Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Knockaert leaving in June - Signed for Standard Liège

i never said he'd been frozen out, I simply said I could see why people think it.

So you agree he hasn't been frozen out. 

Don't know, I'm on my phone and can't be bothered checking. You're missing the point though. Schlupp and mahrez get MOTMs, then, especially Schlupp, are pathetically bad for months but don't get dropped. Knocky got MOTM, was below par (like the whole team) next time out (in ONE game) and has barely made the bench in the 10 weeks since.

Many of us disagree with you.

i wouldn't say he's been frozen out, but on the basis of, as i keep saying, 3 starts (one win, one draw, one defeat), one of which he was voted official motm and came second with a very favourable mark on this forum, one of which he was definitely not fully fit, i can't see how on earth anyone can judge him as "not good enough" nor not at least deserving of a chance from time to time whilst both riyad and schlupp have underperformed in parts (some large parts) of the season. 

we've seen vardy out wide, kram spending more time out wide than through the middle in games, no wingers at all, wing backs asked to cover both positions, nugent in the hole, king in the hole, nobody in an attacking position at all and even a midfield diamond of four centre mids all ahead of just playing knockaert. he must be turning up to training, having a wank over pearson's daughter, eating the food and going home again to deserve the lack of opportunities he's had this year. 

i wouldn't say he's been frozen out, but on the basis of, as i keep saying, 3 starts (one win, one draw, one defeat), one of which he was voted official motm and came second with a very favourable mark on this forum, one of which he was definitely not fully fit, i can't see how on earth anyone can judge him as "not good enough" nor not at least deserving of a chance from time to time whilst both riyad and schlupp have underperformed in parts (some large parts) of the season. 

we've seen vardy out wide, kram spending more time out wide than through the middle in games, no wingers at all, wing backs asked to cover both positions, nugent in the hole, king in the hole, nobody in an attacking position at all and even a midfield diamond of four centre mids all ahead of just playing knockaert. he must be turning up to training, having a wank over pearson's daughter, eating the food and going home again to deserve the lack of opportunities he's had this year. 

And as I keep saying it amazes me that you feel that judgement should be made on a player based on 135 mins over a whole season whereas the coaches (note the plural form) have watched him for more than that (on average) every day of the year. It's the job that they are trained for and paid for and personally I believe that they make the decisions that are best for the club at the time.

Vardy has so much more pace than Knocky, oh what'sthe point in going through your list.

I trust the guys who watch them day in day out to make the decisions over some fan. I don't buy into the stupid favouritism conspiracies especially when all team members continually declare who good things are behind the scene.

But not surprised at his decision, been given very little game time in the premiership. I wish him all the best.

Again, perhaps his decision to go was made a year or so ago and THAT is the reason he's not played much.

From L'Equipe today:

Anthony Knockaert to Standard Liège

Established only three times in the Premier League this season, Anthony Knockaert failed to raise its level to that of the Premier League. Trained at Guingamp, who was the best player for Leicester City in English D2 should leave the club next summer. Free of any contract, the french environment of 23 years should join Standard Liège for a period of four years.

Don't know what everyone's worrying about, Tony's going, Mahrez might, but hey we have still got the man you all want in the side......Albrighton......we'll find out just how good he is.......

If knockeart and mahrez go that's all the flair gone in the side it makes me wonder if Pearson knows he is going and is leaving the next guy a mountain of problems to sort out.

From L'Equipe today:

Anthony Knockaert to Standard Liège

Established only three times in the Premier League this season, Anthony Knockaert failed to raise its level to that of the Premier League. Trained at Guingamp, who was the best player for Leicester City in English D2 should leave the club next summer. Free of any contract, the french environment of 23 years should join Standard Liège for a period of four years.

The best player.....erm ok

Good luck to him. He was a breath of fresh air when he arrived, for years we'd lacked any kind of flair player like him. Poorly managed by Pearson this season has cost him. A cult hero for years to come in my eyes.

yeah with a different manager he would be a £40 million world beater now, single handedly dragging us towards the Europa league.

yeah with a different manager he would be a £40 million world beater now, single handedly dragging us towards the Europa league.

I'm not implying that. I'm implying that Knockaert should have much more of an involvement in this side. Remember the last time we won a premier league game back in January? Our wingers were Knockaert and Albrighton... dropped the game after and banished to the Under-21s after both put great shifts in. Poor management.

I'm interested to know what formation we would play and who we would drop to accommodate Knocky on the run in?

4-2-3-1 With Knocky floating behind the striker.

Schmeichel

Konchesky

Huth

Morgan

De Laet

James

Cambiasso

Vardy

Knockaert

Nugent

Kramaric

Attack attack attack

I think knocky is better at getting out of tight spots, twisting and turning and that. Pretty much everything else Mahrez is better. Except Mahrez doesn't seem that bothered about this season any more.

If you're playing in the hole, which he would be if he was playing behind the striker, he wouldn't really ever be in a tight spot because you play between the lines on defence and midfield, that's the whole point of playing behind a striker. 

Archived