Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I find I need a break from most games after 90-120 mins, so I didn't get that, but I can see how it can get repetitive, but I was driven by seeing what next beautiful vista was round the bend. Some of the outside bits genuinely made me feel sick, as I have a fear of heights.

Alien: Isolation is my current game and a bit underwhelmed at the moment. Spent ages sneaking around d avoiding the alien, only to find its first appearance is a scripted cut scene. In fact, a few hours in and it all seems a bit scripted and on rails, which really isn't what I was expecting. Someone please tell me it gets better.

Stick with it.  It will punish you over and over again and I loved it.

I want to get RE7 - I will get RE7 at some point but am currently playing through Watchdogs 2 which on the whole so far is great although the characters are still a tad underwhelming.  I'm doing most of the side missions though and haven't progressed much with the actual main story so maybe they'll pick up a bit.  The hacking in this game is great as well, especially the nodes appearing on the actual landscape rather than in some virtual space.  Very well put together.  Impressed.

So RE7, on hard, how tough compared with Alien Isolation?  Surely the only way to play through is on hard?  lol

It only has easy or normal difficulty when you first start, there's a hard mode that unlocks once you've finished the game once that changes item and enemy locations though. Obviously havnt finished it yet so not sure what it's like on hard, I imagine it's a couple of hits and you're dead though. There seems to be a lot less places to hide than isolation so far that's for sure, you're basically running for your life most the time

43 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Ok so narrow corridors, lots of running.  How's it compare to Outlast?

Better, as it has actual puzzles rather than just trying to get from a to b, it's a lot like resident evil 1 than the more recent action orientated ones

onto Disc 3 of FF8 and loving going through it again. The first time I played (when it first came out) I had no idea what I was doing with the junctioning etc. Couldn't beat a certain boss on disc 3 because I was useless. Then a 2nd play through years later I beat the game quite easily.

Now more years later and going through it again the game is so easy to smash. It's still a brilliant game. Loving it on the Vita as well. The wife always moaned I was on the PS4 when she wanted to watch TV. Now i'm on the Vita every night she still moans lol. Women just don't understand a mans need to Game lol 

Edited by kingcarr21

• 2 weeks later...

After clocking FF8 and remembering how good it was it got me thinking which is my favourite FF game. i've re downloaded FF7 and currently playing through that again. Once i've clocked that again ill do FF9 and finally try to come to an answer as to which is my fave.

In my head it was 8-7-9 but i've got a sneaky feeling once i've played through them again that might change.

27 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

After clocking FF8 and remembering how good it was it got me thinking which is my favourite FF game. i've re downloaded FF7 and currently playing through that again. Once i've clocked that again ill do FF9 and finally try to come to an answer as to which is my fave.

In my head it was 8-7-9 but i've got a sneaky feeling once i've played through them again that might change.

You know they make other games too mate?

• Like 1

I have discovered Killer Instinct. Which I always thought was nowhere near challenging the likes of MK and Street Fighter in terms of quality but now with all it's updates (probably because it launched as free to play) but I'd say it's better than SF and at least on a par with MK. Not bad for a game with Gold, nice to have free games worth downloading again. 

Actually quite a few very good exclusive games knocking around on this machine.

Back on the Playstation Dishonored driving me nuts and trying to get the motivation to finish off Dog Simulator 2017 (The Last Guardian) and failing. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

28 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

yea and i've played all of them, problem is I played them after 7 8 and 9. So my nostalgia takes me to those 3 games as they were the ones that made me fall in love with the series.

I meant other games besides FF

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to give my PS4 a break, so hooked up my 360 for the first time in years.

Been playing:

Fifa 12(the online is still active!)

NBA Jam

Borderlands 2

Dirt 2(favourite of the series)

Star Wars The Force Unleashed(free game of the month)

Forza 4

Call of Duty Ghosts

F1 2012

after finishing FF7 and FF8 im now on FF9. I forget how good the soundtracks are to these games. Just got to Disc 2 on FF9. The trance in FF9 really annoys me. Takes ages to get it and you end up getting it in a random battle against an easy enemy and its wasted.

Quina is an absolute beast in this game.

• 2 weeks later...