Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Schlupp

I hope anyone who doubts schlupp watched the Chelsea match today - poor old Konchesky got ripped apart by Willian. Fingers crossed Schlupp is back for Saturday

Seriously? I'm a fan of Schlupp but if you think he'd have had Willian in his pocket you're off your rocker.

Seriously? I'm a fan of Schlupp but if you think he'd have had Willian in his pocket you're off your rocker.

Seriously? You actually think schlupp wouldn't have done a better job than Konch? Schlupp has more pace,is no worse a tackler than konch and offerss much more of a threat going forward. I'm not questioning konch's effort, it's clear however that he was targeted by Mourinho in the half time chat and was badly exposed in the 2nd half.

Willian arse licking is unreal. He was faster than konch, about it. Schlupp would have dealt with him, as much as I don't rate him as a footballer, he rarely gets beaten by being run at.

In fairness to Konch Willian was moved at half time, and Albrighton played down the right second half, this left him woefully exposed, and well short of pace.....had Albrighton moved across Hazard would have had more space down our right flank, lesser of two evils I guess.?

With Huth and three central defenders that rarely happened in the first half....enforced early substitutions reall jigger game plans up, and two of our best recent performers left early....we will miss Huth if not fit at the weekend, hopefully Schlupp and Nuge will be fit

Before he got injured he'd started to get a bit more consistency to his game, but I'm still reserving proper judgement on him being a premiership standard player until he can turn it on for more than 2/3 games at a time. Still - better than the alternatives.

By and large wingers are by far the most prone to being in and out of games than any other position. Barring the very few top elite players you're very hard pressed to find a winger perform consistently week in, week out. If we had a winger who could perform to a very high level every single game he wouldn't be with us for very long, they're like gold dust.

The tide of opinion on young Jeff, it would seem, has finally turned.

Until he next has a bad game I guess.

I imagine he will be slated for being a dumb-dumb during the game, probably mis hit a vital key pass/cross/shot and also do some good things. The tide of opinion will change by the minute as it always does with Schlupples.

As soon as he was out it was obvious we were missing him.

I think sometimes it's not so much about a player's ability but what they bring to the team and we are a much better team when we have a left back who can surge forward and still get back to defend. I think we are missing Nugent though. These energetic players help Cambiasso to have the impact we desire as well.

If he is fully fit it will be a big boost as we need to get on the offensive vs Newcastle and we need an injection of energy and pace.

I imagine he will be slated for being a dumb-dumb during the game, probably mis hit a vital key pass/cross/shot and also do some good things. The tide of opinion will change by the minute as it always does with Schlupples.

yeah this. if he ever went more than 20 minutes without doing something completely retarded he'd probably be one of my fave players.

but just when you start warming to him and thinking yes this is a good idea schlupp is a footballer he'll just run straight out of play or sidefoot a pass straight to the oppsition.

yeah this. if he ever went more than 20 minutes without doing something completely retarded he'd probably be one of my fave players.

but just when you start warming to him and thinking yes this is a good idea schlupp is a footballer he'll just run straight out of play or sidefoot a pass straight to the oppsition.

Just like, Sterling, and the great Messi do regularly.Messi really makes alot of lost sloppy passes, its just that hes so good he makes up for it 10x over.

In comparison Sterlings potential is just overrated, he has 3-4 good runs, the rest of the game poor postioning loses posession in bad areas, he believes wrongly in his own press, not a natural goalscorer, at present.

SCHLUPP, improved, but big question can he realise his possible potential, or just has good can he be a good honest PL.player.

Thats why Cambiasso has spoken to his best friend Messi, to have him sign for the foxes, to play his last years with us and

coach Schlupp and Mahrez, but improve his own crossing skills from Albrighton, not forgetting the needed A handskills.

Archived