Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Schlupp

I've bitten my tongue and reserved judgement on Schlupp and I'm bloody glad of that, otherwise I would now be having to retract a pile of embarrassing crap! He's gaining not just in confidence, but in the trust of at least some of the fans ... for me he has become one of the most entertaining and exilerating to watch players ... and overall against the Toon I'd say another top effort

Hard to compare Huth and Cambiasso but they've both been class. But for a season long award you can't give it to a January loan signing.

Without him we would have finished bottom of the league with an appaling points total.

It's as though the season didn't even start until he played his first game.

Anyone in the previous 3 months teams really don't deserve POTS.

Without him we would have finished bottom of the league with an appaling points total.

It's as though the season didn't even start until he played his first game.

Anyone in the previous 3 months teams really don't deserve POTS.

Well that's bollocks, it's not like every single player was crap, we just lost a lot of games.

Still not a left back and is defensively a bit of a Sol Bamba but going forward he is an absolute menace. The way he and Vardy start games by getting at defenders set the tone from the off.

I love him and Albrighton as wing backs. First 2 names on the team sheet alongside Kasper and Cambiasso.

Well that's bollocks, it's not like every single player was crap, we just lost a lot of games.

You do realise if we beat Southampton we'll have got more points in the last 6 games than the first thirty.

Huth is the Truth.

Season changer.

Still not a left back and is defensively a bit of a Sol Bamba but going forward he is an absolute menace. The way he and Vardy start games by getting at defenders set the tone from the off.

I love him and Albrighton as wing backs. First 2 names on the team sheet alongside Kasper and Cambiasso.

This bit about defensively Schlupp being risky is rubbish.

I can recall him giving Dyer (one of the quickest wingers in the division) absolutely nothing when we played Swansea at home.

Yesterday, defensively he was making tackle after tackle, especially in the second half.

It's his pace that does it..he can lose a challenge, but is quick enough to get back and try again.

Every fullback, put under pressure, will make errors..every player does not go through 90 mins without making an error or two.

But when it's defenders (and especially the goalkeeper) it shows..and it can lead to conceding.

Just think how many missed passes Cambiasso might have made yesterday, how many times Vardy should have scored, but didn't, how many times James might have gotten out of position.

These are all 'errors' too...but they get overlooked in games where we are cruising.

Jeff Schlupp both going forward and defensively, is getting better and better.

He's a real asset to have in this side.

Col Jeff is poor defensively, did you not see yesterday when he did his routine ignore the player behind him and let a ball float over his head to the opposition players feet?

You can't ignore when he does these crazy things. 

I like him and I appreciate what he brings to the side but playing him does come with risk as he isn't a defender but it is a risk worth taking as he offers a lot going forward.

Just think how many missed passes Cambiasso might have made yesterday

shock

You do realise if we beat Southampton we'll have got more points in the last 6 games than the first thirty.

Huth is the Truth.

Season changer.

And that's all down to Huth? Nothing to do with change of formation, confidence, luck changing a bit, scoring a lot of goals? Yes I agree Huth has been class since he has been here, but a lot of things have contributed to our good form, not just Huth.

Cambiasso was instrumental in our season points total too, man utd at home, stoke away and has been phenomenal in this recent run in. Has he ever been that bad all season? I dont think so, just in a struggling team, and any player can be in a struggling team, even Huth, doesn't make them bad.

I'll say it again. Your vendetta against cambiasso is literally so boring. But now this overhype of Huth as the ONLY reason we are doing well is nonsense.

And that's all down to Huth? Nothing to do with change of formation, confidence, luck changing a bit, scoring a lot of goals? Yes I agree Huth has been class since he has been here, but a lot of things have contributed to our good form, not just Huth.

Cambiasso was instrumental in our season points total too, man utd at home, stoke away and has been phenomenal in this recent run in. Has he ever been that bad all season? I dont think so, just in a struggling team, and any player can be in a struggling team, even Huth, doesn't make them bad.

I'll say it again. Your vendetta against cambiasso is literally so boring. But now this overhype of Huth as the ONLY reason we are doing well is nonsense.

Your love of all things Cambi blind you to the truth.

Cambi makes as many mistakes if not more than Schlupp.

Cambi is not a better defender than Schlupp.

Cambi doesn't put the fear of God into defenders like Schlupp.

Cambi makes passes some of which work someof which don't.

And how disingenuous do you have to be to not admit that everything changed for us when Huth started playing for us. You can say the  formation changed or our confidence changed but those are down to Huth too.

The wins speak for themselves.

The arrival of Huth has saved our season.

POTS

And how disingenuous do you have to be to not admit that everything changed for us when Huth started playing for us. You can say the  formation changed or our confidence changed but those are down to Huth too.

POTS

:nigel:

And how disingenuous do you have to be to not admit that everything changed for us when Huth started playing for us. You can say the formation changed or our confidence changed but those are down to Huth too.

POTS

You have found someone else to heap the praise on as the saviour because you couldn't stand cambiasso getting any praise. Nice one.

I don't think anybody is saying Huth hasn't been good, excellent even, and his arrival maybe lifted the group as we managed to be more solid at the back and that has given us a platform to go and win games.

We have won a lot of games with Huth and it's not a coincidence, he's a top defender. But your hate for people appreciating cambiasso's performances as your determination to ensure the praise is directed elsewhere is simply put is making you look daft. Our supporters, other teams supporters, pundits and managers alike appreciate what cambiasso has done for us but you can't.

On schlupp, was great to have him back. He is a menace going forwards and bar the one heart in mouth moment the was good defensively. I do worry about them slip ups though as kouyate's goal and Hutton away off the top of my head were balls over the top of him finding him asleep and the same happened Saturday. Needs to brush up on positional sense and awareness there. Overall, good game and look forward to Southampton!

Why cannot some folk just embrace Cambiasso,geez it's not like we have been spoilt over the years

Mate....everybody embraces Cambiasso. I embrace Cambiasso. I've been very positive with nearly all my posts about him recently.

But why can't people also embrace Jeffrey Schlupp? One of our own, young players..clearly improving with every game and an integral part of our recent success.

The criticism that Schlupp has got on this forum over this season is in direct contrast with the praise and adulation heaped upon Esteban Cambiasso.

Why not both? They've both played their part, ESPECIALLY over recent weeks.

Let's applaud and embrace both, rather than keeping on criticising Jeff's supposed defensive frailties.

:thumbup:

When Jeff got stick early in the season,I was one of the first to tell them to get of his back.

I hate it when people slag young players of who are far from the finished article,same applies to Liam Moore.

Alex Ferguson had him on trial for a reason,he saw something,and I'm only glad we have kept hold of him.

And how disingenuous do you have to be to not admit that everything changed for us when Huth started playing for us. You can say the formation changed or our confidence changed but those are down to Huth too.

POTS

Even for you the level of delusion in the post is absolutely monumental. Wow.

Archived