Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Jamie Vardy to Leicester in £1m scoop

I have a friend who was in some sort of corporate hospitality for Fleetwood's last home match (Tuesday night, I think). He told me that the word there was that the deal was already done - £1m potentially rising to £2m. Seems a lot of money for a non-league player and seems very strange that we would commit to this sort of signing while we don't know which league we'll be playing in next season (although I think it is becoming clear it won't be the top flight).

I'm not saying it is necessarily true but the rumour has come from the Fleetwood end rather than being plucked out of the backside of a mirror journalist.

As an aside, he said the food at Fleetwood was very good, much better than at Blackpool.

I have a friend who was in some sort of corporate hospitality for Fleetwood's last home match (Tuesday night, I think). He told me that the word there was that the deal was already done - £1m potentially rising to £2m. Seems a lot of money for a non-league player and seems very strange that we would commit to this sort of signing while we don't know which league we'll be playing in next season (although I think it is becoming clear it won't be the top flight).

I'm not saying it is necessarily true but the rumour has come from the Fleetwood end rather than being plucked out of the backside of a mirror journalist.

As an aside, he said the food at Fleetwood was very good, much better than at Blackpool.

Sauce?

You mean source? :)

Touche :ph34r:

Edit ; it was intended as a highly intelligent and entertaining play on words due to the added discussion about the food, i guess... in the words of the kids "FAIL"

Touche :ph34r:

Edit ; it was intended as a highly intelligent and entertaining play on words due to the added discussion about the food, i guess... in the words of the kids "FAIL"

Ah you see I didn't read it all and hence didn't see the discussion about food!

Crazy money, reminds me a lot of Le Fondre, same age, height, goalscoring record BUT Le Fondre was doing it two leagues higher than Vardy and Reading paid around £350,000 for him.

Nige won't pay over the odds that's for sure.

Crazy money, reminds me a lot of Le Fondre, same age, height, goalscoring record BUT Le Fondre was doing it two leagues higher than Vardy

1 division higher. Rotheram are in league 2 and Fleetwood in the BSP

FOR A NON-LEAGUE TEAM!

FOR A NON-EAGUE TEAM!

Your bias to the lower divisions, were you complaining when we signed Lennon, or any other player from the lower divisions who have done the job for us? yes players in the conference may not be able to make the step up but I trust NP's judgement this guy doesn't seem to be a one season wonder if you look at his career

Senior career* Years Team Apps (Gls) 2007–2010 Stocksbridge Park Steels 107 (66) 2010–2011 FC Halifax Town 38 (27) 2011– Fleetwood Town 26 (24)

Your bias to the lower divisions, were you complaining when we signed Lennon, or any other player from the lower divisions who have done the job for us? yes players in the conference may not be able to make the step up but I trust NP's judgement this guy doesn't seem to be a one season wonder if you look at his career

We got lennon from the 1st division. Thats 2 divisions ABOVE where this guy is playing. Lennon also came through the famed Dario Gradi set up at crewe if i am not mistaken. Gradi has consistently churched out good players whilst at crewe...

I also trust Nigel Pearson but i will not believe that the sunshines out of a players arse just because he has scored 27 goals for a NON-LEAGUE team. also, every single one of Pearsons signings have been great. Most very good, but not all of them.

We got lennon from the 1st division. Thats 2 divisions ABOVE where this guy is playing. Lennon also came through the famed Dario Gradi set up at crewe if i am not mistaken. Gradi has consistently churched out good players whilst at crewe...

I also trust Nigel Pearson but i will not believe that the sunshines out of a players arse just because he has scored 27 goals for a NON-LEAGUE team. also, every single one of Pearsons signings have been great. Most very good, but not all of them.

I appreciate what you are saying, for all we know he could turn out to be a star for us or be a flop I guess it is a gamble, but we will see how he does,

just speculating, really. IF ONE of them were to be sold, I'd imagine Pearson would sell Beckford because I've heard he still doesn't like his attitude (although it has improved, just not enough.

In response: I dont blame him probably getting a right pain in his neck from all these long balls that are aimed at him. Especially when he plays next to someone I believe is much stronger in the air than himself.

In Nigel Pearson we don't trust then lol

FFS people wanted the lad in jan now we are not sure.

I would think he's been on NP's radar for a little while.

No second thoughts Pearson and Walsh are only professional management so they will have seen the 20 seconds of FA cup highlights and thought OH fvck it the Thais have shit loads we can just waste a pure Million on him.

After all buying shear dross for a million is gonna look great on his CV.

Moan Moan fvck1n Moan lol lol

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle875785.html

Nigel Pearson is preparing a £1million bid for Fleetwood striker Jamie Vardy.

The Leicester boss will make a second attempt to sign Vardy in the summer after his £750,000 bid was rejected by the Cod Army.

Blue Square Premier leaders Fleetwood snubbed an offer from the Foxes in January but are braced for another approach.

The Daily Mirror ?? "In the Summer ?" Just what is the point of this thread ?

The Daily Mirror ?? "In the Summer ?" Just what is the point of this thread ?

Transfer speculation has started now, Arsenal have got Poldolski already for example, so clubs are already on the move in terms of buying players but obviously this cannot be official to the transfer market opens.

we wounder why were struggling then i look at people like this that we are going for im sorry but you coulds score 500 goals in the lower leagues but it still dont make you a good player.

Iif forest go down i recon we should try to nick dextor blackstock from them but this guy vardy i just dont think hes going to be good enough.

Like a previous poster has mentioned- Alan Smith signed from non league Alverchurch provided a perfect partner for Gary Lineker, moved to Arsenal for big money at the time and also played for England, it can work but there are going to be a number of teams in for him, thats why we would have to pay the million pounds transfer fee.

Archived