Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Knockaert leaving in June - Signed for Standard Liège

No bad words from me. Enjoyed watching him play, particularly in his first season when some of his tricks were worth the admission fee. Wish him well and hope that he can enjoy his football in Belgium. He always gave it his all, but maybe not quite got all the physical attributes that would allow him to make the step up in the Premier League.  

I think the derogatory comments on this page are a bit out of order. Granted, he hasn't set the Premier League alight (and had little chance to prove his worth), but the negativity is uncalled for.

He was one of our pillars of our Championship title season and gave us great joy and a couple of memorable goals, as well.

Personally, I still hope this transfer rumour is only hot air and he'll be able to really prove himself.

If not, all the best in Belgium, Knocky.

I don't think my own stance towards Tony has ever been derogatory, though it may be construed that way. There is no room for sentiment, he obviously just isn't part of the managers plans so keeping him here is a waste of money for us and a waste of a Football career for Tony. He will do well somewhere else and I hope he has a fabulous career somewhere, but it was apparent a long time ago that career will not be here.

Love tony, will always remember him as the bright spark in Leicester's resurgence after a few false dawns. I still think he would have come good, it's taken a few players a while to adjust to premier league. Come on knockaert, stay and prove yourself here.

I have to confess, I think he lived off his initial burst of form for a long time, and struggled as soon as sides became aware that he was a threat. I was concerned that he'd struggle in the PL during our discussions last season (though the fact that I said this doesn't mean anything - I'm wrong about LOTS of stuff), and felt he looked like a liability in his early cameos this seasons. That said, he had a couple of good outings post-Christmas and was unlucky - like Albrighton - to be marginalised thereafter. Perhaps Albrighton responded better to the challenge, who knows.

The Premier League is a hard business.  There is just no room for any ambiguity about what you bring to the side.  Obviously Knockaert brought a lot to us in our promotion run.  But he hasn't been convincing enough to get into the side consistently in this tough season where we have needed every possible advantage to even have a chance of survival.  And next year, the standard of what we expect will only go up, and heroes of this year will become not good enough next.  Good luck to him. 

Heart...effort and a passion for the side.

He also was a bright spark of creativity in a time when we didnt have a lot of that,

Thanks Knocky Im glad you played for Leicester City.

According to the French "L'équipe" he is all but gone to Belgium:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Anthony-knockaert-leicester-ira-au-standard-liege/556371

Also, try and see if you can get some of the comments at the bottom...

For example, one user is saying that "in the worst case, Knockaert could be loaned out to Charlton straightaway if not deemed good enough for Standard". :ph34r:

Thanks for the memories knocky.

The free kick that sealed the deal.

F word

Watford away. No not that one.

Shame as if he knuckled down and brought into the hard work ethic, such as he did v villa at home this season, he still had a lot to offer.

Maybe he was pearsons juan mata.

Heart...effort and a passion for the side.

He also was a bright spark of creativity in a time when we didnt have a lot of that,

Thanks Knocky Im glad you played for Leicester City.

This. If he had a bit of pace he'd be indispensable

genuinely might cry. gutted. absolutely love tony.

That's what Knocky thought, you two timing ****  :D

A very popular and decent player. We have moved onwards and upwards but Knocky hasn't. We need bigger and stronger players to cope with the rigours of the premiership. Because of this he's unlikely to get many games next season either. 

Still pissed off and sad he's leaving. The fact other players have stepped up an improved recently means I can complain he's not playing as the players currently in the side deserves and warrant their places, that doesn't stop me moaning about the fact he hasn't had a chance and he probably should have given how we were a month or two ago.

Find myself agreeing on this, I dont believe he was given a fair chance 5 - 8 game involvement at least.

Especially in our very poor months, not even seeing the bench.

Maybe im on my own here cos he isnt a 'legend' or anything, but will be big in the history of the club for aslong as the clubs alive. Maybe if we're safe by the QPR game he'll get a little cameo towards the end, or even a start, as im sure theres plenty of people who will wanna show him we appreciated him. Personally love the lad, bit of pace and he'd maybe be better equipped for the Prem. Some good memories, some not so

Archived