Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Schlupp

yeah this. if he ever went more than 20 minutes without doing something completely retarded he'd probably be one of my fave players.

but just when you start warming to him and thinking yes this is a good idea schlupp is a footballer he'll just run straight out of play or sidefoot a pass straight to the oppsition.

Agree, Still prefer him to Konch though

By and large wingers are by far the most prone to being in and out of games than any other position. Barring the very few top elite players you're very hard pressed to find a winger perform consistently week in, week out. If we had a winger who could perform to a very high level every single game he wouldn't be with us for very long, they're like gold dust.

Spot on fella.

If anyone doubt's what he brings to the team you only have to look at Wednesday's game. Chelsea capitalised on the fact we had a big hole down our left side. I won't say Chelsea wouldn't have still won, but they would have had to find a different way.

He's the only one who can play that defensive midfield role on our left.

If anyone doubt's what he brings to the team you only have to look at Wednesday's game. Chelsea capitalised on the fact we had a big hole down our left side. I won't say Chelsea wouldn't have still won, but they would have had to find a different way.

He's the only one who can play that defensive midfield role on our left.

Totally agree. With the three at the back Schlupp is perfect for the left wing back position. I thought Albrighton had a cracking game as well.

Guest ttfn

He did well attacking but once again got undone by a simple clipped ball in behind him which he totally misjudged.

Also managed for at least the second, possibly third time this season to totally misjudge the proximity of the ball to the touchline, ambling after a ball which could have been kept in with even half a jog.

But again his attacking play was strong and he won us at least one (both?) of the set pieces from which we scored.

But again his attacking play was strong and he won us at least one (both?) of the set pieces from which we scored.

Won us all three, if you include the last which we got the penalty from.

Look so much stronger in attack and defence with Schlupp in the team than Konchesky. The opposition will deliberately target Konchesky because of his lack of pace and poor distribution. They have much less joy doing so with Schlupp. 

Schlupp's strength and pace frightens other teams big time. They know he can get to their byeline and put them in big trouble. His defensive skills are also constantly improving.

He is prone to making some errors, but for me should always be in the team. Well done today Jeff, top effort.

very good today going forward. like i said in the match thread i'm not sure why but he was completely on his own at times on the left and when that's happening he's going to gallop into the space. the difference today to previous times was that his end product was better. he was drawing fouls or winning corners or putting balls into dangerous areas. 

did still get very confused by a ball over his head after about 10 mins but we'll forgive that for today. 

Archived