Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Reading Post Match

Angry, Disappointed, Frustrated.

New defence needed in the summer.

It's wrong but kind of happy, I said it before the game, its wrong, and don't get me wrong I want us to win, I want us to be succesful but part of me wanted us to lose today so we can finally have no doubt and actually write our season off for good, however results kind of 'went our way' (Although they didn't because our own result didn't go our way) still so you can argue we are still clinging on in there, but we're almost gone, we don't deserve to be there, and next Friday I can see it be confirmed.

Atleast we can forget now, look forward to rebuilding in the summer, and look forward to potential having a league winning season next season.

Once again as always when I make a post like this, Prove me wrong City, I'd love you to make me eat my words, but don't think you have, yet.

Shocking defending, done for pace over and over again. Though Sven has to take some blame, everyone knows that this game would have suited Vitor as he is quick and a technical defender. Even Alan Young gave him MOM despite coming on in the 2nd half.

Were lucky to have been buried in this game, certainly wasnt a team performance, just a bunch of individuals on the pitch.

Too many loanees, too many players here not performing.

Leicester were crap.

But Reading destroyed Leicester.

Everything time Kebe had the ball, I thought he'd score. Leicester had no answers to Reading. Attack or defence.

Leicester are not good enough for promotion, or Premier Leaguee.

Sven HAS to adopt a different theory next season. Currently it doesn't promote good form = good game time.

Lets take Bruma; perhaps somewhat inconvenient, but stats show we lose when he plays. I don't think Bruma and Bamba as a partnership works, classicly proven when Vitor came on, and we played better.

Sven is quality as a manager, you can't dispute that, but surely by now he'd have learnt his lesson about tinkering?

. Though Sven has to take some blame, everyone knows that this game would have suited Vitor as he is quick and a technical defender. Even Alan Young gave him MOM despite coming on in the 2nd half.

Then Alan Young is a twat.

People can harp on about the poor start we had under Sousa, January transfer window being the hardest time to buy players etc etc

Today, tactically we got it wrong, we played to far up the pitch and were ripped to shreads on the counter attack. We played well to get our selves where we are and we've gone of the boil and become hit and miss with the tinkering around.

We've wasted money getting up to 10th place, we've loaned players that have potential and others that just haven't performed.

Sickening.

Discuss.

a disgrace to the 2,500 City fans who made the trip, including my son who was excited cos he thought we could win. The Swede and his assortment of overpaid misfits have let him down today, let me down today and let the City fans down today. THIS IS NOT ONLY ABOUT MAKING THE PLAY-OFFS, its about having pride in a City shirt, wanting to do well and putting-in a shift... we could have never been accused of not doing at least that under a Pearson side.... AND I'm still convinced that its gonna be Hull in 6th come the end

Then Alan Young is a twat.

Harsh ... Vitor was okay when he came on. I think he actually meant MOTM for Leicester not the whole game.

Surely Kebe got MOTM overall?

a disgrace to the 2,500 City fans who made the trip, including my son who was excited cos he thought we could win. The Swede and his assortment of overpaid misfits have let him down today, let me down today and let the City fans down today. THIS IS NOT ONLY ABOUT MAKING THE PLAY-OFFS, its about having pride in a City shirt, wanting to do well and putting-in a shift... we could have never been accused of not doing at least that under a Pearson side.... AND I'm still convinced that its gonna be Hull in 6th come the end

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

People can harp on about the poor start we had under Sousa, January transfer window being the hardest time to buy players etc etc

Today, tactically we got it wrong, we played to far up the pitch and were ripped to shreads on the counter attack. We played well to get our selves where we are and we've gone of the boil and become hit and miss with the tinkering around.

We've wasted money getting up to 10th place, we've loaned players that have potential and others that just haven't performed.

Totally agree.

From the money we have spent on wages I think we should have made the PO's.

Teams found us out, knew how to play against us and we didnt change anything.

Too many loanees who arent even better than what was here previously. PVA, Bruma, Yakubu have all been poor signings, you cant argue that.

Need a player in most positions, and I'd be amazed if there wasnt a lot of ins and outs in the summer. Just hope we buy from lower teams rather than a load of Premiership mercenaries.

Harsh ... Vitor was okay when he came on. I think he actually meant MOTM for Leicester not the whole game.

Surely Kebe got MOTM overall?

I didn't notice any great improvement when he came on. Reading still attacked on the break.

Oakley had another good game imo.

you need to get your tongue out of perasons arse!!!!1 he's gone get over it he aint coming back

Oakley is the only player who started that can take any credit from this game. So glad he's come back and performed so much better than anybody expected.

Apart from him we were absolutely terrible.

In summer we need: a left back with a brain, a manager who actually thinks about who plays players based on form, strikers who can actually score, a good keeper, more options in midfield.

We've got the money, just need Sven to have a full pre-season and do a QPR.

absolutely awful,well beaten by a far better team

I don't agree with that.

I thought for large periods of the game we looked the better team, sure Reading could have had a few more goals but the reason for that was the 2 quick goals we gifted them as we went looking to get back into it, leaving gaps at the back, and getting mullered on the counter. If it wasn't for are shocking finishing and poor final balls and delivery, maybe we could of come away with something. :dunno:

Can't add much more to what's been said already - its so frustrating being a City fan (as ever).

Next season, I'd like to see just one 'quarterback' player in the midfielder, either Wellens, Oakley or Abe, not two of them. We need a quick, skilful midfielder than can make things happen. I guess maybe Mousa could come a fill that role? Up front, I'd like to think Schlupp will be in the frame, especially after a full pre-season. Right now, we probably need a new striker to provide backup for Waggy (and to ensure Howard won't have to play...). Defensively, its a minefield - we could build around Bamba, but we have to make sure it IS actually around Bamba so he can play on his side of the pitch. Brings Hobbs back in perhaps?

We still have a chance I guess, but I'm looking forward to next season already!

EDIT: Oh and to have more possession, more shots on target and still lose AGAIN, is bloody annoying.

Archived