Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

West Ham.. score prediction?

Stoke, Hull, West Brom, Palace and Sunderland were all such similar games. Man City was like a lesser version whereby we didn't even look capable of creating a chance but the opposition didn't either.

Think I read earlier that we've had the joint fewest goals in the league down at the KP this season which given that we had 18 in the first 4 games is amazing. I know it's partly because we've played fewer home games than everyone else but there have only been 12 goals in the 9 games since them and we've only scored 3, which is absolutely disgraceful.

3 home league goals in 6 months.

That really is deplorable. It's like the worst kind of home form as well, no points, no excitement. Just absolutely dull as dishwater. Depressing. All this for a side who just twelve months ago would fearlessly attack anyone. Not a single person is telling me Leicester of last year would not manage a goal against those five teams.

We cannot go on like this at home, surely?

That really is deplorable. It's like the worst kind of home form as well, no points, no excitement. Just absolutely dull as dishwater. Depressing. All this for a side who just twelve months ago would fearlessly attack anyone. Not a single person is telling me Leicester of last year would not manage a goal against those five teams.

I think Merson was right at the start of the season. It's just not an intimidating place to come to. The ground is in a fairly nice area (for Leicester), the pitch is beautiful and the atmosphere dies after 5 minutes or so.

Obviously I'm not suggesting this is the main reason for our shortcomings but I don't think many teams feel nervous when they arrive at the KP

I think Merson was right at the start of the season. It's just not an intimidating place to come to. The ground is in a fairly nice area (for Leicester), the pitch is beautiful and the atmosphere dies after 5 minutes or so.

Obviously I'm not suggesting this is the main reason for our shortcomings but I don't think many teams feel nervous when they arrive at the KP

This.........same old same old, blame the fans, atmosphere and the quality of the Stadium.......NOT the man who picks the team, sets up the formation, tells the players how to play?

Truth is we have been too careful and too negative this season we have not been allowed to attack or even play our quick tempo passing game either. One man responsible for this Pearson.

Back to topic Rachel Riley is the nutts mutts pity she supports Manure though.

This.........same old same old, blame the fans, atmosphere and the quality of the Stadium.......NOT the man who picks the team, sets up the formation, tells the players how to play?

Truth is we have been too careful and too negative this season we have not been allowed to attack or even play our quick tempo passing game either. One man responsible for this Pearson.

Back to topic Rachel Riley is the nutts mutts pity she supports Manure though.

yeah because that's what I said........

Which is why I don't quite understand all the belief that having home matches offers us a real chance. We look more threatening away. Compare the last three away matches (Everton, Man City and Spurs) with the last three home (Stoke, Palace and Hull). 

Which is why I don't quite understand all the belief that having home matches offers us a real chance. We look more threatening away. Compare the last three away matches (Everton, Man City and Spurs) with the last three home (Stoke, Palace and Hull). 

Teams coming on to us and us counter attacking suits our style, having teams happy to come and get a point doesn't. If West Ham come and attack we'll look attacking, if they come and set their stall out and wait for us to invariably feck something up at the back, we'll look negative.

Guest ttfn

Teams coming on to us and us counter attacking suits our style, having teams happy to come and get a point doesn't. If West Ham come and attack we'll look attacking, if they come and set their stall out and wait for us to invariably feck something up at the back, we'll look negative.

For me it's this utter inability to break down well-organised games that makes it all the more disappointing that we've not seen more of Knockaert. Slow? Yes. Tactically indisciplined? Arguably. But he has more creativity in his little toe than anyone else in our squad bar Cambiasso and Mahrez. Picking Schlupp for games when we should be looking to be on the front foot makes no sense - we're set up to play on the counter attack against teams who aren't interested I attacking us.

• 1 month later...

Two from the top and one from the bottom please Rachel...

So it seems she's some sort of lucky charm? Trying to think of something dirty to say but nothing springs to mind!

Archived