Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ranieri99

Fuchs

I think it was Arsenal that first game when he was really beaten and since he hasn't been much better. He actually wasn't supposed to be as good defensively has he's been for us, better known as a wingback, yet he is leading the league in crosses blocked. I don't think it's a worry if he has a knock, is tired, or if defenses have just figure out his weaknesses yet. I'm not thinking of potential subs yet. We have a long week this week.

Short memory, Konch was a good servant to the club but played one season too long.

I wasn't doubting that...

But on saturday, it was probably fuch's worse performance in a blue shirt, but was still at a level higher than anything konch ever produced.

Hey guys, some words from an Austrian coming up...

First of all, thanks for your patience since Fuchsl(Austrian nick) seems to play kinda bad at the moment.

Bad news are: it is usual that Christian goes through a bad period during a season, not unexpected at all. Good news are: he will be back in form soon again(i do believe so).

If i'd be Claudio (jesus!), i would pull him out of the team for 1 or 2 games, maybe even just for a half time.

Still remember the time when he played for Schalke and he had these bad games coming up, though he often was not the only one who had not his best day, fans decided to name him as the scapegoat of the team. especially when Schalke lost(btw, Schalke seriously has the worst fans in the whole Bundesliga). 

All he needs now is support from his team and their fans  :schmike:  - cheers guys and all the best for your final spurt..

Schalke has one of the most demanding and insatiable set of fans in the entire Bundesliga and had its fair share of turmoil in terms of controversial management or sportive scandals (Heldt, Breitenreiter, Assauer, the Briberies in the 1970ies). The mixture there is toxic, as they are hopelessly longing for a title for the better part of 60 years. They remind me of a worse version of Arsenal.

I wouldn't listen to S04 fans by a mile. They tend to have a distorted view on reality, anyway.

But on saturday, it was probably fuch's worse performance in a blue shirt, but was still at a level higher than anything konch ever produced.

Obviously Fuchs is a far better player, but to say that his worst performance for us is better than Koncheskys best ever performance for us is a little short sighted.

He hasn't been great last three games defensively

We've kept two clean sheets in the last three games, in parts because of his work in the back four.

"Not playing great" is a bit of an oxymoron, anyway. A subjectively perceived drop in form can be down to several reasons. Let's not forget the manager gives his own instructions as to how players are supposed to position and behave on the pitch. Everyone's got a role to play. It could well be that Fuchs has been told to sit back more than usual and focus on his main duties, including one-on-one defending.

Schalke 04 play in blue too so I doubt his worse ever performance in a blue shirt, not forgetting we played in white anyway. Relax, he will come back, just a blip in form - dingly dong.

Obviously Fuchs is a far better player, but to say that his worst performance for us is better than Koncheskys best ever performance for us is a little short sighted.

can't remember Konch having a good game going forward ever tbh.

His cross led to the goal yesterday.

Indeed, not to mention his parried shot that nearly led to a Shinji tap in. Was he also behind the delivery for Huth's header or was that Mahrez?

Your blood started two world wars and 800 years of occupation on the island of ireland

Throw in waterloo and your a walking military gene pool lol

Well, the Austrian folks were anti-nazi, which is why they ended up in the UK, and I have Irish blood but no English.

So I'm descended from the good guys really!  :ph34r:  lol

Was it not Fuchs cross that caused panic in the Watford box that led to mahrez picking up the ball and placing it top corner????????

Indeed. It was Fuchsy Fuchs himself

Which reminds me:

Apologies if it was already posted somewhere on the forum.

Looks like our Austrian friend up there is right.

Even through a rough patch, he's the best left back I can remember.

Sends over to many menacing crosses, like the one that set us up last match.

Chillwell may be worth a shout if he starts to look like half a match off would do him well, though.

Anyone who went to Bury away will be pleasantly amazed by the total transformation in Fuchs this season. Certainly lost the weight, done the hard yards, and shown that his class was always there. Bury fans were chanting at him "can you even see your d*ck?" 

Same match that Kante showed what a special player he was and Dodoo got his hat-trick!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived