Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Schlupp

They went in a different time though - nowadays we live in a world when Andy Carroll can go for £35m. Schlupp probably won't ever go for 50 mill, but let's be clear; he's had a very good couple of months and has adapted to the premiership well; he's an explosive winger with a lot of pace and is still a very young lad. If he can get a footballing brain and a more consistent end product he'd be an excellent player.

Exactly my sentiments, I was looking  ahead a few years with my figure of 50 mil. He already has a lot of the Attributes managers are looking for speed strength defensive and attacking ability.

. He needs to improve his ball kicking, His concentration and his decision making. Which are all achievable with practice and dedication.,   

Exactly my sentiments, I was looking  ahead a few years with my figure of 50 mil. He already has a lot of the Attributes managers are looking for speed strength defensive and attacking ability.

. He needs to improve his ball kicking, His concentration and his decision making. Which are all achievable with practice and dedication.,  

So basically everything apart from speed then?

So basically everything apart from speed then?

Hahahahahaaa it's incredible isn't it. Don't get me wrong, Schlupp is getting better and at times is very good but he's also absolutely abysmal a lot as well. He does the simple things so badly that it's beggars belief he's a professional. But his pace, strength and positioning mean the pitch opens up for him and gives him a lot of opportunities to hurt teams. He needs a footballing brain to ever be considered a top PL player.

To be fair a lot of people were ridiculing Gareth Bale when he was in the Spurs side when he was younger. I honestly think Schlupp could be a £5 million player!

Just seen he put £50 million!!    Oh my days that's ridiculous! Have a word with yourself my friend.

Hahahahahaaa it's incredible isn't it. Don't get me wrong, Schlupp is getting better and at times is very good but he's also absolutely abysmal a lot as well. He does the simple things so badly that it's beggars belief he's a professional. But his pace, strength and positioning mean the pitch opens up for him and gives him a lot of opportunities to hurt teams. He needs a footballing brain to ever be considered a top PL player.

I like Jeff and he is built like Nigel Benn but fcuk me he frustrates at times! As with Dyer before him though, if he had a (football) brain he wouldn't be playing with us!

It's an interesting point, although I think £50m is over-egging Schlupp's pudding somewhat. But it's not impossible.

The criticisms people level at him are no different to what people used to say about Aaron Lennon or Ashley Young for example. I think he definitely has the potential to become better than those two.

Very pleased for Schlupp and his first international goal with Ghana. Hope he goes on to bigger and better things with them - AFCON 2017 first, then the World Cup 2018.

All preferably whilst still being at Leicester. :D

lol this thread - there have been moments on the pitch this season where I would have gladly given him away and driven him to another club myself and there have been times when I've seen strength, quality, pace and even composure to make me think that if he keeps his place in the side (I think he'll be competing with Fuchs a fair bit) he might be worth a few million in the future. A few, but talking about fifty is simply laughable batshite insanity, end of.

I keep seeing "potential" on here, he's improved but he's not going to keep improving like some expect, Schlupp will always be an inconsistent player but that's probably what makes him dangerous.

Am I the only person who thinks Schlupp is being massively overhyped at the moment?

Don't get me wrong he's been good this year for his first year in the Prem & he's came on leaps & bounds. I understand he is still really young so he has so much potential & a bright future but he hasn't proven anything yet.

Seems like people think he's a world beater already.

No , there is no overrating just fans appreciating, enjoying watching a potential young player progress at PL level.

Just like a young junior club player, seeing that even with some doubts, and rightly some critic, is slowly blooming.

Not yet there, but work in process, where large steps have been made.

Yes but you would be surprised the amount of top players who continually work on the simple task of just kicking the Ball. Even those with the natural ability like Beckham worked for hour after hour improving their skill.

I'd urge both Jeff and Nigel to work on that side of his game as I feel he could become a 50 million pound player with that added asset. The rest is coming along nicely.

Easy there tiger, 50 million is a little bit inflated. I do however think that he could in time be sold for the same as what Adam Lallana went for. What was it? 25 million? It's not far-fetched to believe he could be as good as or better then Lallana at the peak of his potential.

Lallana is a much better player than Schlupp, Schlupp will improve some more but he's 23 this year not 19, I think people are overestimating his ability to improve, things like his decision making and positioning will improve with experience but he's not going to develop brilliant technical skills.

Lallana is a much better player than Schlupp, Schlupp will improve some more but he's 23 this year not 19, I think people are overestimating his ability to improve, things like his decision making and positioning will improve with experience but he's not going to develop brilliant technical skills.

Dont we have a guy called Vardy who came from nowhere, who also took time to develope, and is doing quite well honing

out and learning new skills.

I'm not so sure. Lallana is undoubtedly a very talented footballer, but is it completely against the realms of possibility that Schlupp can equal Lallana's potential? I don't think so. 50 million is a ludicrous valuation as that would put him in the same boat as a world class player and I highly doubt Schlupp will ever get to that level, but if he does continue to flourish and adapt in the manner he has done over the past 12 months then I simply cannot refuse to believe that he will not one day be spoken of in the same breath as an Adam Lallana level of footballer. Like many have said, most of the attributes he needs to develop will come with experience and if last season is anything to go by then I for one am confident he will succeed in fulfilling his undoubted potential. Make no mistake, we have one hell of a prospect at Leicester in Jeff Schlupp.

I'm not so sure. Lallana is undoubtedly a very talented footballer, but is it completely against the realms of possibility that Schlupp can equal Lallana's potential? I don't think so. 50 million is a ludicrous valuation as that would put him in the same boat as a world class player and I highly doubt Schlupp will ever get to that level, but if he does continue to flourish and adapt in the manner he has done over the past 12 months then I simply cannot refuse to believe that he will not one day be spoken of in the same breath as an Adam Lallana level of footballer. Like many have said, most of the attributes he needs to develop will come with experience and if last season is anything to go by then I for one am confident he will succeed in fulfilling his undoubted potential. Make no mistake, we have one hell of a prospect at Leicester in Jeff Schlupp.

Schlupp will never reach Lallana's level of technical ability, physically he's far superior but that doesn't make you a top footballer. It's certainly not impossible to think it could happen but I'm not sure.

Schlupp will never reach Lallana's level of technical ability, physically he's far superior but that doesn't make you a top footballer. It's certainly not impossible to think it could happen but I'm not sure.

You're completely entitled to your opinion of course, you've read mine. We'll see.

But his decision making is his major flaw, it's what stops him being a consistent threat - what you've just said is that he will get far better.

Agree completely I think that's a really odd comparison to be honest. Schlupp should be in the same mould as someone like Bale same type of player quick & direct. I would happily put a tenner on saying Schlupp will never be a creative technical player.

Archived