Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Waggy off to Derby?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Derby-are-preparing-a-1-2m-raid-on-neighbours-rivals-Leicester-for-striker-Martyn-Waghorn-article725962.html

Nigel Clough is preparing a £1.2million raid on East Midlands rivals Leicester for striker Martyn Waghorn.

Derby boss Clough will have transfer cash this summer and is to invest in firepower with Waghorn a top target.

Waghorn, 21, has struggled to hold down a place under Sven Goran Eriksson and now has a hamstring injury.

But Clough will bid for the former Sunderland star after being promised funds by Derby’s American owners.

He said: “If we can bring the players in we would like we will try and assemble a squad to finish in the top six.”

If he goes, he would turn into the Hume/ Fryatt/ Gradel of next season. He'll score a bag load to propell them up the league and they'll do the double on us with his goals.

Provided we're still in this league ;)

If he goes, he would turn into the Hume/ Fryatt/ Gradel of next season. He'll score a bag load to propell them up the league and they'll do the double on us with his goals.

Provided we're still in this league ;)

Hume has hardly set the league alight since leave has he? Fryatt has only ever played well for NP and I think we all would take Gradel back but Waghorn wouldn't be a massive loss

I thoroughly expect the Pearson-player bummers to arrive on the scene and criticise Sven for the temerity to dispose of yet ANOTHER former Pearson player (yes, signed permernant while Sousa what here, don't be pedantic).

Has not been value for money, cash in while we can, move onto better players, because we have the financial ability to.

Guest parky0607

I think it would be a good offer but it'd be a joke to accept that when we pay 2-3 mill for him, barely use him for one season, then sell him for 1-2 mill less ... what's the point springs to mind :rolleyes:

I think it would be a good offer but it'd be a joke to accept that when we pay 2-3 mill for him, barely use him for one season, then sell him for 1-2 mill less ... what's the point springs to mind :rolleyes:

What happens when you chop and change managers.

We only paid 2 mil, losing 500k on someone who has been pretty shite all year isnt too bad. Especially if the money goes on someone better

Can't believe people are happy to just get rid. We need a few grafters in the team and he's shown glimpses of real quality with us. Not his fault this season hasn't worked out for him. Only so much you can do on the bench/treatment table.

Archived