Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
LeicesterLuke91

Drop Wes?

Recommended Posts

Posted

If Huth is fit he needs to play. Unless we go 352 that'll surely mean Wes gets dropped. So be it. I like the guy but Was has adapted far better.

Posted

captain is undroppable. simple as.

Well strip him of the captaincy or face relegation as week after week he makes comical mistakes that cost us.

Posted

Was has consistently outperformed Wes. Huth has a lot of experience and can lead perfectly well. In my eyes the captain can be dropped. However I don't think Pearson's mind works like that, I reckon he will drop Wasyl.

Posted

Was has consistently outperformed Wes. Huth has a lot of experience and can lead perfectly well. In my eyes the captain can be dropped. However I don't think Pearson's mind works like that, I reckon he will drop Wasyl.

From what I have seen this season, sounds about right or Huth will warm the bench.

No one knows bar Nige on this one.

Posted

Dont like the word dropped for Wes...lets cal it taking a well(ish) earned break!

Posted

Some legs to the theory that he needs a rest. He may well be mentally and physically fatigued. At the start of the season he looked every bit like he could cut it in this league, pocketing Lukaku, Sanogo, Falcao and almost Costa as well early doors.

This forum intently tracks the international appearances of Schmeichel, Mahrez, Schlupp etc but I think a lot of people forget that when the international breaks come around, Morgan is also off, and plays for Jamaica consistently a long way away, Japan, the Caribbean etc. Add to that he plays for us the whole 90 in pretty much every game and I could forgive him for being fatigued.

Good post Ealing

Some legs to the theory that he needs a rest. He may well be mentally and physically fatigued. At the start of the season he looked every bit like he could cut it in this league, pocketing Lukaku, Sanogo, Falcao and almost Costa as well early doors.

This forum intently tracks the international appearances of Schmeichel, Mahrez, Schlupp etc but I think a lot of people forget that when the international breaks come around, Morgan is also off, and plays for Jamaica consistently a long way away, Japan, the Caribbean etc. Add to that he plays for us the whole 90 in pretty much every game and I could forgive him for being fatigued.

Good post Ealing
Posted

Writing 'this' to your own post 6 minutes later lol

 

Captain is certainly droppable. What a strange way of thinking. if he was to have an absolute mare for a run of games would you still not drop him? The captaincy in football doesnt really mean anything anyway. Not like in Cricket where the captaincy is a much bigger deal.

 

I actually dont think Wes has done that bad a job but unfortunately if one of our CB's is to be dropped it would have to be Wes. Im interested to see what Pearson does cause he certainly likes Morgan.

Posted

did anyone listen to talksport yesterday? basically said Huth was a great signing for us and should actually walk into our team because dispite Morgans heart and teamwork he just is not very good at all at this level! lol

Posted

did anyone listen to talksport yesterday? basically said Huth was a great signing for us and should actually walk into our team because dispite Morgans heart and teamwork he just is not very good at all at this level! lol

I bet it was Adrian Durham. He doesn't like Morgan or Pearson. Ran a show a few weeks ago declaring Pearson should be sacked after he swore at the fan and also said 'he doesn't know what he's doing. How on earth does he rate Morgan above the best centre half Leicester have, Liam Moore'

Posted

I bet it was Adrian Durham. He doesn't like Morgan or Pearson. Ran a show a few weeks ago declaring Pearson should be sacked after he swore at the fan and also said 'he doesn't know what he's doing. How on earth does he rate Morgan above the best centre half Leicester have, Liam Moore'

 

was at 5 o clock drive home so was goughy and someone else (maybe him) !!

Guest Bob Hazels shorts
Posted

Pearson dropped Wasyl in favor of Moore who needs more time and has always said that Morgan is a big influence in the changing room.

 

Huth and Upson have done nothing all season and may not just drop in and be the answer. Huth 5-6 games and allowed to leave a team in danger of the drop and Upson who looks half the player he was. Will either of them hit the ground running? Huth I'm hoping will in part games.

 

Dropping Wasyl and keeping Wes for either of these would be right up there with the host of stupid moves Pearson has made recently.

 

Even the most deluded of fans may turn.

Posted

Pearson dropped Wasyl in favor of Moore who needs more time and has always said that Morgan is a big influence in the changing room.

 

Huth and Upson have done nothing all season and may not just drop in and be the answer. Huth 5-6 games and allowed to leave a team in danger of the drop and Upson who looks half the player he was. Will either of them hit the ground running? Huth I'm hoping will in part games.

 

Dropping Wasyl and keeping Wes for either of these would be right up there with the host of stupid moves Pearson has made recently.

 

Even the most deluded of fans may turn.

 

I agree with everything you say here but, come on, people aren't deluded for not turning on the manager yet. That is what you're implying. 

Posted

Was and Huth for me both hard as nails certainly won't get bullied. Morgan reminds me of that guy from dad's army the one that's says don't panic! Everything he does is all last ditch stuff we need some composure at the back then hopefully that should spread through the team.

Posted

It's a huge dilemma .... I'm sure NP is thinking it too ..... 

 

Drop your captain to start your new player???

 

It goes against everything NP does to integrate the player and ensure team moral ...... But is the obvious thing to do.

 

Interesting selection for Palace. My money is on Wes getting a knock in training on friday that rules him out of the game.

Posted

I've been saying this for a while, drop him and make Cambiasso captain.  With all his experience, it's a no brainer.  My CB partnership would be Huth (after his ban) with Was or Moore.

Posted

I agree with the OP's back four.

 

Simpson, Wasilewski, Huth, De Laet

 

Simpson has done pretty well at right back since coming in, Wasilewski has been comfortably the best centre back all season, Huth has a tonne of premiership experience and has been a solid defender at this level for many years now and De Laet is better than Konchesky at left back (I do wish we'd signed a left back). 

 

Schlupp could drop into left back but then I feel we are playing him out of his best position and where he has been most effective.

 

Huth 5-6 games and allowed to leave a team in danger of the drop and Upson who looks half the player he was. Will either of them hit the ground running? Huth I'm hoping will in part games.

 

How has Huth left a team in danger of the drop? Stoke are 10th! Huth is a good bit of business for us and tbh in our situation a bit of a coup - Its not like he's a shabby option we flapped at in a panic!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...