Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ranieri99

Fuchs

Best left back in the league

You can't fault him. Good going forward, good defensively, good on the ball, is quick, strong, good at set pieces and most importantly for a defender, he's as composed as any full back I can remember

And he cost bugger all

Phenomenal piece of business

From Konchesky to Fuchs...

From 20th to 1st...

Coincidence?

• 2 weeks later...

My grandparents on my dads side were Austrian, and my mum is Irish. :D

England, Ireland and Austria are my big teams, in that order. Also rooting for NI, Wales and France if Kante plays.

Best tournament line up in my lifetime!

Your blood started two world wars and 800 years of occupation on the island of ireland

Throw in waterloo and your a walking military gene pool lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, some words from an Austrian coming up...

First of all, thanks for your patience since Fuchsl(Austrian nick) seems to play kinda bad at the moment.

Bad news are: it is usual that Christian goes through a bad period during a season, not unexpected at all. Good news are: he will be back in form soon again(i do believe so).

If i'd be Claudio (jesus!), i would pull him out of the team for 1 or 2 games, maybe even just for a half time.

Still remember the time when he played for Schalke and he had these bad games coming up, though he often was not the only one who had not his best day, fans decided to name him as the scapegoat of the team. especially when Schalke lost(btw, Schalke seriously has the worst fans in the whole Bundesliga). 

All he needs now is support from his team and their fans  :schmike:  - cheers guys and all the best for your final spurt..

huh? i don't get it

He means he doesn't actually think Fuchs is playing badly at all. Me neither to be honest I reckon he's a solid 7/8 week in week out and just looks such a class above any of the left backs we've had in recent years.

arsenal, norwich and watford he's been considerably worse than the rest of the season (and the rest of the squad) imo. still wouldn't say he's been bad, probably 5/10 "bang average" each game instead of the 8s we've crazily come to expect. and we've still won 2 of them games and still top the league by a distance so not exactly a disaster.

edit - with 11 men on the pitch we still haven't even conceded a goal in the 3 games I've just said he wasn't very good in lol. how far we've come.

No chance Claudio will leave him out. Schlupp at left back is a bombscare and it would be unfair (and unthinkable) to throw youngster Chilwell in now. Fuchs gets away with iffy defending, but he's excellent at recovering and his head NEVER drops. He'll try and try again. One day I'm sure he'll cost us, but that's to be expected.

His attacking presence is a huge bonus for the team when he gets his crosses and passes just right and he was much better already against Watford in that respect.

No chance Claudio will leave him out. Schlupp at left back is a bombscare and it would be unfair (and unthinkable) to throw youngster Chilwell in now. Fuchs gets away with iffy defending, but he's excellent at recovering and his head NEVER drops. He'll try and try again. One day I'm sure he'll cost us, but that's to be expected.

His attacking presence is a huge bonus for the team when he gets his crosses and passes just right and he was much better already against Watford in that respect.

His cross led to the goal yesterday.

His worst game in a city shirt has been of a higher lever than Konchesky's best....says so much about our progression.

Short memory, Konch was a good servant to the club but played one season too long.

He has dropped off in the last month.

I'm sure he hasn't lost pace, but he has seemed a half yard slower in his play recently. He has probably been beaten more times in the last 3 or 4 games than in the entirety of the season beforehand.

Sure he'll be back to his best soon.

Agree with those saying he hasn't looked as strong recently. His own fault for setting such an incredible high standard.

Likes to hang a leg out too in the box which always worries me. 

Don't agree we should be think about making any changes to that back four though. Schlupp is best as an impact sub at the moment and can fill in at LB if Fuchs gets injured. 

Overall, incredible season from him, but would like to see him go back to his flawless self for the final 9 games  :scarf:

He's been a bit reckless lately, playing against Amrabit on Saturday was tough though, probably the first winger that has given him so much trouble. Maybe fatique has something to do with it. 

No chance of dropping him though. Not if our only option is Jeff, who is better on the wings anyway.

Archived