Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

The Thais have done enough for me to respect them

The owners haven't lost my faith in them completely but their next move is critical to me continuing to support them. If they get this appointment wrong then they can pack their bags and do one as far as I'm concerned. They have to get this next appointment spot on or we are in deep trouble. They can't afford to hesitate for weeks, we need someone in charge by the time pre season begins.

from the moral and publicity low of the Bangkok incident the only good thing was the owners sending and message that such behaviour was not acceptable for lcfc employees. (try explain to your kids what this was all about). If other employees can't accept the owners POV with grace then it is true that there is a serious difference in outlook.

Correct on top point, it wasn't ran poorly, it wan ran hideously. We actually managed to slide down the league whilst running up a debt of 90million. You actually would be hard pushed to be able to do that if you tried, it would make an interesting challenge to see if someone could try and spend that much money and move a team down the Championship table, hard to achieve.

The debt I've covered, they caused it and whilst it was wonderful they cleared up their own mess they now have more than their money back with two years in the PL and the free advertising they get from the football club for their company.

I still don't get how this decision in any way can show they have learnt from any mistakes, it's the same decision that was made four years ago that we all now agree was an absolutely ridiculous decision that set us back years. And this time there will no phone call going in for him to rescue the situation again.

We still don't know exactly why he was sacked and quite rightly most people are absolutely baffled by it as it makes no sense in footballing terms, it's akin to us sacking Martin O'Neill after he had just guided us to Premier League survival, back then though the owners hadn't thrown money at the club so they simply wouldn't have managed to get away with it.

By bringing pearson back in the first place?

As for him going... we don't know we was sacked.. they MIGHT have a very genuine reason for doing so.... we just don't know yet.

Guest MattP

from the moral and publicity low of the Bangkok incident the only good thing was the owners sending and message that such behaviour was not acceptable for lcfc employees. (try explain to your kids what this was all about). If other employees can't accept the owners POV with grace then it is true that there is a serious difference in outlook.

What does this have to do with sacking Nigel Pearson?

The people involved in that video were sacked ages ago.

For the first time yesterday they appear to have made a decision based on not what was best for Leicester City Football Club but for themselves and the King Power brand, that causes some concern for me.

As has been pointed out above, the club was ran very poorly by the same owners in the times Nigel wasn't here, we can't go back to that, they will probably be judged now on their next appointment, they have to get it right. It's the biggest gamble I've seen since Vincent Tan got rid of Malky Mackay.

This for me too.

I've always begrudgingly accepted the plastering of King Power over our ground, shirts etc... as they've always seemed well focused on managing to do both grow their business and our club at the same time.

Yesterday, for me, was them putting King Power over Leicester City.

For all the good they've done (and it would be unfair to take it away from them), that's a very big thing in my opinion. We should be careful.

This was the reason I was always a bit cautious about crawling up their arses like most do on here. They aren't above criticism.

Guest MattP

Hope all the twats moaning about how "we're not Nigel Pearson FC" realise we're not King Power FC either...

Absolutely bang on.

Can we be sure that the Okazaki signing was Pearson's?

The fact that Walsh has said we were scouting him for the last year or so suggests it is his signing. It may well not be but what Walsh, and Okazaki for that matter, has said makes me think it is. 

For the first time yesterday they appear to have made a decision based on not what was best for Leicester City Football Club but for themselves and the King Power brand, that causes some concern for me.

As has been pointed out above, the club was ran very poorly by the same owners in the times Nigel wasn't here, we can't go back to that, they will probably be judged now on their next appointment, they have to get it right. It's the biggest gamble I've seen since Vincent Tan got rid of Malky Mackay.

How do you know that? They said there were 'fundamental differences', we can only accept that these differences were too big for either party to negotiate some common ground. Perhaps the owners had grown tired of his belligerence, don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Nigel's and i'm as disappointed as anyone about his going, but i can only imagine he's not the easiest of people to manage. The owners have made their decision, and they will have taken much into consideration. Personally, if it's about the sacking of the Thai3 then i fully support them, if NP didn't then he made his position untenable. 

We all know how stroppy Pearson can be, surely no one can deny this? If the sacking of his son/the others have soured the relationship beyond repair then this was inevitable, the owners can hardly sack themselves.

Guest MattP

How do you know that? They said there were 'fundamental differences', we can only accept that these differences were too big for either party to negotiate some common ground. Perhaps the owners had grown tired of his belligerence, don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Nigel's and i'm as disappointed as anyone about his going, but i can only imagine he's not the easiest of people to manage. The owners have made their decision, and they will have taken much into consideration. Personally, if it's about the sacking of the Thai3 then i fully support them, if NP didn't then he made his position untenable. 

Because sacking a manager who had achieved what he had can simply not be passed off as being in the interest of Leicester City Football Club.

8 weeks go it felt like we were all part of something very special, all pulling in the same direction. Now it's blatantly clear that King Power care more about sales of fags, booze and perfume in Bangkok than they do about the success of Leicester City Football Club. I feel for Pearson I really do, but ultimately if their next appointment takes us in the wrong direction it will be us fans who lose out yet again. Decisions taken at a football club should be to promote the success of the football club. This clearly was just a decision to protect the King Power brand and I have little respect for the Thais right now.

Because sacking a manager who had achieved what he had can simply not be passed off as being in the interest of Leicester City Football Club.

If we had a Pochettino like scenario lined up, we could. But that's pie in the sky. Southampton binned Adkins (harshly but it did work) for footballing reasons. This isn't a football related move. It's pretty obvious. If it was, they would've done in late May, before Fuchs, Huth & Okazaki.

8 weeks go it felt like we were all part of something very special, all pulling in the same direction. Now it's blatantly clear that King Power care more about sales of fags, booze and perfume in Bangkok than they do about the success of Leicester City Football Club. I feel for Pearson I really do, but ultimately if their next appointment takes us in the wrong direction it will be us fans who lose out yet again. Decisions taken at a football club should be to promote the success of the football club. This clearly was just a decision to protect the King Power brand and I have little respect for the Thais right now.

It's so sad. What we had here was rare. Even the media had taken note of the fact everyone pulled in the same direction. You don't get that often, certainly not in this league.

The owners have been nothing short of brilliant so far IMHO and I struggle to comprehend anyone who thinks otherwise

Yes it's very sad they have sacked NP and I think we are all a bit bemused generally about that, however we have to trust the owners have a short medium and long term game plan.

I believe the owners have the clubs best interests at heart

Guest MattP

If we had a Pochettino like scenario lined up, we could. But that's pie in the sky. Southampton binned Adkins (harshly but it did work) for footballing reasons. This isn't a football related move. It's pretty obvious. If it was, they would've done in late May, before Fuchs, Huth & Okazaki.

That's the other difference people seem to forget with Southampton, alongside the fantastic group of young players they were developing they had been working on Pochettino for a long time and had clearly seen something in him they really liked, as harsh as it was you can see a bit of logic and forward planning in that in that, given we are now going to take our time over this clearly no such plan is in place here.

We appear to have done this over the phone after a bust up, what a way to run a football club.

So the day after and I have cooled down somewhat... I have reflected a little bit. I know the things im mentioning will of been mentioned somewhat in other threads, i just wanted to centralize the positivity into one thread

The reality is, no matter what the speculation has been, no one really knows why Pearson was sacked. yet.

Have the Thais made some footballing mistakes in the past? Of course, but so did Pearson for some pretty big sections of last season. He learnt from them, and so maybe have the Thais.

What i'm getting at is, the Thais have done enough for us to suggest they really do care about what is best for the club. Even if their long term gain is their own financial well being, they are sensible enough to of learnt that they need to be deeply comitted to the football club to do that.

Wether its, at first (rather naively) throwing money at Sven, or paying off the debt, or even swallowing their pride and bringing back Pearson Or even just the simple gestures they have made for the fans.... i mean... which other club owners have done that?

So... Am i a pearson supporter? Definitely. I was devestated when he went. But i'm a Leicester supporter first and foremost. We were around before Pearson and we will be around after him. I'm also kind of a fan of the owners too and what they have done.

So im giving the owners the benefit of the doubt... and im trusting them! I'm not going to hate them even if i don't understand why Nigel has been sacked. I'm still quite emotional about it actually.

Come onTop And Vichai!!! lets make a great appointment to keep this club on the crest of a wave!!!! :scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

Fully agree with most of the above, good post. I don't think turning on the owners over Pearson is the best thing to do because without them we wouldn't be where we are now! Remember all the debt they've cleared? All the money they've put in? In the owners I trust

That's the other difference people seem to forget with Southampton, alongside the fantastic group of young players they were developing they had been working on Pochettino for a long time and had clearly seen something in him they really liked, as harsh as it was you can see a bit of logic and forward planning in that in that, given we are now going to take our time over this clearly no such plan is in place here.

We appear to have done this over the phone after a bust up, what a way to run a football club.

It was a ruthless, but prudent decision. I do feel for Adkins, even now, although he hasn't gone onto do anything since that that makes you think the Southampton board got it wrong.

We on the other hand, if reports are to believed, have already been snubbed by Allardyce. So that's already shot the Southampton comparison up in flames and if we do happen to get it right, I cannot help but feel it's more luck than judgement - their managerial decision track record suggests this would be the case and it's nothing but blind faith to think otherwise, and blind faith is a dangerous concept.

The owners have done very well in the last three years, they stuck with Pearson through some tough times, always backed the manager and never seemed to interfere on that front. They've been rewarded with a Premier League place.

The next decision is pivotal. I think we'd have improved under Pearson next season, maybe not hugely but by a few points, a couple of wins and progress continuing. Now we're in limbo and we have no idea who or what they are looking for.

They (correctly) have a lot of goodwill but this season could see that either drift away or be enhanced. It's a big call and I hope they get it right.

Correct on top point, it wasn't ran poorly, it wan ran hideously. We actually managed to slide down the league whilst running up a debt of 90million. You actually would be hard pushed to be able to do that if you tried, it would make an interesting challenge to see if someone could try and spend that much money and move a team down the Championship table, hard to achieve.

The debt I've covered, they caused it and whilst it was wonderful they cleared up their own mess they now have more than their money back with two years in the PL and the free advertising they get from the football club for their company.

I still don't get how this decision in any way can show they have learnt from any mistakes, it's the same decision that was made four years ago that we all now agree was an absolutely ridiculous decision that set us back years. And this time there will no phone call going in for him to rescue the situation again.

We still don't know exactly why he was sacked and quite rightly most people are absolutely baffled by it as it makes no sense in footballing terms, it's akin to us sacking Martin O'Neill after he had just guided us to Premier League survival, back then though the owners hadn't thrown money at the club so they simply wouldn't have managed to get away with it.

You blame the owners for Sven but give them no credit at all for the fact were in the premier league, the ground is full and we've got a team full of multi million pound signings.

Guest MattP

You blame the owners for Sven but give them no credit at all for the fact were in the premier league, the ground is full and we've got a team full of multi million pound signings.

Last time Ill reply to you as I'm convinced you are on the wind up.

Why would I give them the credit, because it's Pearson's work that got us here. These clowns threw more money at Sven than they did at Pearson before they finally decided to beg him to come back (after MON and 'Arry) had turned them down to cut down on the reckeless spending they had already engaged in.

I'll give them huge credit for sticking with him last season (eventually, after more national not knowing arse from elbow embarrassment in the media), that was brave and brilliant and they fully deserved to be rewarded with another season in the division.

As for a team full of multi million pound signings, in our team towards the end of the season were Kasper, Schulpp, Albrighton, Huth, Morgan, Wasyl, James, Cambiasso, Vardy, Mahrez and Nugent - none of whom were 'multi million pound' signings.

Last time Ill reply to you as I'm convinced you are on the wind up.

Why would I give them the credit, because it's Pearson's work that got us here. These clowns threw more money at Sven than they did at Pearson before they finally decided to beg him to come back (after MON and 'Arry) had turned them down to cut down on the reckeless spending they had already engaged in.

I'll give them huge credit for sticking with him last season (eventually, after more national not knowing arse from elbow embarrassment in the media), that was brave and brilliant and they fully deserved to be rewarded with another season in the division.

As for a team full of multi million pound signings, in our team towards the end of the season were Kasper, Schulpp, Albrighton, Huth, Morgan, Wasyl, James, Cambiasso, Vardy, Mahrez and Nugent - none of whom were 'multi million pound' signings.

Great post.

Archived