Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Knockaert leaving in June - Signed for Standard Liège

Would be disappointed to see him leave. Think he's been greatly under-used this season and now is around the time that he should be used to give him the remaining games to get a bit of Premier League experience with the view to possibly returning in a year or two. The same applies to Moore IMO - get him back, give him the game time ahead of Upson to allow him a bit more experience at this level.

I think you're probably a bit over - expectant. I think Pearson will continue to churn out pretty much the same team until the end. Certainly v West Ham.

Even if we are relegated, I'd be surprised to not see Cambiasso, Morgan and Upson in the side on the final game.

Guest MattP

Shame - Although I don't believe he was good enough for this level he certainly didn't get a fair crack given some of the performances our other wingers have put in this season.

Being dropped after the Villa game sent an absolutely appalling message to the squad.

I think you're probably a bit over - expectant. I think Pearson will continue to churn out pretty much the same team until the end. Certainly v West Ham.

Even if we are relegated, I'd be surprised to not see Cambiasso, Morgan and Upson in the side on the final game.

Wrong thread but I think upson's lack of pace against spurs which brought on was second half might see was start against west ham

Why are some fans blaming Pearson on this?

Knockaert fvcked himself over by performing poorly at times last season, why would Pearson want to play a guy who is capable of losing the ball endless times, and tries too hard by thinking he is Lionel Messi.

Yes he did get a chance and he performed pretty well, but in terms of attacking play he was lacklustre and lacked pace, his defensive play was better in all honesty.

At the end of the day people would prefer Mahrez over Knockaert, Schlupp came back went straight back in and was performing well, Albrighton did well himself and I'd probably have him over Knockaert also.

His days look to be limited, and him leaving, wouldn't be the end of the world.

If you ignored the impact he had when he first arrived and his likeable persona, I don't think anyone would be that bothered about him leaving.

If he had pace and bit more of a footballing brain he would be a fantastic player.

My worry with him going is that he is capable of conjuring up a bit of magic to break down heavy defences, something that we will face a lot of next season.

The only reason he tends to get slated is because of his lack of pace. 

Yes he loses the ball a lot but who hasn't this season? 

I think it's unfair he hasn't been given a fair chance this season after last. But thats my view and obviously Pearson has seen something we haven't. If he does leave, good luck to him!

wtf why was my post deleted?

I'll be proper sad if tony leaves after this season considering what could've been. he's gone from one of our most exciting players in a decade, an integral part of our best team in a decade, giving us ridiculous ups and downs whilst becoming a cult hero almost immediately to just disappearing.

he's definitely in my top 5 favourite city players ever. i hope he stays and plays.

wtf why was my post deleted?

I'll be proper sad if tony leaves after this season considering what could've been. he's gone from one of our most exciting players in a decade, an integral part of our best team in a decade, giving us ridiculous ups and downs whilst becoming a cult hero almost immediately to just disappearing.

he's definitely in my top 5 favourite city players ever. i hope he stays and plays.

I'm completely with you! He was such a promising talent.

How depressing that would be.

first day of next season, 1-0 loss away at preston and the most exciting thing we'll see all game is albrighton run in a straight line and overhit a cross. CAN'T WAIT. 

Why are some fans blaming Pearson on this?

Knockaert fvcked himself over by performing poorly at times last season, why would Pearson want to play a guy who is capable of losing the ball endless times, and tries too hard by thinking he is Lionel Messi.

Yes he did get a chance and he performed pretty well, but in terms of attacking play he was lacklustre and lacked pace, his defensive play was better in all honesty.

At the end of the day people would prefer Mahrez over Knockaert, Schlupp came back went straight back in and was performing well, Albrighton did well himself and I'd probably have him over Knockaert also.

His days look to be limited, and him leaving, wouldn't be the end of the world.

Nah, it's Pearson's fault.

If he prefers Schlupp to him then he needs no explanation for why we are so shit. It's that kind of decision making that has been our downfall.

Even Mahrez, what has the guy done to make him so undroppable in the eyes of many? He flatters to deceive far more often than he has an end product.

We're obviously going back to the Championship where Knocky is a top player. There has also been no evidence to prove he's not up to Premiership standard, he simply has not been given a chance.

This is just another reason why Pearson needed the chop weeks/months ago.

Archived