Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Knockaert leaving in June - Signed for Standard Liège

How do you know a contract hasn't been on the table since the summer?

He said in the controversial mistranslated interview didn't he, or am I misremembering? Thought he said that he was expecting to be offered one over the summer and was thinking he'd sign it

We should have sold him in the summer and cashed in... Or at least offered him a new contract then.

A cracking free transfer for any team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First signing on championship manager next season for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

This is sad news but only to be expected.

All players move on eventually but I really hope he goes and does well over there. Some great memories such as Huddersfield, Forest away and pretty much everytime he left a full back on their arse. A great player in the Championship but maybe just lacking something extra at this level. Good luck Knocky!

One of the most overrated players I've ever seen at Leicester.

Not too bothered about his departure, especially with the way Albrighton's playing atm. He had a good first season and that's it, we have better & will replace him with better.

Personally I like the guy, always seemed very passionate. Some decent quality, but nowhere near a finished article. Still has a lot to learn to be close to Premiership quality.

If we are mathematically safe by the QPR game (unlikely). Do you give him a 15 minute run out?

If we're safe he can start for all I care.

He was good at times always thought he was overrated by many fans though, he isn't the quickest and struggles to get past a man.

I will always like the guy as his commitment was always there just hasn't worked out in the Prem for him.

Simply not strong enough to carve out a position for himself in the prem. Too slow for the wing or to be a forward and too much messing about to trust with a central midfield role.

He's a good championship player in a strong team, but he's limited. Sad though, as he was kind of talismanic of a new era of attacking and often creative football.

Overrated so badly, was alright but nothing special even in our promotion season, to slow and weak and took far too long to do stuff.Heart was in the right place though, and he always put in a shift, so I wish him well.

He wasn't in our top 3 wingers in our promotion season and i'd probably put him 5th/6th choice now.

Yes he's a ****ing hero and a top bloke. But he's over rated and not good enough for the Premier League.

Still think he's worth about a million so it's a shame we're losing him on a free.

Still pissed off and sad he's leaving. The fact other players have stepped up an improved recently means I can complain he's not playing as the players currently in the side deserves and warrant their places, that doesn't stop me moaning about the fact he hasn't had a chance and he probably should have given how we were a month or two ago.

Ah I'll miss him loads. Some cracking memories, outrageous and important goals and always had a smile on his face which is quite rare for a footballer these days. Hope he goes on and does well. If we're in the prem next year then this is definitely the best move for him.

Archived