Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ranieri99

Fuchs

He will be 30 in April. If he remains injury free he has 3 or 4 more years playing top level football. I'm sure our sport science team will offer him all the support he needs.

He has grown into this team and seems a 'breath of fresh air' in the dressing room. 

Our best LB since Nish/ Rofe?

He will be 30 in April. If he remains injury free he has 3 or 4 more years playing top level football. I'm sure our sport science team will offer him all the support he needs.

He has grown into this team and seems a 'breath of fresh air' in the dressing room. 

Our best LB since Nish/ Rofe?

I was wondering who our last exceptional left back was. Good call. There aren't many who really stand out in recent decades. Many on here aren't quite old enough to give the long view.  :thumbup:

I think I might well have seen Rofe, but I cant remember much about the games I saw as a nipper. 4ft 6 in the Kop, its probably not surprising!

What I remember most is the sounds! 

EDIT I always liked The Tank, tho I can't for the like of me remember his name :( , and Whitlow has just sprung to mind, although he was more of a CB/LB

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering who our last exceptional left back was. Good call. There aren't many who really stand out in recent decades. Many on here aren't quite old enough to give the long view.  :thumbup:

I think I might well have seen Rofe, but I cant remember much about the games I saw as a nipper. 4ft 6 in the Kop, its probably not surprising!

EDIT I always liked The Tank, tho I can't for the like of me remember his name :( , and Whitlow has just sprung to mind, although he was more of a CB/LB

That's because for years we were obsessed with Right Backs!

The guy's a legend. He strolled into the Northface store in Highcross this afternoon with his son  and was kind enough to have picture with my Foxes mad teenage daughter! I wouldn't normally ask, but she was so excited, we just had to. Legend!! :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

The guy's a legend. He strolled into the Northface store in Highcross this afternoon with his son  and was kind enough to have picture with my Foxes mad teenage daughter! I wouldn't normally ask, but she was so excited, we just had to. Legend!! :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

were any fuchs given?

Tank, that'll be Graham Cross, also played cricket for the County.

Has to be one of the best pieces of business we did over the summer. Hadn't heard a great deal about him prior to coming but looked the business. He's got everything in the locker that the modern game looks for in a defender and we got him for fu*k all. Was really looking forward to seeing him play and so glad he's nailed down a spot in the team. Need to keep hold of Chilwell and the future looks bright for that position. 

I can't believe this man gets so little credit. On match of the day when they were showing how much all the City players cost, they didn't even mention him as a free transfer. He is a perfect left back and I think the best in the league. Everything he is does is correct, it's like he's been coached to perfection, he always does exactly what you would want your left back to do in that situation. He has players in his pocket every single game and barely gets a mention in the media. I think he is one of the key reasons our defence has improved, nothing gets past him on the left.

I've only seen one game in the flesh this season. 3-0 against Stoke. Fuchs was immaculate that day, I couldn't believe we'd got him on a free. Like picking up the Mona Lisa for a fiver in a rag and bone shop.

He was excellent again on Saturday, but maybe a bit lucky not to give away a penalty when it was 0-1. Thank god for the ref there.

Hopefully, the powers that be will tie his contract down a la Vardy.

Best left back in the league

You can't fault him. Good going forward, good defensively, good on the ball, is quick, strong, good at set pieces and  most importantly for a defender, he's as composed as any full back I can remember

And he cost bugger all

Phenomenal piece of business

Archived