Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Knockaert leaving in June - Signed for Standard Liège

What's all this "frozen out" stuff.

He hasn't been good enough to make the team.

based on what? he was given 64 minutes when he wasn't fit vs everton and was neither great or shocking. then didn't start another game for 4 months, then was man of the match, started one more game and hasn't been seen since. not really a fair crack of the whip, nor can anyone judge on that that he's "not good enough to make the team". 

3 starts, 4 points, 1 man of the match. pretty good ratio. considering the amount of 3s and 4s schlupp and mahrez get in the ratings threads and the amount of below par performances both have offered (especially the former) it's not too crazy to claim he's been "frozen out". 

Lawrence has been shocking in his cameos. So I have no idea what you are on about with that one.

Whilst Knockers started all off two games, one of which was a very good showing in the win against Villa. He's not had a fair crack of the whip, when we have been crying out for creativity.

I disagree, but that's just like.. my opinion man!

What's all this "frozen out" stuff.

He hasn't been good enough to make the team.

Jesus, he must how took a downward turn in form is he hasn't been good enough given who've we had in the team that some people have considered good enough - if that's what's good enough you're standards aren't very high.

Can I ask how do you know he hasn't been good enough?

Are you one of these that come up with the 'Pearson see's them in training everyday' (Therefore we must trust him) comments?

Ok, spin the question on me? How do I know he's good enough? I don't, but i'd have like to have seen him given a chance given the shite who get played week in, week out, besides i'll agree with ScouseFox reasoning as to why he should be given a chance.

based on what? he was given 64 minutes when he wasn't fit vs everton and was neither great or shocking. then didn't start another game for 4 months, then was man of the match, started one more game and hasn't been seen since. not really a fair crack of the whip, nor can anyone judge on that that he's "not good enough to make the team".

3 starts, 4 points, 1 man of the match. pretty good ratio. considering the amount of 3s and 4s schlupp and mahrez get in the ratings threads and the amount of below par performances both have offered (especially the former) it's not too crazy to claim he's been "frozen out".

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Well, I could have, I'd have used capital letters where appropriate.

Ive actually met him twice (which i put in an earlier post) and know a few other people who have met him on seperate occasions with the same outcome.

When i watch him play football it screams arrogance and my contact with him has also shown an arrogant attitude. Therefore i have come to a sensible conclusion (imo) that he is an arrogant person.

As far as im concerned my judging of him is warranted in the way he has acted on the field and to me personally.

Fair enough, I can still imagine a scenario of a lad like Knockaert still struggling adapting to the surroundings at Leicester - despite him being with the squad for a while now.

I think part of it is down to language issues - I know he understands and speaks English, but on a basic level.

There's plenty of cases of people/footballers who appear "arrogant" on the outside, but who actually use that attitude to cover their own insecurity.

Knocky's going through a bad spell with few appearances, so I guess that does reflect on his private behaviour as a consequence.

Ive actually met him twice (which i put in an earlier post) and know a few other people who have met him on seperate occasions with the same outcome.

When i watch him play football it screams arrogance and my contact with him has also shown an arrogant attitude. Therefore i have come to a sensible conclusion (imo) that he is an arrogant person.

As far as im concerned my judging of him is warranted in the way he has acted on the field and to me personally.

Good stuff cuz the twice I met him he was nothing but polite and seemed pleased to chat.

Even when a pissed up me handed him a duff pen in front of his now wife and his mates after about 13 hours on the pissed in London.

I like him. So he's alright with me.

If you're referring to an earlier interview, I can guarantee you it was both badly translated and his quotes taken out of context.

I also find it pretty interesting that you tend to judge a player based on one occasion only - sure, first impression and all that. Still, if you want to give a more truthful testament to their personality, you want to meet people more often to form a more comprehensive picture.

If some oddball comes up to me of an evening I tend to give them a wide berth. I agree, don't form an opinion on a one off meeting when you do not know the person or his personality

One thing Anthony is not is arrogant. You have read that completely wrong. Probably he might be unsure of someone coming up to him that he does not know, but I can assure you he is not arrogant in any way.

Gutted to see him leave. Worryingly we could have significantly worse wingers then we did last season in the championship.

Knockaert, Mahrez and Dyer last year to potentially Albrighton, Schlupp and Lawrence. This is against a backdrop of championship teams improving and we appear to be loosing quality.

Anyone actually thinking Knockaert was worthy of man of the match v Villa lol

That was decided by twitter and roundly laughed at on here when announced originally.

Oh, in that case with all the experts on here......... :)

Very good player treated badly by manager and not given a chance, who no doubt will go on to have a decent career elsewhere, quite possibly a more successful one than the idiot who has mismanaged him.

One thing Anthony is not is arrogant. You have read that completely wrong. Probably he might be unsure of someone coming up to him that he does not know, but I can assure you he is not arrogant in any way.

This night out was planned even before the newcastle game which Pearson gave his approval of so he knew he was gonna meet some leicester fans. Just a hello would have been nice but he literally looked at us and completely blanked all of us after Moore had introduced us to him. So im sure you can understand the reason why ive read the situation as him being arrogant. Maybe we caught him on an off day after the Newcastle game not going to plan. He maybe had thought we would have a go or something. Ive always seen him as arrogant on the pitch so it wasnt difficult in my eyes to put 2 and 2 together.

Unfortunately my meetings with him have left a bad impression. Hence why i couldnt care less whether he stays or goes. I would love nothing more than for him to stay and prove himself to be a great player but if he goes then fine by me.

Anyone actually thinking Knockaert was worthy of man of the match v Villa lol

That was decided by twitter and roundly laughed at on here when announced originally.

so he got the clubs MOTM and was second in the match ratings thread (voted by 365 people on here) with a rating of 7.7/10, marginally behind "our" MOTM of wasyl at 7.95.

not sure what everyone on here was laughing at?

so he got the clubs MOTM and was second in the match ratings thread (voted by 365 people on here) with a rating of 7.7/10, marginally behind "our" MOTM of wasyl at 7.95.

Perhaps the idiots on twitter crept on here and voted.

I watched the Villa game and thought he played very well as did many of the other players on that day. MOTM is pointless to try and use as a justification on why he should stay. They are always open to interpretation.

For me its a shame he's leaving as he has been a bloody good player for us. If he had a run in the team this year, i'm sure he wouldnt have been much different to many others (play well in some games and not in others).

Players like him are rare. Flair players dont often have the work ethic that he does (Mahrez is certainly not on the same level where that is concerned) and he cannot be faulted for that.

It is a shame but players come and go. Lawrence has already showed in his loan spell that he can operate at Championship level and if Albrighton and Schlupp stay, we'll be fine returning to a 4-4-2 with Nuge and Vardy up front.

I watched the Villa game and thought he played very well as did many of the other players on that day. MOTM is pointless to try and use as a justification on why he should stay. They are always open to interpretation.

For me its a shame he's leaving as he has been a bloody good player for us. If he had a run in the team this year, i'm sure he wouldnt have been much different to many others (play well in some games and not in others).

Players like him are rare. Flair players dont often have the work ethic that he does (Mahrez is certainly not on the same level where that is concerned) and he cannot be faulted for that.

It is a shame but players come and go. Lawrence has already showed in his loan spell that he can operate at Championship level and if Albrighton and Schlupp stay, we'll be fine returning to a 4-4-2 with Nuge and Vardy up front.

I think what's counted against his is not getting a solid left back in to replace Konch. If you had someone of real quality there then we might have been more willing to play him knowing his support of the left back isn't going to be great. As it is, Schlupp can offer the support to a weaker left back due to his pace, whilst also offering an attacking threat.

Having said that, my gut feeling is that he was always going to be off this summer no matter what and the management knew it, adding to limited inclusions.

I think what's counted against his is not getting a solid left back in to replace Konch. If you had someone of real quality there then we might have been more willing to play him knowing his support of the left back isn't going to be great. As it is, Schlupp can offer the support to a weaker left back due to his pace, whilst also offering an attacking threat.

Having said that, my gut feeling is that he was always going to be off this summer no matter what and the management knew it, adding to limited inclusions.

agree 100%

I'd suggest it's based on training and practice sessions. Of course.

And your basis for the conspiracy theory of "Frozen out" is?

How many Motm has Schluup had? You know the guy keeping him out of the team whom some of you seem to hate?

Or maybe he should replace Mahrez?

I'd suggest it's based on training and practice sessions. Of course.

And your basis for the conspiracy theory of "Frozen out" is?

i never said he'd been frozen out, I simply said I could see why people think it.

How many Motm has Schluup had? You know the guy keeping him out of the team whom some of you seem to hate?

Or maybe he should replace Mahrez?

Don't know, I'm on my phone and can't be bothered checking. You're missing the point though. Schlupp and mahrez get MOTMs, then, especially Schlupp, are pathetically bad for months but don't get dropped. Knocky got MOTM, was below par (like the whole team) next time out (in ONE game) and has barely made the bench in the 10 weeks since.

Archived