted 2 February 2015 Posted 2 February 2015 I'd stick with Morgan and Wasilewski against Palace, Huth isn't match fit. See how he trains etc but if he's to come into the side for either of the two, I'd email dropping Morgan. He's banned for the Palace match. He's better and much more experienced at this level than any defender we have. No point in signing him if he isn't going to play.
weller54 Posted 2 February 2015 Posted 2 February 2015 He's banned for the Palace match. He's better and much more experienced at this level than any defender we have. No point in signing him if he isn't going to play. Nice easy debut.. Away at Arsenal!
lgfualol Posted 2 February 2015 Posted 2 February 2015 The only thing I will miss with Morgan is that he blocks so many shots. I feel he isn't playing well though, and being bottom of the league we can't keep playing poor performing players. Maybe Huth will put bring some calm to our back four and help organise it better.
Matt Posted 2 February 2015 Posted 2 February 2015 and being bottom of the league we can't keep playing poor performing players. We've got to play someone though... That's why it's so frustrating we've hardly signed anyone today/this window, in reality we need a new team, we've signed hardly anyone.
dannythefox Posted 2 February 2015 Posted 2 February 2015 needs to be dropped imo always makes big mistakes give Huth a run of 5 games he's not come here to be on the bench and the Waz doesn't deserve to be dropped.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.