Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Schlupp

But Cambiasso has been our best player this season, and player of the season is an award to recognise the player who has been the best all season. 

That award would have pride of place in his trophy cabinet.

It has to be Cambiasso for player of the year. Apart from his own performances look at his influence on the rest of the team. A true legend.

Jeff has done really well and so has Mahrez in their development and both have the potential to be future winners but you cannot compare them to the polished performances of the Baldie one. 

The difference with Cambiasso is that he's expected to be amazing. Schlupp get's written off so many times and yet I bet every team we've played against hates trying to defend against him. He's such a willing runner as well, look at the game yesterday where he sprinted the whole pitch just for Mahrez to blank him. 

Mahrez has gone off the boil since Christmas and Vardy spent too long out of the team and not scoring when he was in it to be considered. Cambiasso, head and shoulders above the rest, barely put a foot wrong and played the majority of the games too.

How long will Schlupp still be a "Young" player? He's been a regular in the first team for two or three seasons now. I think once you're in your 20s, you've got to leave the young player tag behind. The U-21s and academy players have done so well this season there must be a better deserving player from that group?

Matty James won it last season at 22 after breaking into the 11 and staying there // This season Schlupp turned 22 in December and has been in the squad almost every week, playing LW which is an adapted role from the LB he's been taught and told to play the last few seasons, from ST the years of youth before that - alone that deserves the YPotY Award IMO. 21/22 is still a young player.

Cambiasso will get the Player of the Season award mainly because of his influence on the others, and his quality display's and odd moments of sheer beauty. Nobody else in our squad has done that.

Cambiasso is player of the season it is not funny to even joke about him not being.

Really?

I think he's a key reason our midfield has been overran so easily and as a result we are where we are.

However he's certainly got the measure of the game recently and since his MotM display at Goodison he has been the kind of class player I thought he would be when he signed.

Can't believe how critical people are being of him. For me his biggest weakness is his first touch. Apart from that he has all the attributes to be a good PL player. Ferguson doesn't usually get it wrong when he spots a talent. It's also important to remember he's been shifted from a striker to LM to LB to LWB. Can not be easy to play so many different positions.

Fergie got it wrong lots and lots of times and in any case, wasn't interested in Schlupp after his 'trial'. We don't even know what the trial thing was all about. It wasn't exactly the normal way to go about selling a player. I reckon Pearson probably wanted his mates in the United coaching team to give him an assessment, they probably never had any interest in buying him.

still can't believe people are using a failed trial at United to back him up. that's like me going for a job interview, not getting it but still putting it on my cv. or applying for uni, not getting in but because I applied it means I'm legit a genius.

Try adapting from your natural position to two different positions in a season whilst having to learn about playing in them positions whilst also playing in the most competitive top flight league in the world coming up against some of the best players in world football. And he's still in his early twenties.

Give the lad a break. Everyone makes mistakes! Jeff has contributed goals and assists this season as well let's not forget.

still can't believe people are using a failed trial at United to back him up. that's like me going for a job interview, not getting it but still putting it on my cv. or applying for uni, not getting in but because I applied it means I'm legit a genius.

Your criticism of Schlupp has been pretty constant all season Scouse. Are you ever going to give him a break? He's more valuable to this team than you've ever given him credit for.

Your criticism of Schlupp has been pretty constant all season Scouse. Are you ever going to give him a break? He's more valuable to this team than you've ever given him credit for.

Hey I said he'd be my first choice left mid in our current squad and I'd forgive his shortcomings cos once in a while he makes Messi look amateur.

But a failed trial isn't a good thing is it col? And as a left back he doesn't know what he's doing. I've always said that's not his fault either. If I had a job (like he has as a striker/left mid) and someone suddenly asked me to do a completely different job at the highest level id probably look daft most the time too.

Why not? You'd put on your CV something you won 10 years ago to try to get yourself a job in a different cultural environment. 

Fergie got it wrong lots and lots of times and in any case, wasn't interested in Schlupp after his 'trial'. We don't even know what the trial thing was all about. It wasn't exactly the normal way to go about selling a player. I reckon Pearson probably wanted his mates in the United coaching team to give him an assessment, they probably never had any interest in buying him.

This, Fergie picked up Bebe and called Smalling, Jones and Evans the greatest young players he'd ever had in his last few years, the guy was losing his marbles.

Sure NP allowed him to go to keep the relations between the two clubs excellent, which is very wise when you think we've picked up James, Drinkwater, RDL for peanuts in comparison.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived