Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Back on Fallout 4. 53 mods loaded, survival mode and a mod that re enables achievements for modded saves lol Although none opf the mods  use are to gain any advantage or change thee balance of the game, just more quests, bug fixes, graphic tweaks etc

Just had a minor annoyance in Horizon: Zero Dawn and it's something I've encountered several times in open world games. There is a side mission, don't worry, not going to give much away here, that requires you to track a herd of robots that some hunters have lost the trail to. So I pick up the trail with my focus and... they're down the canyon I just came up! And these are not tiny little creatures you could miss either. In fact they're one of the biggest robots in the game! 

Too often game designers expect you to follow the path and arrive from a different direction, but hey! It's an open world, and you know what, I reckon it's gonna be quicker to climb over that ridge here and scramble up that canyon. There, I'm here, now what do you need me too... go back the way I just came? Well, okay, but I can definitely reassure you there's nothing down there, I'd have noticed... WHERE THE...!!!!

After Final Fantasy 15 and listening to the soundtracks of 7,8 and 9 I went back and played all 3 in the hope I could decide on my favourite out of the 3 of them. I am now at the final boss of 9 after completing 7 and 8 and I can safely say it's tough to put them in order.

7 has the best Villain

8 has the best system (Junctioning)

9 has the best music

Each has their own strengths over the other. I think I would put 8 last as the Materia system in 7 is arguably just as good.

I think 7 had a slightly better story so I will go 7 - 9 - 8

I will change my mind though later lol so I think I will just say all 3 are brilliant and on par with each other.

Now to decide what to play next.

First year of playing War Thunder has just passed and I'm still loving it. After the best part of 10 years since Call of Duty 1 came out basically playing the same game with no learning curve or sense of achievement it's so refreshing to play something so deep and rewarding. 1 year in and I'm bearing scratching the surface, still learning about movement, concealment, different types of shells etc, there is a real incentive to gets to grips with the vehicles you're using and their strengths, along with the weaknesses of those that you're facing. 

Haven't paid a penny so far but getting to the point where I feel I should put some money in to aid development. I'd implore anyone with an interest in WW2 planes/AFVs to take a look. 

Turned my Playstation on for the first time in weeks to look at what was available to download. In the Easter sale I found Dragon Age Inquisition with 95% off. £2.99. Started it last night but only played for like 20 minutes. Has anybody else played it? Is it any good?

5 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Turned my Playstation on for the first time in weeks to look at what was available to download. In the Easter sale I found Dragon Age Inquisition with 95% off. £2.99. Started it last night but only played for like 20 minutes. Has anybody else played it? Is it any good?

I've completed it but struggled as I kept losing interest. Story is actually pretty good but the combat is a bit meh, and the "go fetch" side quests are tiresome. But for £2.99, well worth it.

27 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I've completed it but struggled as I kept losing interest. Story is actually pretty good but the combat is a bit meh, and the "go fetch" side quests are tiresome. But for £2.99, well worth it.

I don't mind go Fetch sidequests. Aslong as the game keeps my attention. Like you said though for £2.99 and including the DLC it was a no brainer

On 9/17/2016 at 08:16, FireFox said:

TES III: Morrowind

Haven't played it since Oblivion came out. So 6.5 years. It's not as bad as I though it'd be. Only have some basic mods on it.

15 today! Gonna try to give it another play through this month.

Forza Horizon 2 along with a bit of sunset overdrive atm.

Forza really is just the only racing game you'd ever need unless you have stupid amounts of spare time, whole series is the reason any serious driving game fan should own an Xbox one over a PS4. Probably about the only genre mind you but still.

Lego Star Wars on the PS3 with my 7 year old boy.

He loves it. I don't know what the fvck I'm doing so he just shouts at me all the time telling me what buttons to press.

I'm far to old for this shit and don't understand gaming, but it's good father/son bonding time I guess...

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Started a new game on Skyrim. Ive said to myself I will be a mage and learn all the spells as I always end up with armour and a one hand skill of 100 lol. Should keep me busy

Most Skyrim players have that before they start :thumbup:

On 2017-5-9 at 15:21, kingcarr21 said:

Started a new game on Skyrim. Ive said to myself I will be a mage and learn all the spells as I always end up with armour and a one hand skill of 100 lol. Should keep me busy

I'm the opposite, I try to make more martial combat based builds and end up tossing fireballs and lightning bolts out of every orifice :D