Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Knockaert leaving in June - Signed for Standard Liège

Pearson doesn't know how to manage creative players... blocky will do better elsewhere... we will be poorer without his commitment and creativity. In his last game in Jan I thought he chased back and was a handful going fwd. Cumin nigel draw a line and keep him at the club and on the pitch...

I think Tom Lawrence has looked better in his time on the pitch than Knockaert has this season.

Remember that dreadful League Cup appearance?

If Knockaert goes - I think we're in safe hands with Albrighton / Schlupp / Lawrence and potentially Mahrez on the wings - especially with Vardy starting to emerge as an effective Left sided player, his loss isn't irreplaceable.

Knockaert is so far down the pecking order as an attacking player, and I think it's been fully justified this season. He only managed to get so many games on the right side last season because there was very little competition, the sale of Marshall made it Knockaert's to lose. He lost it to Mahrez' stronger side this season and towards the end of last season, and Schlupp developing as an effective left winger also keeps Knockaert way down the list.

Sorry to burst your bubble - I do think he's an effective player and would like to see him in the 18 next season, but the reality is he'll go and do well elsewhere, an admirable servant to the club in his tenure on the wing.

Lawrence has been shocking in his cameos. So I have no idea what you are on about with that one.

Whilst Knockers started all off two games, one of which was a very good showing in the win against Villa. He's not had a fair crack of the whip, when we have been crying out for creativity.

A Few observations

Pearson likes to play on the counter with pace and Anthony is not as fast as some others in this regard. The same could be said of albrighton. At PL level, another important element is upper body strength. Again, this is not where he excels and I would add that given how long he has been over here, perhaps he hasn't done what has been asked of him in this respect? Mahrez would also come into that category but he has higher technical ability and pace which will help him out. Plus, he may decide to spend some time in the gym (though he would probably prefer a move elsewhere!)

As I said yesterday, I would be happy with him here next season but we have no idea what negotiations have taken place. Perhaps he wants to be part of the 30k club and we won't/wouldn't go that high?

The whole 'strength' subject is an area where we have failed this season. the combination of pace, technical ability, and strength is where the PL exists. It's not as high as other countries re tech ability but is on the others and we have come up short strength wise. Watching the players shake hands pre match and it just doesn't look like a fair fight coming up. And it hasn't been has it!

As I said yesterday, I would be happy with him here next season but we have no idea what negotiations have taken place. Perhaps he wants to be part of the 30k club and we won't/wouldn't go that high? it!

One thing I can assure you, this will not revolve around money. This lad just wants to play football. His efforts at U21 are because he just wants to play football.

Err what?

Exactly what I said. Apart from a handful of games around Xmas Schulpp has been average or worse in every game, it's shocking he hasn't had a chance to replace him.

The only thing he has over Knockaert is pace, in terms of actual football ability the Frenchman is miles ahead.

But like I say, I still don't think Knocky was the answer at this level either, doesn't mean I think he's been given a fair chance though.

A great shame .... Having a talent like him not tied to a contract last summer was yet another example of mismanagement. Board, DofF or manager .... whoever it was there were some ridiculous mistakes made.

Or perhaps it's just an example of a player who had no wish to sign a contract. You know the same one who said he saw us as a stepping stone and that he'd give it three years at Leicester (this is the end of the third year). It's all very well blaming the management, but there could easily but another reason for his leaving and for him only being a bit part.

Rob above can say he loved us etc as much as he wants, but at the end of the day players tell fans what they want to hear and it should be taken with a pinch of salt.

You didn't answer my question. I asked who would want him? No-one in the PL, surely. And who in the Championship is going to match his wages and give him a chance based on a few sub appearances for us and Villa and a couple of unsuccessful loans over the last two/three seasons?

People on here act like he's the second coming and its a crime that he hasn't been playing. Whenever he has played, he's looked bang average to me. I certainly can't see that he's that much better or worse than Schlupp or Mahrez.

A promoted side may take a chance on him, we did. Any number of Champinship sides may want him and we won't be paying Premier salaries next season.

Anyone willing to offer him anything like we are and I'd imagine he'd be off after the way he's been treated.

I don't think he's that great but I'd play him ahead of Schlupp if Ulloa were playing and Mahrez has been awful recently so .....

Knockaert leaving in June? Well that's just fantastic, isn't it? A very good player in my opinion and one I feel we'd need for the championship. Now the management has decided that its time to start selling our good players. Will be sorry to see him go, have enjoyed seeing him play and he has been very good for us. Wish him all the best. Who'll be next on the chopping list and who will be staying? I'd really like to know.

Now the management has decided that its time to start selling our good players.

Sigh... this is getting boring. How do you know it's the managements decidion, do you know whether we offered him a contract or not, do you know if he turned it down. There are two sides involved in this, him not signing does not instantly mean that's the clubs decision, it could very well be his.

Him coming out with comments like us being a stepping stone doesnt really bode well. The way he acts on the pitch screams arrogance. I met him along with Simpson and Moore on a night out in Newcastle after the game in October. Him and Simpson never even said a word to us. He just looked at us and walked off. The way i see it, he truly believes hes better than what he actually is. He could go on to be a great player but his attitude stinks.

Considering we as fans mothered him after the Watford game and made him feel that he wasnt responsible for us going out in the play offs for him to openly say we are a stepping stone to me he is taking the piss out of us.

As ive said before. He showed moments of brilliance but they were few and far between. If he was to stay and stop acting like he is a big cheese and go on to do good things for us then fair play. At this moment in time though i wouldnt be bothered in the slightest if he left in the summer. Right now he is more of a liability than an asset which is a massive shame.

People saying he has been unfairly treated and were selling our best players need a reality check. he has clearly always envisaged his 3 year contract with us as being the only 3 years he plays for us. I say let him go, he wont be much of a loss to our cause.

if he goes will we replace him?

he hasnt played much this season but in the championship he was useful.

with the likely departure of Mahrez will be need to buy more wingers/wide midfielders?

I'm thinking albrighton will become a regular first team player and Schlupp can play on the left.

I'd expect Vardy to used on the wing next season. 

Maybe Nige will continue to play players out of position.

I just dont think he's got the ability or attitude to perform every week in the prem. And as with some other players namely Drinkwater, they will be severely demotivated. That being the case its probably best to freshen up some areas of the squad bring in players with the hunger again

Him coming out with comments like us being a stepping stone doesnt really bode well. The way he acts on the pitch screams arrogance. I met him along with Simpson and Moore on a night out in Newcastle after the game in October. Him and Simpson never even said a word to us. He just looked at us and walked off. The way i see it, he truly believes hes better than what he actually is. He could go on to be a great player but his attitude stinks.

Considering we as fans mothered him after the Watford game and made him feel that he wasnt responsible for us going out in the play offs for him to openly say we are a stepping stone to me he is taking the piss out of us.

As ive said before. He showed moments of brilliance but they were few and far between. If he was to stay and stop acting like he is a big cheese and go on to do good things for us then fair play. At this moment in time though i wouldnt be bothered in the slightest if he left in the summer. Right now he is more of a liability than an asset which is a massive shame.

People saying he has been unfairly treated and were selling our best players need a reality check. he has clearly always envisaged his 3 year contract with us as being the only 3 years he plays for us. I say let him go, he wont be much of a loss to our cause.

If you're referring to an earlier interview, I can guarantee you it was both badly translated and his quotes taken out of context.

I also find it pretty interesting that you tend to judge a player based on one occasion only - sure, first impression and all that. Still, if you want to give a more truthful testament to their personality, you want to meet people more often to form a more comprehensive picture.

Sigh... this is getting boring. How do you know it's the managements decidion, do you know whether we offered him a contract or not, do you know if he turned it down. There are two sides involved in this, him not signing does not instantly mean that's the clubs decision, it could very well be his

If it is his decision, I would like to know why he wants to leave? Is it just that he wants to play in France or is there another reason like not getting enough game time? I can understand the former but if it is the latter then that is down to management. It could just be a case of him not wanting to return to the championship, in which case whose fault is it that we're going down in the first place? Managment

If you're referring to an earlier interview, I can guarantee you it was both badly translated and his quotes taken out of context.

I also find it pretty interesting that you tend to judge a player based on one occasion only - sure, first impression and all that. Still, if you want to give a more truthful testament to their personality, you want to meet people more often to form a more comprehensive picture.

Ive actually met him twice (which i put in an earlier post) and know a few other people who have met him on seperate occasions with the same outcome.

When i watch him play football it screams arrogance and my contact with him has also shown an arrogant attitude. Therefore i have come to a sensible conclusion (imo) that he is an arrogant person.

As far as im concerned my judging of him is warranted in the way he has acted on the field and to me personally.

If it is his decision, I would like to know why he wants to leave? Is it just that he wants to play in France or is there another reason like not getting enough game time? I can understand the former but if it is the latter then that is down to management. It could just be a case of him not wanting to return to the championship, in which case whose fault is it that we're going down in the first place? Managment

How would he have known about potential game time or our future if the contract had been offered in the summer like they were to every other player. Obviously you are very keen to blame Pearson, that's clear. But without all the details, which frankly you aren't going to get, how can you?

I have belief that Steve Walsh (he's a bigger loss than NP in my eyes) can find some gems for next season once more, we'll have parachute payments and Mahrez money to splash. Fulham spent like £11m on McCormack having been relegated so it's not like we can't replace knocky if he goes.

Archived