Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ranieri99

Fuchs

Will agree to disagree. He was still a weak link in the promotion-chasing sides.

He was part of a championship title winning side, and a team finishing 12th in the premiership, for a club with the money to go out and buy a replacement if the manager saw fit, **** off calling him shite you utter moron

He was part of a championship title winning side, and a team finishing 12th in the premiership, for a club with the money to go out and buy a replacement if the manager saw fit, **** off calling him shite you utter moron

We probably just rate players differently. Konch, whatever may be, really wasn't more than a Championship-level starter for a mid-table team.

And arguing that he was part of a team that "finished 12th in the Premiership" -- well, we finished 14th -- totally ignores the fact that once he was frozen out of the side w the change in formation, the side improved.

It's also tremendously silly to say because he was on a title winning team, he was good.

Is James Jones good because he follows LeBron James everywhere and thus won a few rings?

It's also tremendously silly to say because he was on a title winning team, he was good.

Is James Jones good because he follows LeBron James everywhere and thus won a few rings?

I didn't say the reason he's good is because he was once part of a championship winning team, the reason I think he's good is maybe because he's played in the top flight mostly all his life and for England- but that's slightly irrelevant to this point. If you couldn't see what he offered us then i don't even know what to say to be honest, it would just be ignorance. Yes he was a weak link but still contributed massively to our success

I didn't say the reason he's good is because he was once part of a championship winning team, the reason I think he's good is maybe because he's played in the top flight mostly all his life and for England- but that's slightly irrelevant to this point. If you couldn't see what he offered us then i don't even know what to say to be honest, it would just be ignorance. Yes he was a weak link but still contributed massively to our success

By virtue of being a "weak link", he was not great. That's really all there is to it. He was not indispensable to any success whatsoever. Plug in any other competent player and things really wouldn't haven't change -- they might have even been better.

Why can't some people show respect to ex players? We were improving as his career moved towards its end, it was inevitable that he would eventually struggle in this team but as such he played a part in its success and we should be grateful for that.

Absolutely this. I'm sorry but you're a ****ing moron if you don't appreciate what Konchesky did here. I'm not trying to pass him on as Patrice Evra but he did his job

By virtue of being a "weak link", he was not great. That's really all there is to it. He was not indispensable to any success whatsoever. Plug in any other competent player and things really wouldn't haven't change -- they might have even been better.

Any team in the world- good or bad, has weak links so you could say 'plug in any other competent player' about any team in history really, so that basically renders your argument as pointless

Any team in the world- good or bad, has weak links so you could say 'plug in any other competent player' about any team in history really, so that basically renders your argument as pointless

I think you're a moron, you think I'm a moron, let's just have it at that and call it a day. Konchesky was a poor player for this club. Hey, he wasn't as awful and horrible as Mills or Beckford, so I can appreciate that.

Definitely not the worst we've seen but I am very grateful this club has so much better now.

Thanks for the pointless laughs.

That's me in the video who he came to see. Couldn't believe it. Rest of the day was a right off I was buzzing around the office. Was so shocked that on his day off he took the time to drive to my work dressed as Santa to give me a shirt and boots, and I work in Cov as well. I told him he would hopefully never have to come back for footballing reasons.  :xmasbiggrin:

Archived