Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Jamie Vardy to Leicester in £1m scoop

Seems like a lot of money but then with so many clubs having supposedly been sniffing around and our relative wealth always meant the price was going to be pushed up. Can't say I've seen that much of him but the fact that there has been a lot of interest would suggest the guy's got something.

Would rather we went for this type of player tbh. People on here said they were dead against ALF earlier in the season and look what he's gone on to do for Reading in this division.

Seems like a lot of money but then with so many clubs haveing supposedly been sniffing around and our relative wealth always meant the price was going to be pushed up. Can't say I've seen that much of him but the fact that there has been a lot of interest would suggest the guy's got something.

Would rather we went for this type of player tbh. People on here said they were dead against ALF earlier in the season and look what he's gone on to do for Reading in this division.

I'd agree with this....

Reading have a nice blend with the likes of ALF and Jason Roberts

Seems like a lot of money but then with so many clubs having supposedly been sniffing around and our relative wealth always meant the price was going to be pushed up. Can't say I've seen that much of him but the fact that there has been a lot of interest would suggest the guy's got something.

I'd agree with this....

Reading have a nice blend with the likes of ALF and Jason Roberts

ALF.jpg

(But seriously who is ALF? I am probably being dense but that TLA means nothing to me)

I think I might have found the reason why John Percy knows so much about our transfer dealings

http://wwa-sport.com/journalist-profiles/

JOHN PERCY

John been working in journalism and football since 1999, after starting at the Nottingham Evening Post. He then went on to become part of Leicester City’s media team, before joining WWA in 2003. John covers the Midlands clubs.

Risky deal but I think compared to the amount we've pissed away over the past year it can't do much worse.

Adam Le Fondre, not being funny, what had he done before the last 3/4 weeks? No more than Beckford.

He's scored 11 league goals in total, admittedly in a better team but about half of his appearances have been from the bench. It's foolish to discount his recent performances too as that's when Reading have had most to play for. His goals helped them beat Soton at St Mary's which set them up pretty nicely for the title.

I'm not saying he's the best player in the world but a good example of someone stepping up from a lower league. Going down the leagues for players is always a gamble but I have no reason to not trust NP's judgement on Vardy.

So he knows about our dealings with players like Vardy because he worked for us 10 years ago?

But stringer Said so :) on a serious note tho I think he is worth the gamble he would know that people dont think he is good enough therefore will want to prove them wrong also I have watched him a few times with his pace and movement I think he is capable of beating most championship centre halves and he has proven for years that he has a eye for goal!!

Archived