Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

PU NK

Bredrin cum say dat 2 my face. Necks break easy bro.

jus becuz u behindz yr comp screen u bein da big man.

punk iz shit end of.

Brilliant even better!!

is it not you sat behindz yr comp screen bein da big man?

but Please accept my sincere apologies I really wouldn't want yerz to Bust a cap in me ass for giving such disrespect to one of de Homiez.

tellz ye what doh Bruv to be so narrow minded and ignorant of different styles of music is your loss not mine!

Brilliant even better!!

is it not you sat behindz yr comp screen bein da big man?

but Please accept my sincere apologies I really wouldn't want yerz to Bust a cap in me ass for giving such disrespect to one of de Homiez.

tellz ye what doh Bruv to be so narrow minded and ignorant of different styles of music is your loss not mine!

Its an alias of some other dweeb on here already mate, and probably the least funny 1 yet.

Poly Styrene. :wub:

You wouldn't know it to look at me but i used to be big into Pop Punk back in the day and through that i back tracked into a lot of old punk records. My favouite was without a doubt Oh Bondage Up Yours! and it's still on my iPod at the moment. As is Cool To Be You by The Descendents. Tune.

Dunno if you'd class NOFX as punk of pop punk but Punk In Drublic used to rule my CD player in the late 90's. I was big into Dropkick Murphy's and Flogging Molly for a while as well.

I grew up listening to Ramones, The Clash, The Undertones and Sex Pistols as well as Madness, The Jam and The Specials as that was what my dad was into (he was also into The Smiths, Elvis Costello and The Cure and i still love them too)

But i'd take All My Best Friends Are Metalheads by Less Than Jake over all of this any day of the week.

Knew someone would ruin it, typical that it's Karl. <_<

=P. NOFX are about as pop-"punk" as you can get. To be honest, I don't quite hate pop punk artists as much as I make out for the major reason that a majority of them don't take themselves seriously at all. The only band in the genre I genuinely dislike is Greenday because I think if you're going to try and do politics you should do it properly and not just sing "rofl bush sux hahaha." It was pop punk fans that wound me up when I was in school. Little skater pricks banging on about how "punk" they were, bopping away to Blink 182. Used to make me cringe.

I like the Dropkick Murphys, though. They're more about what punk is, to me. A bit of originality and a bit of raw noise mixed in with a genuine understanding of both their roots and their own politics. You can argue they're originality's lessened by their heavy influence from the likes of the Pogues but they've taken it truly in their own direction.

Shame they've gone completely mellow, middle of road and just... old these days, heh. Molly have done the same but then they never made any grand overtures of being particularly hardcore.

Aye. Johnson's getting a bit boring but his latest alternate ego is just gash.

lol is Johnson Tha Carter as well. It's so hard to keep up with whose who these days.

I presumed Tha Carter was the same person as Escobar.

I'm a big fan of Johnson. It seems the majority of the board are as well going on the recent awards :D

My guess is Libertine or lildave behind Johnson :dunno:

:D

=P. NOFX are about as pop-"punk" as you can get. To be honest, I don't quite hate pop punk artists as much as I make out for the major reason that a majority of them don't take themselves seriously at all. The only band in the genre I genuinely dislike is Greenday because I think if you're going to try and do politics you should do it properly and not just sing "rofl bush sux hahaha." It was pop punk fans that wound me up when I was in school. Little skater pricks banging on about how "punk" they were, bopping away to Blink 182. Used to make me cringe.

I like the Dropkick Murphys, though. They're more about what punk is, to me. A bit of originality and a bit of raw noise mixed in with a genuine understanding of both their roots and their own politics. You can argue they're originality's lessened by their heavy influence from the likes of the Pogues but they've taken it truly in their own direction.

Shame they've gone completely mellow, middle of road and just... old these days, heh. Molly have done the same but then they never made any grand overtures of being particularly hardcore.

I tried not to ruin it! I steered clear of The Offspring, Sum 41, The Vandals and the like i said i was into pop punk and listened to a few of old punk records, i made no bones about that. My first gig was Less Than Jake, The Ataris, The Vandals and [spunge] at Extreme Festival in 2000 followed a week later at an over 14s New Found Glory/Finch/The Starting Line gig. I was more into Ska-Pop than anything tbh.

lol

Agree with you on Green Day, but that was sort of me when I was 15/16, and my entire CD collection just consisted of pop punk bands like blink, nfg, mxpx, nofx, unwritten law, jimmy eat world, offspring, strung out and a load of other obscure bands.

Still listen to them now and then for nostalgia.. ok maybe I do still like the music abit, and The Vandals Christmas CD will get played again in the coming weeks as it does every year. :D

lol I was at that Xtreme Fest. Still have the t-shirt somewhere, haha. Whats his face from the Vandals climbing around the stage and sitting there for LTJ's set was amusing.

I have the tshirt too and a signed programme. My dad came with me cos i was so young and sat with another mates dad behind the signing tent and rather than standing in the queue kept getting autographs as they came out. He didn't have a clue who any of them were.

Agree with you on Green Day, but that was sort of me when I was 15/16, and my entire CD collection just consisted of pop punk bands like blink, nfg, mxpx, nofx, unwritten law, jimmy eat world, offspring, strung out and a load of other obscure bands.

Still listen to them now and then for nostalgia.. ok maybe I do still like the music abit, and The Vandals Christmas CD will get played again in the coming weeks as it does every year. :D

This. From Here To Infirmary and Bleed American get played once a year for nostalgic reasons.

lol

it's tradition you have to counter balance the fact that every shop you go in plays Wizard and Slade by listening to a Hang myself from the tree, my first christmas as a women, grandpas last xmas and gun for christmas!

Time out--we're on the third page of this thread, and nary a mention of the most important punk band of all?

:)

oooooh here's some classic Swedish stuff for ya:

(lyrics NSFW)

edit to add that, if you want a great holiday gift for your 12-year-old cousin that's just getting into what he calls, "punk" is Rhino Records' "No Thanks! The '70s Punk Rebellion" 4-cd box set. (but make sure you click on the FoxesTalk amazon.co.uk link ;))

• 2 weeks later...

Cock Sparrer - Were coming back

Also some LCFC related pictures :thumbup:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

England Belongs to me

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Archived